Girlfriend 2.0 - 4.0 Upgrade.

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Blade Runner on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:43 pm

I'm currently running the latest version of GirlFriend and I have been having some problems lately. I have been running the same version of DrinkingBuddies 1.0 forever as my primary application, and all the Girlfriend releases I have tried have always conflicted with it. I hear that Drinking Buddies runs fine as long as Girlfriend is ran in background mode and the sound is turned off.
Unfortunately, I can't find the switch to turn the sound off. Therefore, I have to run both of them separately. Girlfriend also seems to have a problem coexisting with my Golf program, often trying to abort Golf with some form of timing incompatibilities.

I probably should have stayed with Girlfriend 1.0, but I thought I might see better performance from GirlFriend 2.0. After months of conflicts and other problems, I consulted a friend who has had experience with Girlfriend 2.0. He said I probably didn't have enough cache to run Girlfriend 2.0 and eventually it would require a Token Ring to run properly. He was right, as soon as I purged my cache, and realized that no one in their right mind is installing new token rings, Girlfriend 2.0 uninstalled itself.

Shortly after that, I installed Girlfriend 3.0 beta. Unfortunately, there was a bug in the program and the first time I used it, it gave me a virus. I had to clean out my whole system and shut down for a while. I very cautiously upgraded to Girlfriend 4.0. This time I used SCSI probe first and also installed a virus protection program. It worked okay for a while until I discovered that GirlFriend 1.0 was still in my system. I tried running Girlfriend 1.0 again with Girlfriend 4.0 still installed, but Girlfriend 4.0 has a feature I didn't know about that automatically senses the presence of any other version of Girlfriend and communicates with it in some way. This results in the immediate removal of both versions.

The version I have now works pretty well, but there are still some problems. Like all versions of GirlFriend, it is written in some obscure language I can't understand, much less reprogram. Frankly, I think there is too much attention paid to the look and feel rather than the desired functionality.

Also, to get the best connections with your hardware, you usually have to use gold-plated contacts and I have never liked how GirlFriend is “object-oriented.�
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby wulf on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:54 pm

lol that's really funny
wulf
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:56 pm

:lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:14 am

Luckily I'm running Celabacy v2.0 in conjunction w/ GoodHygene v1.0 and Condoms 2004. So just in case of an emergency, I'm well protected. Not tried GirlFriend v1.0 in awhile as I didn't have the money to upgrade. :twisted: But if money wasn't an option, I'd upgrade my old GF v1.0 to Wife 2004.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby John_Doe on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:24 am

I tried the new Girlfriend 2 Deluxe version for a while, but found it just came in a pretty box with fancy layout, but was otherwise pretty useless as I realised the bundled MS Freesex wan't really free at all, the rather high price being included in Girlfriend 2 Deluxe in addition to the montley fees required for access. Also it wasn't compatible at all with my MS Interests.
I uninstalled that and tried out MS Loner instead which I'm extremeley happy with. Not only did it come bundled with MS Freedom & MS Uncomitted, but it also gave me time to play with the new MS Spare Time, which I'd completley forgotten about.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby gundam_unit1 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:16 am

Too funny!!!
gundam_unit1
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to General