NZB Me

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

NZB Me

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 am

Ok. So I've started getting into NZBs, and I wanna know what clients you guys prefer. Right now I have SuperNZB simply because it's "free" (limited to 2 servers), and *claims* that it does all the steps automatically. I haven't been able to complete and reconstruct anything yet though. :lol:

I guess something with SSL would be best too? the server I'm on says it supports SSL. :outsider:

erm...didn't see an obvious place for this. sorry if smalltalk is wrong. :angel:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Re: NZB Me

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Been meaning to use a new guide, but SABnzbd you should be using... end of story.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:44 am

yeah. that app makes even less sense to me (I was able to load the nbz file, but nothing's downloading...but I see all the files in the queue :lol:); user manual/wiki is a joke; it just runs you through setup. two people have told me nbz's are easier than torrents (elguaxo and a rl friend). so far, I'm finding it a terrible struggle. anywho...I've dl the files (prior with supernbz), but I don't know fuckall what to do with them. they're all like %series%ep%partnumber%.mkv.000 or some shit, and I'm clueless. I can't tell if I still need to parse or they've already been parsed or what. so I'm definitely game for a good guide.
:argue:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:02 am

what? SABNzbd is beyond simple, its a webapp, you start it, you go to servers, you add your sever, you add the nzb and your done.
In unpacks, it pars, it does everything.

You quite literally, after entering the details of your server, load a .nzb and thats it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 pm

heh. right. my bad. server info was diff for ssl. :oops:

I selected +U. will see how it goes. this is the 3rd time I'll have dl these files. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:42 pm

like a charm! no idea wtf I was doing with the other client. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby elguaxo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 am

%series%ep%partnumber%.mkv.000

I guess you are downloading anime. The anime crowd is geekier and smarter than the rest. Every file is usually RARed and splitted before it's uploaded to the usenet binaries groups. The splitting makes sense, but why the fuck RARing? Anime uploads are only splitted but not RARed. Most of the News/NZB desktop clients I have seen are not smart enough to "just join" the %series%ep%partnumber%.mkv.000, .001, 002 animes, that's probably the problem you were having with the other client you tried. SABNzbd is the only client I've seen that knows when to UNrar and/or join.

edit: if you use Firefox and SABNzbd this is a nice Addon https://sourceforge.net/projects/nzbdstatus/
elguaxo
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

yeah. that's exactly what happened. :lol:

thanks for the link. I've finally been able to start watching gunslinger girl s2. :rock:

edit: is binaries search (where your GG links on FH came from) the best place to search NZBs? I'm mainly interested in tv series.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby elguaxo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:27 pm

elguaxo
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:34 pm

rank achieved...
ImageImage
ImageImage