The Last Game You've Played

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:46 am

it is quite a cool game, altho some maps are seriously shite, but some are fantastic, like the cloud city and endor, and hoth theyre good maps (ive only played the original trilogy part so far, shame u cant contro; ewoks, that would be fun lol

What maps are shite? To be honest, most of them are stunning, having played some shit ones throughout battlefield, they've really thought about it.

Endor, that ice planet (not hoth)... both levels are stunning level design, some aren't as good but I don't recall a shite one off the top of my head, which level are you referring to?

My only real complaint level wise is there aren't enough!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:34 am

DEF JAM 2:Fight for new york in da house !

This things a riot !

Although I smell short lasting appeal this thing so far made me laugh more than most comedy on TV...

/ME *ramming Spud's head into a jukebox *
/ME *throwing the lab monkey in front of the metro *
/ME *accepting an empty bottle from a spectator and smashes it on Max head....*

/Me then buying and dressing up like a gangsta by spending prizemoney on Jewelery,Attire and don't forget the damn exclusive Haircuts....

oh..yeah.....forgot.....

WORD :mrgreen:
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:41 pm

def jam is that rapping game, that's made by the only company in the world that seems capable of making a competant wrestling game right? That being AKI studios, who made all the WCW: World Tour, WCW vs NWO/Revenge, WWF: No Mercy, WWF: Wrestlemania, and WWF: No Way Out... then got fired in favour of those hacks that couldn't make a decent wrestling game to save their lives and did away with the awesome grapple system :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby John_Doe on Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:08 am

That reminds me: Were any of the UFC games any good?
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:53 pm

im referring too the shit desert level, the crappy forest level with the waterfall/fountain and the shitty really shitty one at mahashi station or whatever its called from star wars a new hope where they first leave tattooine, ive only played the original trilogy campaign so far
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:54 pm

You mean the dune sea with the tusken raiders? That level is awesome!
The forrest with the waterfall... the one on yarvin four, that level is brilliantly balanced too :o

I'm not fond of the mos esleys one myself (I take it you mean that one?) either, but I think the other two are great.

Level design is outstanding, but thats always been something lucasarts excel at, just look at Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:51 pm

yes mos eisley was the one i was refering to, and yes it was yavin 4 that map is just complete arsewanktoss, and the desert one is the first level of the original trilogy campaign

and for a star wars game its actually half decent but its still a bit shit, enjoyable tho but it couldve been more to be honest
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:01 pm

My favourite type of game is Tomb Raider so I've been enjoying playing Prince of Persia since sorting it out to use a joypad, I hate keyboards. What a great game it is to, definately my kinda game although, it Could have well done without the help from the premonitions, those types of games are better when you can work it out for yourself. Some games just give you too much help and spoil it.

I've also just found out that 'Splinter Cell' is 3rd person, so thats the next on the list, I was always told it was a 1st person game. Image
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:15 pm

lol shame splinter cel sucks balls, its ok to begin with but gets tedious quickly, even teh great voice acting of michael ironside as sam fisher (U.S/English speaking version only)

ive got a sudden urge to replay avp2

completed call fo duty united offensive too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:42 pm

avp2 was terrible max, don't touch it! Play the first one, its so much better ;)

Splinter Cell is seriously turd. Well boring. Rainbox Six: Rogue Spear is better as far as clancy games go :) Oh and one of the worst games ever made, in my opinion is tomb raider. It was raved about, I picked up a copy (pirate) for the psx, and it was the most boring, buggy, poorly designed and terribly controlled piece of excrement I played up until that point. It was the biggest logical error I encountered until Blair Witch got rave reviews.

It was like, have these people never played Mario64? (which I belive came out ages before it and started the whole 3d platformer/adventure revolution) That one I could play because the controls were cool. Soul Reaver was the best 3d action/adventure type game I can *remember* on the PSX :)

Prince of Persia (3d) was okay I suppose, except for the terribly bland and repetative gameplay. I completed it fine with a keyboard and mouse btw, it was an okay game ;) But it was just as fine pluggin the joypad in, although it dumbed it down a notch or two, but I think that was the point. Platformers still need pads, but playing anything else (excluding beat em ups and proper racing games of course) is just silly since its a major downgrade :)

HL2 is out on nov. 26th btw, thought this was the thread to mention it in. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:53 pm

AvP & AvP2 - I liked them both. Never got very far in AvP2 before I did an OS reinstall & didn't get around to putting it back on.

Splinter Cell - Don't know, never played it.

Tomb Raider - Horrible, horrible game. Bad gamplay & terrible control.

Mario64 - Very fun 3D game.

Soul Reaver - I liked this one on PSX & PC.

Prince of Persia - Want to rent for GCube & play on PC as well.

I totally agree on the control pad dumbing things down.

And in preparation for HL2, I'm going through HL1 right now. ;) Also 3 maps away from finishing SC, then on to BW.[/b]
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:39 pm

Mario64 - Very fun 3D game.

to be honest I just spent most of the time dropping that baby penguin off the cliff. Fun is the best way to describe it, since its nothing epicy... although I can remember first playing that and looking at the huge (aka. now absolutely tiny) levels and the 'wow factor' :lol:

And in preparation for HL2, I'm going through HL1 right now.

You know they are releasing the remake of HL at the same time as HL2 right? It's in the collection pack and the gold steam package. It's like counter strike: source, to prove how "ace" their new engine was (source) and how easy mods will be to create and port, they are porting the entire Half-life game to the source engine. The overhaul won't be quite CS, but it will benefit from smarter AI and physics. I'm going to replay it then. Will be something new but something old and distinct at the same time.

Agree with your comments on the games, except for AvP2 which I didn't like obviously :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:28 pm

Oh cool, I didn't know they were doing that w/ ALL PC HL variations, not just HL & CS? I knew CS was getting revamped, but didn't know anything else was. For the time it's taking them to release HL2, revamping the originals is the least they can offer.

That's cool that they're thinking of MODing up front. Hope it makes it easy for some of us not good @ level design.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:34 pm

AvP & AvP2 - I Also liked them both, altho neither are particularly scary (altho that could be because i first saw alien when i was 4) i quite enjoyed the marine and alien missions in avp2 but the predator missions were seriously gay

Tomb Raider - this game should die, theres a funny parody of this (and other games that go on too long) in a flash story called The History of videogames 1 and 2 heres there tomb raider scene

lad 1: ah tomb raider, this series got even more terrible after they added the stat building part......

*skip to ingame footage*
*Lara lifts a suitcase* lara: my arms feel stronger now..... *Lara moves her leg* Lara: My Legs feel stronger now... *Lara stands outside a plastic surgeons* Lara: My Breasts feel bigger now.....

Splinter Cell - I Want those hours of my life back

Mario64 - Never played never intend to, that little guy shouldve stayed 2d he rocked in 2d (judging by luigis arsemansion)

Prince of Persia - 2D Fantastic 3D FUCK RIGHT OFF

Soul Reaver - Interesting Premise but a bit gay really
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:01 pm

Oh cool, I didn't know they were doing that w/ ALL PC HL variations, not just HL & CS? I knew CS was getting revamped, but didn't know anything else was. For the time it's taking them to release HL2, revamping the originals is the least they can offer.

That's cool that they're thinking of MODing up front. Hope it makes it easy for some of us not good @ level design.

At E3, the game show, they showed I think about 30mins of game footage for the plebs. They gave hours of tutorials about modding. They invited all the major modding groups to several lectures at valve headquarters about a month or two back, they are giving out free copies of the 3d package HL2 uses natively (very expensive one it is too). Modding is supported with media so far than the game itself :lol:

BTW, Rome: Total War is really fun and extremely time consuming... recommended! Key an eye out for the new C&C style LOTR too ;) It looks amazing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:12 pm

Whoo -yeeeeehhh....

San Andreas Babeh!

bumpin' and humpin' in a funky paint job- low rider ....while having a stiff lying on the hood...... just like playing soccer with a basket ball....

This game has got hilarious mini games...

Man I'll be playing this sucka for months to come..... :mrgreen:
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:19 pm

it is a good game yes but i just dont feel as compelled by it from the offset as i did with vice city, although that could possibly be because i hate the nineties, i hate rap and hip hop, i hate god damn people who wear hoodies, but i do like being able to hijack trains and teh mini games are good and i like the ability to work out and get better and u can swim, jsut dont swim at night unless u want 5star police after u instantly lol, altho no matter what gripes i have with gta san andreas its a damn site better then the last game i played recently, i sat down at 2, loaded it up on me pc, and by 4 it was completed... no1 ever play knightrider 2 its absolute shite, ud think i wouldve learnt after the abysmalness of knightrider 1 but no i gave 2 a go thinking maybe its improved, at least i didnt buy it, i also played rome total war recently which is mucho enjoyable and i like it, and crisis zone which is quite fun when your with your mates and rather drunk trying to aim a gcon at the tv, alsoi when drunk teh new mortal kombat deception is fun with mates "go on hit the wanker. rip his fuckin arms off, give it here ill do better ya bloody daft get" etc :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:33 am

Pong.....

....... yeah, right! HL2 baby :matrix: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:11 pm

gta san andreas, medal of honor pacific assault (not paulscreams favourite medal of honor assault that ass :lol: ), and for some reason i seem to think ive played something else recently but i cant for the life of me think what it is/was so it cantve been that good
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:46 pm

Halo 2 8)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General