The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:28 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:actually i wasnt joking about liking last action hero, its a great film, its got arnie in, its got explosions in, its got way ott story, and really corny acting.... i pity you because you obviously turned on twins and were expecting a big indepth study of the biology between twins or something equalling as mind taxing, thought provoking and serious. one day u may actually realise not all films have to fit into your nice "elitist movie style" niche of smartness to be enjoyable, btw spud good hunting on that special rare dvd of arnold in his shakesperian serious thespian roles he used to be in im sure you will enjoy it when you finally find it.... ahem quite.

lol, so you find the comments unfound... no I pity you! :mrgreen:

For a film to be 'good', they just have to be even remotely good not a cheesy (well I suppose they can be, depends how its used), shitty, boring lacking in all amounts of action. Just because it stars a dumb Austrian, I'm supposed to ignore all my senses that are telling me to turn the shit off and conform to some idiot notion, 'oh it must be good because it has arnie in it', and despite it being an utterly dreadful piece of crap, on par with the likes of Judge Dreadful? Sorry mate, but my life's slightly more interesting to waste an hour and odd on the biggest piece of shit this side of titanic ;) But if you choose to spend your life dulling away the hours in mediocraty and cheese, then fight the power.

But peddling that in anyway that movie is remotely good or worthwhile is laughable, if I want a good action movie, I can choose most of the other movies in Arnie's back catalogue, Predator, Terminator, hell even Commando.. if I want a funny film, I can just watch a naked gun movie, or a decent enough american comedy (yes they do make them)... and if I want cheese, well, that's what B-movies are for. If I want a no brainer film, well there's hundreds of them around that aren't terrible. There's a difference between 'no brainer' and just flat out wank, its very easy to tell them apart :mrgreen:

But I have no desire to shit through a film that incorporates all of these badly, and holds little to no entertainment value. Hell if the movies lead star doesn't stick by Last Action Hero, then you know something is shit.

wtf do you think that piece of shit bombed so horribly :lol: Take a look at the movie and you might be able to place your finger on it, not even kids want to watch it. There's no excuses like it was too hard on the audience, it was the wrong crowd, etc. It's just flat out shit.

There's no mystical forces, artistic criticism, or anything of such nature, its just a terrible, terrible film in my view. I wouldn't waste time watching it again, and would pass that advice onto others. Deal ;)

As for twins I've seen it, and I'm in no hurry to see it again. Comedies with Arnie aren't what I'm into but if your one of them, fight the power.

@bassline, I watched the unrated version and to be honest, none of it seemed new at all. If you've seen the normal version, then its flat out identical. If someone can point out what scene was new I'd be really interested to hear, because I couldn't find any :o That is unless it was 10mins of extra credits or something :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Blade Runner on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:35 pm

Just seen Van Helsing and was suprised how much I enjoyed it, I know there's some corny scenes in there but I was able to brush them off quite easilyand get on with enjoying it.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:39 pm

well at least there's entertainment value in Van Smellsing / Underworld / Blade / etc.
I mean they are dumb but they aren't Last Action Hero :lol:

I'd rate it as 'okay' but it could have/ would have/ should have been better, but comic book style movies are a hit and miss affair these days :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:04 pm

i haven't seen any version of Underworld yet so i wouldn't know of any differences between the two :wink:

hmmm Van Helsing...might try and get that when a DVDScr is available :)
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:17 pm

if you can't wait:
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=4145
chotek wrote:Image

IMDB

NFO:
SOURCE.......: TELECINE
FPS..............: 25.000
AUDIO..........: English
CODEC.........: AC3 6ch 448k/s
ASPECT RATIO.: 1.85:1
VIDEO........: XVID
RESLOUTION...:640 x 352
BITRATE........: 1096 kb/s

ed2k: hls-vhtca.nfo  [10.1 Kb] [Stats]
ed2k: Van.Helsing.CD1.TELECINE.INTERNAL.AC3.XViD-HLS.avi  [700.91 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Van.Helsing.CD2.TELECINE.INTERNAL.AC3.XViD-HLS.avi  [694.29 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: hls-vhtc.sample.avi  [12.28 Mb] [Stats]

Best pre-DVD release I ever saw :o

[ Add all 4 links to your ed2k client ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Blade Runner on Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:19 pm

Actually the screen caps don't do it Justice
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:25 pm

I duno this one might:

:wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:33 pm

i'll wait for the DVD of this one :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:20 pm

Bassline wrote:hoping to get time to watch Underworld soon (uncut) even though i have heard it's pants....but i gotta see for meself :P

I loved UW. Waiting till I can buy the Uncut DVD here too.

spudthedestroyer wrote:if I want a funny film, I can just watch a naked gun movie

NG = WANK!!!

Van Helsing was good. Only thing I didn't like was how all the CG characters were just overly huge. Especially Hyde.

spudthedestroyer wrote:if you can't wait:
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=4145

(using my best d0c impression) But that's not a SciFi movie!!!

IMHO, it is cause all the 'HighTech' weapons he had that DIDN'T exist back then.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:39 pm

surely by saying empire strikes back is crap your not siding with spud as he bums that movie

and his shakesperian in hercules in ny of course :lol:

and ive not seen waxwork so cant really include it, i did see a softcore channel 5 erotica once though called House of wax lol which was... quite strange actually
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:46 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:actually i wasnt joking about liking last action hero, its a great film, its got arnie in, its got explosions in, its got way ott story, and really corny acting.... i pity you because you obviously turned on twins and were expecting a big indepth study of the biology between twins or something equalling as mind taxing, thought provoking and serious. one day u may actually realise not all films have to fit into your nice "elitist movie style" niche of smartness to be enjoyable, btw spud good hunting on that special rare dvd of arnold in his shakesperian serious thespian roles he used to be in im sure you will enjoy it when you finally find it.... ahem quite.

lol, so you find the comments unfound... no I pity you! :mrgreen:

For a film to be 'good', they just have to be even remotely good not a cheesy (well I suppose they can be, depends how its used), shitty, boring lacking in all amounts of action. Just because it stars a dumb Austrian, I'm supposed to ignore all my senses that are telling me to turn the shit off and conform to some idiot notion, 'oh it must be good because it has arnie in it', and despite it being an utterly dreadful piece of crap, on par with the likes of Judge Dreadful? Sorry mate, but my life's slightly more interesting to waste an hour and odd on the biggest piece of shit this side of titanic ;) But if you choose to spend your life dulling away the hours in mediocraty and cheese, then fight the power.

But peddling that in anyway that movie is remotely good or worthwhile is laughable, if I want a good action movie, I can choose most of the other movies in Arnie's back catalogue, Predator, Terminator, hell even Commando.. if I want a funny film, I can just watch a naked gun movie, or a decent enough american comedy (yes they do make them)... and if I want cheese, well, that's what B-movies are for. If I want a no brainer film, well there's hundreds of them around that aren't terrible. There's a difference between 'no brainer' and just flat out wank, its very easy to tell them apart :mrgreen:

But I have no desire to shit through a film that incorporates all of these badly, and holds little to no entertainment value. Hell if the movies lead star doesn't stick by Last Action Hero, then you know something is shit.

wtf do you think that piece of shit bombed so horribly :lol: Take a look at the movie and you might be able to place your finger on it, not even kids want to watch it. There's no excuses like it was too hard on the audience, it was the wrong crowd, etc. It's just flat out shit.

There's no mystical forces, artistic criticism, or anything of such nature, its just a terrible, terrible film in my view. I wouldn't waste time watching it again, and would pass that advice onto others. Deal ;)

As for twins I've seen it, and I'm in no hurry to see it again. Comedies with Arnie aren't what I'm into but if your one of them, fight the power.

yet you like farscape and deep space 9, i guess the old addage is true "you cant teach an old nerd good taste" :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:55 pm

But Spud's the youngin' on the board.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:12 pm

yes but trying to teach a young person would lose its impact, anyway hes over 18 so hes classed as an adult (legally anyway) lol :lol: sometimes i cant figure him out, likes resident evil hates football likes red dwarf - seems ok, then he goes and does weird stuff like hates arnie and likes farscape, i jsut cant figure that guy out lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:14 pm

People like what they like, maybe not for any particular reason, but just cos they do. Should criticising some one for what they like make them any different or open for attack, the acceptance of the differences is what makes you a good person.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby bobbystills on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:41 pm

:? not sure if ive seen underworld uncut. I'll have to check.
van helsing was ok but i liked the animated prequil better i think

atragon took two sittings to finish but was still pretty cool in that campy godzilla way. tiptoes was an interesting look @ the lives of dwarfs but, i wasnt that impressed overall w/ the characters, acting, or story. tried to watch pervirella made it about 10min b4 i had to start fasforwarding :wacky: not sure im going to waste a disc on it yet, probably will tho
... still waiting on riddick
what i want to see most right now tho is the village, the trailer was pretty cool imo and i robot cant wait for that 2, hope will smith dosent ruin it.
would be nice to get a copy of the village as early as that 1st copy of signs came out

i also watched cd1 of the.tulse.luper.suitcases.the.moab.story.2003.dvdrip.xvid.cd1-qix.avi by peter greenway - i still need 500mb to finish but so far im diggin cd1 alot :D

think i'll check out the 2 recent cronenbergh rls tonight, Crimes of the Future (1970) and Stereo (1969) i havent seen either yet

wish a riddick copy would come along to rival thoes VH caps

/speak of the devil....
look at the rating on that cam :D :D :D

/edit
"arnie" sukz
farscape was alot cooler b4 they took away the blue chic and making a cartoon of scorpius! btw did they ever bring her back after she turned colors?
empire strikes back rules
ds9 is the worst startrek series IMHO
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:35 am

Blade Runner wrote:People like what they like, maybe not for any particular reason, but just cos they do. Should criticising some one for what they like make them any different or open for attack, the acceptance of the differences is what makes you a good person.

ppl liking shit doesnt bother me, just i always make comebacks to spud because he seems to have this your wrong im right im superior complex goin on, so everytime he says something critisising me for my tastes i make a comeback at his, simple as that
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:12 am

bobbystills wrote:ds9 is the worst startrek series IMHO

iunno. I'm pretty sick of [Name-Your-Ship-Here] Star Trek shows. Next Generation could get away with it cuz, well, it was basically a new show after all those years. But Voyager? wtf? of course, I'm in the minority cuz I actually enjoyed the Enterprise concept. but even that has become an attempt to make a carbon copy of original/next gen/voyager. umm...and the female vulcan kicks geri ryan's love bags back to boobyville. :P
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:06 am

TNG rocks. I like it almost as much as TOS.
I can stand voyager but was never a bigfan of janeway. Ther was a pretty good argument about how bad she commands on the usenet a few weeks ago. for some reason alot of peeps like :matrix: her
but enterprise has really grown on me this and last season, if they changed that fuckin song id support it more. I like the fact they keep blantly ripping off production designs and writers from all around the scifi genra, their like pirates. i also like tpols new outfits :) hopefully by the end of the run she will be wearing a skirt that rivals Uhuras :o :o :P
@ maxEpad
I feel like yr smoking crack. fyi there can never be an anonymous agreement between two parties when the suggestion of oral love is put into play, that is of cours unless the threat of prison sex was real ... but never online
where i live a rimmer is a serious accusation.
maybe u should get out more
or do like me an post to a topic then read the replies :lol:
get a better avatar and try reading up on the fine lines between trolling and attacking is my advice. theres a bit of tact involved that yr lacking which really makes yr posts read like yra wineEcunt
&
having been kicked, banned, & pinged from many a mod/admin/op/chubbyest.eurolazywebcamslut i can say w/ honesty :wink: that spud is pretty openminded when it comes to free expression. lol u an yr comments wouldnt of lasted a minute on some of the sites ive been booted from.
Last edited by bobbystills on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:22 pm

ok, if you call someone a troll on these boards, should the appropriate image include those evil little things kids stick on the ends of their pens and pencils with florecent hair, or that big, knarly mofos like what guards da bridge from da tree billy goats and stomps around the caves of Moria with a giant dog collar around its neck?

I only ask because, as a fan of LotR and sex with goats, I'd be offended if I thought you meant to imply those</i> kinds of trolls. :wacky:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:06 pm

bobbystills wrote:@ max
I feel like yr smoking crack. fyi there can never be an anonymous agreement between two parties when the suggestion of oral love is put into play, that is of cours unless the threat of prison sex was real ... but never online
where i live a rimmer is a serious accusation.
maybe u should get out more
or do like me an post to a topic then read the replies :lol:
get a better avatar and try reading up on the fine lines between trolling and attacking is my advice. theres a bit of tact involved that yr lacking which really makes yr posts read like yra wineEcunt
&
having been kicked, banned, & pinged from many a mod/admin/op/chubbyest.eurolazywebcamslut i can say w/ honesty :wink: that spud is pretty openminded when it comes to free expression. lol u an yr comments wouldnt of lasted a minute on some of the sites ive been booted from.

wtf are you ranting on about you crazy deranged babboon, tact is for pussies who dont have the balls to stand up and be different from whatever the current norm is

i do read replies to posts, and to be honest dont care if you've been kicked out of an orbiting space station but then again i see ur obviously not open minded to other peoples tastes either as you complain about my avatar which makes you another elitist, and as far as my comments on other boards go i wouldnt enter boards filled with people who have nothing else to do but go on about whether janeway is a good captain or not. so say what you like, and fyi im actually very laid back in person, just when closed minded people try being bigheaded and bullish i will stand up to them until tehy become openminded enough to accept other people have differing tastes to they're own but it doesnt make the other person wrong, and im not questioning spuds tolerance of peoples opinions on the board, i will admit he doesnt kick or ban anyone for airing theyre own opinions but he still wont accept that other peoples opinions are as valid as his, but this isnt just about spud in general, not in teh least me and him get along on a fair number of things like resident evil, gaming issues, and other such things, its about people being closed minded in general

and all this trolling attacking is bullshit, if people cant accept others opinions they're the ones who shouldnt be on the boards, i mean i accept peoples views even when they differ from mine, just it gets me riled when im told my views are wrong

for instance for all i know dinky (above) may actually enjoy sex with goats and trolls i dont know, but i wouldnt argue with his views as he's never tried to attack my views, just as an example (im not saying you do have sex with goats dinky mate :lol: :beerchug: )
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General