SFHAH Clan

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:53 pm

ah hehe, some good stuff in that list i will agree, i included vice city because i still play it to this day, and make my own crazy stunt videos using fraps, once i made, i included things like rise of nations and age of empires 2 because i also still play them to this day and usually at least once every day because i love them so much,

so when do u think u can take me on at rise of nations lol

i read about that star wars demi god thing aswell and yeah it sounds quite cool, although depending how well its implemented it could be fun or a major annoyance
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:54 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog? That guy had a more bobbly head than you :lol: I hated sonic to be honest, I had the first two but good never sit down and play it. It was fast, but it wasn't that skillful. Same reason I don't like crash, pandemonium and the like (i see you put crash down so I assume you don't like the same kind of platformers). More timing your jump right, but even then a bit dumbed down in the case of crash. I'm a classic nes/snes mario man myself :) I haven't played any 3d sonics beyond sonic CD which I admit, that was a nice game :)

I was never into FF either but I knew it would be on someones list.

edit:
so when do u think u can take me on at rise of nations lol

I don't think i've even got it to be honest.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:59 pm

Resident Evil 2 (so atmospheric)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
Frontier, Elite II (Amiga)
Syndicate (Amiga)
Syphon Filter 2 (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot II (PS1)
Final Fantasy 8 (PS1)

i never liked the ff games either, i liked sonic 1 but thats about it i was more a mario man myself too, resident evil 2 yes i totally agree, frontier elite 2, i remember that was pretty good, syndicate i remember i had a demo but never played the full game, syphon filter 2 was pretty good, i liked the physics of running but that bit where your lian xing in the park and ahve to taser the russian guy took me ages, i thought crash was ok but nothing gret imo, abes oddysee on the other hand was great i loved it, first game i ever bought for psx that was.

edit: time to download it then spud :twisted:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:00 am

I have never been a big gaming fan but Sonic was the first game i got for the Megadrive and spent many a sleepless night trying to conquer it, even when i could sleep all icould see in my head was sonic loosing all his rings. Crash is just so funny anyway, it was a pleasant change after some intense head wrecking sessions on Tomb Raider.

And i forgot to mention abes oddysee :wink:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:04 am

lol i was never keen on tomb raider myself, i remember i used to love Streets of Rage trilogy on megadrive, me and a mate of mine called david used to play 2player co-op all the time while drinking sodastream drinks lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:05 am

oh my I completely forgot (and have been reminded by another thread) one of the biggest PC games of its day, one that single handedly took on Quake II and won:

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

Critically acclaimed, and not just that, it ruled. Goes beneath goldeneye and pushes pirates! off the list.

I can't beleive they went with the Q3 engine with the somewhat lacking sequels, especially after they proved they could build a top class quality engine from scratch.

Possible LucasArts finest hour!

Infact that reminds me, lucasarts used to be the undoubted, best developer for the pc at one point. The original X-wing, Tie Fighter, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentical, Curse of Monkey Island, etc. All top class stuff and should be in my worthy mentions :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:08 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:lol i was never keen on tomb raider myself,

I enjoy the puzzles, the frustration and the sense of acheivement when you eventually worked something out after weeks of trying. I wish i could play them all again as though it was for the first time.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:10 am

monkey island should be in everyone around the worlds worthy mentions, even the ancient nubian tribes :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:20 am

Blade Runner wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:lol i was never keen on tomb raider myself,

I enjoy the puzzles, the frustration and the sense of acheivement when you eventually worked something out after weeks of trying. I wish i could play them all again as though it was for the first time.

You should play zelda. its like a good version of tomb raider. Take tomb raider and take out practically everything and make it brilliant in every conceivable way, and there you have it :lol:

Seriously, if its the 3rd person action/adventure + puzzles you liked, Zelda Ocarina on emulator/n64 you must play.

@max
monkey was good but I was a tentical guy. Same engine, but wackier and more geeky :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:28 am

i never had the chance to play tentacle altho i do have it somewhere
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby John_Doe on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:37 am

Hell, I played SimAnt as well. Nice addictive little game that. =)
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:39 pm

lol i remember sim ant, infact its just been put on suprnova to dl too along with the brilliant ufo - enemy unknown and xcom
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:33 pm

I really don't know why , but for some reason I feel like mentioning good old amiga hits like The Chaos Engine , that featured level design still standing head and shoulders above 97 % of the tosh that is released nowadays ...

And who didn't go lunar while playing that insane difficult nut mega blasting Project-x , as you were notified in actual SPEECH to : *.select now for * *guns* *power-up*.. dak-ka dak- dakakak- dak !!!

And I was playing 4 player link up on Lotus turbo challenge 2 years before any of you punk ass.......>SNIP<

I'm getting sentimental again.....

About lucas arts....yes I miss the voodoo lady too :twisted:
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:14 pm

hehe i remember chaos engine too, it was a cool game, me and sam used to play it double player, i was never that keen on project x though

and dont try the lotus turbo challenge 2 trick with me boyo, i was also playing it 4player when it was around, great game it was too, i can still remember one of the level codes

pea soup (foggy level)

anyone else remember chase hq? i remember playing it for ages until my hand almost fell off from pressing up to make the car go lol

another great game of course from yesteryear is cannon fodder, who can forget such great level names like "bugger me! its cold" or "sheep shaggers delight" i was never as keen on cannon fodder 2 tho, but i also have the 2 level game sensible software made exclusively for either "Amiga Power" or "The ONE Amiga" called Sensible Massacre, which was sensible soccer crossed with cannon fodder

i love amigas they were great, better sound emulation by miles then what the pc's of the same era had
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby barry on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:40 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
9. Vietcong + Fist Alpha

That's the only thing I bother to play online. Got any favourite servers so I can have the pleasure of cutting you down?
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:57 pm

fraid not, one of the games i havent tried online yet, im referring to the single player mode, do u need a proper cd to play online? or doesnt it matter? i know some u do some u dont
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby barry on Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:00 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:fraid not, one of the games i havent tried online yet, im referring to the single player mode, do u need a proper cd to play online? or doesnt it matter? i know some u do some u dont

You need a CD to start the game in general, but there's no on-line check like keys or otherwise. The no-cd cracks on the go do work, but be careful that they match your version. The current patch is 1.60 if you've Fist Alpha installed.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:06 pm

yeah dont worry ive got no cd cracks for them both, thats why i was wondering about the online thing :)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby barry on Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:31 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:yeah dont worry ive got no cd cracks for them both, thats why i was wondering about the online thing :)

Then you've no excuse to not play then... Pick a server some time and PM or e-mail me sometime for a bit of a slaughter. Might be worth seeing if we can get a few others from here on as well for a kind of deeply fucked up group outing.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:37 pm

Might be worth seeing if we can get a few others from here on as well for a kind of deeply fucked up group outing

yeah im tryin to set up a clan for us lot on various games i guess you would be the C.O of vietcong hehe
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General