Quiet on here...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Quiet on here...

Postby Uncle Bulgaria on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:23 am

Hello all, I've been gathering a library of sci-fi, horror and fantasy films for a couple of years now and have had found some gems on here along the way. For this I thank the many contributers and the site for hosting these forums.

I've noticed that there is not a lot of activity on the sci-fi side of things any more and wondered what it would take to get interest going again as I would hate to see the site fade into obscurity or even to be taken offline due to lack of interest.

It won't be enough for me to simply go through the films I have that are not already linked on here and to post up links (although it is a start) so what would get you posting and contributing here again?

any thoughts?

Iain
Uncle Bulgaria
Red Shirted Trekker

Re: Quiet on here...

Postby elanze on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Feel free to comment or critiquize on movies you watch, thats nice.

I would like to propose to put pools on new topics just for rate the movies we saw instead of a posible comment. Is it posible Spud?

:beerchug:
elanze
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah, its very quiet here I have to agree. I've noticed that across ed2k sites as a whole; I'm a lot less active myself and get all of my content from newsgroups now (its super fast and super easy).

Building the community is hard to maintain but its something that requires:
1) like minded people
2) lots of moderation and contribution
3) hooks and uniquness
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm

I know a guy that thinks

You can do this via modding, yup. Its essential code hacks and database hacks on top of ed2k
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Wed May 04, 2011 10:05 am

I think it is time to start a NZB site Spud... . ..
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to General