Netscape 7.0

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Netscape 7.0

Postby kggf on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Second time I have to write this!

OK,
I have installed Netscape 7.0 because this site is not working well with my copy of IE and It seems to be working OK untill I want to delete a post and make a new one.

The problems I am having is that I cannot view the buttons needed to do things, When I want to delete a post, the buttons Yes/No and others do not show up.

I would like to know what I need to do to get the buttons to work in Netscape 7.0

Hope someone can help me.

Kggf
kggf
Owns a Genesis Device

Re: Netscape 7.0

Postby kggf on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:49 pm

OK, Never mind, I found a way around it, I upgraded to Netscape 9c... Looks like everything is stable and working fine :rock:
kggf
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:10 am

wait, what? netscape? who the heck uses netscape in the past ten years? Is it abandonware? only 11 out of 7882 recent hits are from netscape.

What's wrong with:
Mozilla Firefox -> http://www.getfirefox.com
Chrome -> http://www.google.com/chrome
Opera -> http://www.opera.com/
?

I've just tested in ie, firefox, chrome and opera if i can delete posts and it works fine. I do have more permissions than normal users, but i can't find a browser issue.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

maybe he's a FARSCAPE fan, and Netscape reminds him of his golden years? :twisted:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby kggf on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm

IE and netscape are the only main ones I used in collage that was avalable, When IE was messing me around I just remembered Netscape as this is the only easy one I can remember...

Seems to work like a jem ;)
kggf
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Try the other ones, both browsers are extremely dangerous. IE allows execution of malicious code due to flakey .dll injection and netscape has been dead for about 10 years, so won't be compatable with modern w3c standards.

Opera -> not to everyones taste
Mozilla Firefox -> defacto standard
Google Chrome -> minimalistic
Safari -> mac fanboys
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 pm

netscape project was abandonded ages and ages ago.. i am suprised 1/2 the site you look at work.

Netscape Archive wrote:Official End of Support
Given AOL's current business focus and the success the Mozilla Foundation has had in developing critically-acclaimed products, we feel it's the right time to end development of Netscape branded software. Read the history page for more details about this decision.

Firefox is great.. been using opera on my laptop just for a change... it has some problems... chrome... isn't really as bad as people say...
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm

firefox has huge memory problems, I like Chrome but it has some annoying bugs:
1) when you submit in some text boxes, it will truncate/word wrap the submitted text so it displays all wrong. Forums seem fine but the frontpage does it grrrr
2) Webstart, etc. don't work and it lacks some basic plugins (ie. adblock)
3) It crashes, despite its claims.

So i'm juggling chrome and firefox.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to General