wierd ufo clip i got off mate

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

wierd ufo clip i got off mate

Postby dadsarmy on Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:18 pm

It shows twin towers and people in helicopter filming a ufo that is hovering by towers then it shoots towards helicopter and darts straight up into sky ,it has a sci-fi channel logo on clip is this a sad publicity clip for the channel or a proper ufo sighting!!!!! :?
dadsarmy
Smeghead!

Postby barry on Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:01 pm

It's a publicity stunt. Sci-Fi tend to do slightly outrageous things to get attention. Recently they claimed to have unearthed some dark secret about M. Night Shyamalan (Sixth Sense/Unbreakable etc.) to promote a biography they were doing. It was all lies and they just pissed off Shyamalan instead.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:38 pm

I was sure I read the documentry about Shylock was written/directed or at least produced by him. It was all a tie in for his latest film and scifi was in cahoots.

They are a bit more small time here in the uk are scifi. Shame really, they've made some nice little short documentries that are actually very inciteful. Their scheduling is nice, but is a bit top heavy on crap in prime time slots... they've strayed away from horror too :( Just like Bravo :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby bobbystills on Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:44 pm

barry wrote:It's a publicity stunt. Sci-Fi tend to do slightly outrageous things to get attention. Recently they claimed to have unearthed some dark secret about M. Night Shyamalan (Sixth Sense/Unbreakable etc.) to promote a biography they were doing. It was all lies and they just pissed off Shyamalan instead.

hmm ive been waiting 4 that
but i was hoping to find a smaller version
any1 got a link?
The Buried Secret Of M Night Shyamalan (Sci-Fi Channel Documentary).mpg
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby barry on Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:06 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I was sure I read the documentry about Shylock was written/directed or at least produced by him. It was all a tie in for his latest film and scifi was in cahoots.

The news article I read suggested they managed to piss him off with the method of advertising and personal questions. Then again that could have been just more spin.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to General