The Last Game You've Played

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:26 am

ISS Pro Evo 3 on PS2
Simpsons Hit & Run on PS2
Super Bust A Move on PS2 - keeps the fairer sex happy :)

Backgammon (on a board with a mate!!)

unfortunately i dont have too much time for games at the moment so most are just games U can pick up and blast. used to love playing games like C&C, Max Payne etc on PC and the FF, RE & GT type games on PSX/2
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:38 am

i played simpsons hit & run on pc, having the same 7 phrases shouted at u by the character every 3 seconds gets really annoying doesnt it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby mw2merc on Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:00 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:jedi knight 2 was ok tho when u were introduced to kyle and had to defeat those "fake jedi"

Yeah, well in academy, if you go to the dark side, he's alot tougher being a full Jedi Knight.

I think I need to hunt down a cheap PS1 so I can play my RE:DC, RE2, RE3, Macross Plus & VFX-2, Bloody Roar, BR2, and all the other PS1 games I still have. I always had a friend close by or roomie that had one till the end of 2002.

I think the RE games on GC are a deffinate rent as well as the Rebel Assult games. I'd like to play the Rachet & Clank games, but I'm not gonna go through the trouble of the PS2.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:45 pm

I think I need to hunt down a cheap PS1 so I can play my RE:DC,

If you feel the urge, you can pick the remake up for nothing, we are talking well under £10, and then borrow a cube. Its such a great tribute and better version of the first.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:56 pm

under £10 well why ever didnt ya say so you little scallywag, i might just have to get it now
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:06 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:If you feel the urge, you can pick the remake up for nothing, we are talking well under £10, and then borrow a cube. Its such a great tribute and better version of the first.

I've been thinking of renting or maybe picking up a used copy of the RE games for the GCube. No need to borrow a GC as my roomie got one from his bro for graduation. Thus why I'm playing GC games.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby kardul on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:43 pm

Playing now Space rangers, seems quite interesting - kinda turnbased space strategy game, reminds me a little the fallout series, but what bugs me, is that I havent discovered a main storyline
You must bring me a SHRUBBERY!
kardul
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dadsarmy on Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:57 am

Playing age of mythology at mo,but i'm usually playing battlefield1942 on line most nights. :D
dadsarmy
Smeghead!

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:21 am

I beat Baldur Gate: Dark Alliance (GC). Also beat Pikman (GC), but playing it again to try & finish in least amount of days. I'll probably start Zelda Ocarina of Time (GC) this week. I might continue w/ StarCraft (PC) this week. have only 3 missions left.

Anyone try The Ur-Quan Masters yet???
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:24 pm

im currently playing resident evil remake (GC) and burnout 2 (again) (ps2), and still play rise of nations & thrones + patriots (PC) and battlefield 1942 + desert combat (PC)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:58 pm

resident evil remake (GC)

No comment? good/bad new/samey cool/turd ?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:23 pm

Still at resident evil zero....

Just find myself in need to grow motivation just to finish it someday before outbreak & 4....

It is sooooooo dull and.......recycled is the word yes.....

Don't think i'll get it done soon for Onimusha 3 -demon siege popped thru the door :mrgreen:

J'ARRIVE !!!!!
(anyone who played it knows THAT catch frase LOL)

Also , Onimusha's intro sports some of the most stunning cgi this side of LOTR:ROTK.....request/catch it over at friend if you have the chance...
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:46 pm

Quote:
resident evil remake (GC)

No comment? good/bad new/samey cool/turd ?

the only description that can do it jsutsice is... "ive jsut cum" the crimson heads are a nice touch too altho the prototype crimson head in the chained coffin was a bit easy to kill

@ O.G.N.A.N.O - outbreak has been played by me and while ive not played the multiplayer the single player is quite funny and to me was a different take on the entire story, it was more just throw you into the outbreak and action action action to avoid becoming a zombie yourself, lots fo nice touches too it like the nail gun can either be used to shoot zombies (albeit its crap for it) or to use with the boards on the open staff room door to board it up to halt the zombies march, the graphics are an improvement over the other playstation incarnations of re aswell, the version i played was the japanese version but it didnt take long to get to grips with what button does what etc, all in all a good addition to the res-verse

i do still need to get and play re0 tho as it can be picked up for about a tenner its no hardship if it sucks, but a friend who played it said its ok but not as good as some that have come before it, altho the mansion he tells me (i told him some people say it doesnt even actually follow to re1) is infact a different part fo the spencer mansion/lab from re1 that you never explore in the original or remake, im gonna get ti and play it to find out if hes right or if hes talking a big bundle of arse
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:22 pm

anyone got a ed2k link to resident evil 0? By the sounds of it its not worth buying, and I've only had a quick bes on it. I've downloaded Nemisis and RE2, so I should be able to play them when my PSO disc comes. Of course they are on the back burner since I also have Legend of Zelda: 4 swords :mrgreen:

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:53 am

i bought resident evil 0 on 2 days ago on saturday 2nd hand for £14.99, and after having played it for a while i have to say it infact ranks upthere as my 4th favourite RE game after RE2 in 1st place. RE Remake & CV joint 2nd place, then RE0 in 4th place

imo the people who say RE0 is shit are themselves infact shit, now ive not yet completed RE0, just played enough to know its currently very enjoyable, when i complete it fully i will give a more indepth opinion. but spud, get hold of a copy, just not from hull as i bought the single copy of it that exists there, after goin round game, mvc, hmv, virgin megastore, and about 4 other comp shops i finally found 1 copy of it second hand in gamestation :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:41 am

watchu talking about, remake owns CV! :mrgreen:

RE > RE2 > CV > ... > RE3 (I haven't really played RE0 so won't say anything more)

But since I can play pirate games (but unfortunately not any Pirates! games :lol: ) on my gamecube, I'll see if i can hunt down an iso.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:06 pm

while i will agree that re remake has amazing graphics (the gc has the best re games graphically re remake & re0) but theres just something about code veronica, maybe its claire redfield and her hot sluttyness, maybe its the comical names of monsters (bandersnatch :lol: ) maybe its just coz i enjoyed it i dno, i am refering to the CV X version of it for ps2 in my list with all the extra bits.

incidently re remake is still an ace game yeah ill agree with that, ive only just met Lisa "Stocks" in the cabin for the first time and gone into the shark bit (i had taken my gc to a mates house) and it was that moment his mum decided to stand infront of the screen to choose a dvd resulting in me being eaten by a giant mutant shark which jumped out of the water right onto my head :matrix:

I Love the outdoors bits in RE Remake tho especially when u get to see the mist rolling over the ground, proper bo i tell thee
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:36 pm

Right , forgot to post I finally completed Ressie 0 last weekend...

The piece of crap was thus not only dull unimaginative generic empty and travesty of recycling.......it was also fairly short.....

William Birkin is a fraud ! There ! If you really want to know how and what you'll have to endure the game yourself.... :P

Paid 30 euro's for it , guess it wasn't the worst deal..

Still , I will forget this 'adventure' in no time ,contrary to the under praised Eternal Darkness...Now that game oozed this atmosphere of doom...Every level set in a different era & country/culture and thus character , most of them biting it and the end of their "role"(chapter) in the fight to avert a eh...eternal eclipse,end of life , Zool , etc ; graphically already dated but sonically a master piece...

I'm getting carried off..

Last words I'll say about RE0: It's already gathering dust.....and the day i'll brush it is the day I pass on/sell the cube......
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:55 pm

Last words I'll say about RE0: It's already gathering dust.....and the day i'll brush it is the day I pass on/

how can you dust it if youve passed on :lol: hehe well like i said i havent yet completed RE0 so far im on the moving train and have just killed the Giant Scorpion and opened the briefcase, what i want to know about that monster was your in a forest not a desert, and a few seconds earlier you were on the roof of the train, so not only do Scorpions not live in forests if there was a giant mutant one on top of the train you would think you might see it having just been there yourself aswell, still enjoying the game tho so far
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:04 am

My my someone rename this the ressie 0 thread.... :mrgreen:

yes it starts out decent enough.....

The thing is, most rooms you'll only visit once ...do what you have to do and then it's just another square on the map.....it's so.....empty....

And yes some bosses are simply out of place - just wait till you arrive at the building behind the main mansion.....their creativity ran out I guess

* spoilers*

and it ends in a 5 -6 floor facility of pipes ; steam pipes , water pipes , gas pipes, dull pipes , annoying-the-hell-out-of-me pipes ,bagpipes LOL

Small thumb up was a section of Resident evil 2 BUT NOT 1 as that friend of yours told you....

And no , you don't get to know or see how alpha team got slaughtered.....

Worst ressie so far. I'm sorry. (RE & remake> Re2>(slightly) RE:CV>(by miles) RE3 > RE 0 )

Looking forward to re4 though , but I am frowning over outbreak.....
Anyway back to onimusha 3 !

J'ARRIVE !
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

PreviousNext

Return to General