Stars Wars action figures collectors thread

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Re: Stars Wars action figures collectors thread

Postby Jynks on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:31 am

anything from the 1st three films should be burnt into a sludge pile.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

one thing I don't get...do the speeder bike mods make any sense? what's the advantage of going from a seated "cockpit" to a straddle position like a crotch rocket or a horse?

and why are they always depicted firing blasters? it takes two hands. nobody's going to charge into battle on this weaponized vehicle with one hand on the controls and another around a blaster riffle. that always bugs me. the was a very specific purpose in JEDI where they used their own guns, and that was in a chase while the enemy was right next to them. I know, stupid thing to complain about given the rest of the movie(s), but tbh, the toys have always had more forethought than the movies.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 pm

its for imperial pig dogs with bad lower backs
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby d0c on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 pm

anything newer than the 3 first films should be burnt into a sludge pile as i see it, its the kenner vintage 1977-85 stuff that is worth having. these replica and he-man looking sw shit from the 90s is crap. but i must admit that some of the 2000 stuff is very detailed and cool looking but i dont feel need to waste money on it.
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:04 pm

lol, yeah but who will fund George Lucas' crappy escapades if it isn't the latest star wars wares?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby pure on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Well I wouldn't mind having some, its just that I don't want to pay for them :lol:
pure
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:06 pm

meh. some of the prequel stuff is cool. some is retarded. considering how bad the movies are, it's amazing that the toys are as good as they are. one thing I never understood - and this comes from a guy who grew up on transformers and star wars - what the hell is the point in star wars transformers? a Slave I that turnes into a robot? uh. ok. millennium falcon? mmkay. tie fighter? uh huh. I feel like Tom Hanks in BIG here cuz <sheepishly raises hand> "I don't get it."
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby d0c on Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:41 pm

star wars transformers... :lol:
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Amaru on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 am

i like darth maul.
Amaru