SFHAH Clan

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby barry on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:01 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
yeah im tryin to set up a clan for us lot on various games i guess you would be the C.O of vietcong hehe

I happily would if no-one else wants it. Better see what interest there is first.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:17 pm

from what i can gather most people around here play fps or rts games, so i guess a clan for those would be the most productive
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby barry on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:28 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:from what i can gather most people around here play fps or rts games, so i guess a clan for those would be the most productive

Any clan wouldn't have to be limited to just one game, we could easily diversify.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:36 pm

ok so what games would everyone like to see in the clan, for me

Rise of Nations
Age of Empires 2
Battlefield 1942/Vietnam

possibly a few others too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:54 am

I don't know about you guys, but this is the weirdest herd I've ever seen. :P
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:55 am

lol what makes u say that dinky, evne tho we are :twisted:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:14 pm

I think that will be the British sense of fun and camaraderie :mrgreen:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:28 pm

of course old chum, why didnt i think of it before.. quick bladerunner... TO THE BATCAVE *DODODODOOOO*
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:14 pm

Blade Runner wrote:I think that will be the British sense of fun and camaraderie :mrgreen:

British? bollox! :matrix: :matrix: :matrix:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby barry on Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:00 pm

dinky wrote:British? bollox! :matrix: :matrix: :matrix:

I'll second that.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby mw2merc on Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:32 pm

dinky wrote:I don't know about you guys, but this is the weirdest herd I've ever seen. :P

Ya think???

I never liked the TR series either. Guess I was just never depraved enough.

I agree that Lucas Arts was the top of the game way back when. I played all the SW games & loved the Monkey Island games to death too.

The Zelda series has been great IMHO. Only one I don't care for is WindWaker. I'll probably play it, but I DEPISE the 'Cel Shaded' release. The early 3D pics made me want to buy the game & a GC on release. But then when they decided to do the Cel crap, I refused to buy or even rent it. The next Zelda game w/ Link as an adult looks awesome with a great 3D look.

I never played SimAnt, but I played ALL the SimCity games.

X-Com 1/UFO and X-Com 2 are among my ALL time favorites along with the Star Control games. I bought them all. Friggin' killer.

Oh, for those that liked SC2, Toys for Bob released the rights to the fans, some formed a small dev group to make a compatable current version know as The Ur-Quan Masters. Check it out, it's awesome. I played some of the music to my buddy that also loves soundtracks & he asked what movie/TV series it was from. He was floored to find out it was from a game. Also get the Content, Voice, & 3D0 Music packs. If you like the music, get the 3 additional music packs.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:25 am

:roll: you despise something you haven't played on?

btw. having actually played it (and actually own it), its control system is superior to that of ocarina and the graphics are probably some of the best seen this generation (certainly the most stylistic!). Judging a game from a screenshot is a bad idea, judging this game by a screenshit is even worse, but saying you despise the game and haven't even played it... well... no comment.

That would be like someone saying final fantasy 15 is crap because I don't know what it will look like :lol:

Do yourself a favour though, at least download a movie of it. A screenshot doesn't show why it won the "best graphics", "best game", etc. awards it did when it was released... and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

Hows about saying you don't like cel shading, but reserving judgement of the game until you actually play it? :mrgreen:

ps. the worst *official* zelda game is the second, Adventures of Link. :( Its still good though :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:12 am

but spud... ff15 will be shit as it has to follow in its forefathers ff footsteps and as we all know final fantasy games provide about as much fun as i imagine being gang raped by aids positive butch steelworkers without condoms on would
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:03 pm

that's fine by me, but its nothing to do with graphics though :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:57 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:you despise something you haven't played on?

ReRead my post. I SAID IMHO "I don't care for WindWaker" & "I DEPISE the 'Cel Shaded' release". I DIDN'T say the game was bad or played like crap. I took 3D classes & with all the different ways to render 3D, Cel is deffinately crap to me. Just looks so lame for all the great work that went into the 3D modeling.

spudthedestroyer wrote:Judging a game from a screenshot is a bad idea, judging this game by a screenshit is even worse, but saying you despise the game and haven't even played it... well... no comment.

ReRead what I said, again. And I have played it, that's why I said what I said.

spudthedestroyer wrote:That would be like someone saying final fantasy 15 is crap because I don't know what it will look like :lol:

That's nothing like what I said.

spudthedestroyer wrote:Do yourself a favour though, at least download a movie of it. A screenshot doesn't show why it won the "best graphics", "best game", etc. awards it did when it was released... and I wouldn't want you to miss out.

Why do that when I can just play it? It's right here less than a foot away from the GC. Like I said, again, I'll probably play it after I finish tAoL:tOoT Master Quest. Besides, it didn't deserve best graphics IMHO, 'Cel Shading' is crap.

spudthedestroyer wrote:Hows about saying you don't like cel shading, but reserving judgement of the game until you actually play it? :mrgreen:

I did say that and once again, I have played it.

spudthedestroyer wrote:ps. the worst *official* zelda game is the second, Adventures of Link. :( Its still good though :)

Yes, tAoL is the worst of them, but it's still a great game, agreed.

PS - Before you go off on someone, don't do it when someone's stating their opinion. Opinion's are NEVER WRONG. Plus, why would I talk about a game I've never played? That just wouldn't make any common sense.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:41 pm

Well you reread it first, you say you don't care for it. Then you say you despise its cel shading and finally you imply you never played it, "I probably will play it"... if you already played it then you shouldn't have said that because the whole thing has a totally different meaning. How am I supposed to know that two of those aren't incorrect unless you say so? This is the internet, all we can go on is words and if they aren't correct, I have no way of knowing without responding. (which i'm garanteed to do because well.. thats what i do)

and wats all this about opinions? i was merely saying judge a game by graphical style (aka don't judge a book by its cover), one that you said you hadn't played on, and as I found it probably the one of the most enjoyable games this generation I don't want people to miss out on it because you might have judged based on a screenshot, there's enough people who have done that already. I don't know whether I should cry or laugh at them for missing out on it. It turns out you had played it, but how was I supposed to know from your post (read it)? :wink:

:)

edit:
Christ, I totally forgot Rampage off my list... that game ruled! Not any of that remake crap, the original was by far the best. Not every games lets you beat up and eat the other player :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:38 pm

time for some retro pimping i think

http://www.bhlegend.com < - - great retro game site for old pc, c64, spectrum, and master system games, they got manic miner and alien breed :D :D
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:19 am

OK, let me add this statement then:

I 'TRIED' it at Game Crazy.

I don't consider that playing the whole game, which is what I meant by 'I'll probably play it'. That'd be like saying you've seen a movie cause you saw a preview.

Anyways, did anyone try tU-QM???

PS - I don't judge games I've never tried. Yes I've played several of the TR games. Never again.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:27 pm

I judge games I've never tried constantly. in fact, you might say that's why</i> I've never tried them. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:03 pm

lol you anti-gamite, you.... :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General