ST:Enterprise

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

ST:Enterprise

Postby TaKYoNtheKoRRuPTeD on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:24 pm

Answer the question, and any other comments.
Image British and proud of it.
TaKYoNtheKoRRuPTeD
Skutter

Postby MCMLXXXVIII on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:38 pm

I've only seen the first episode, and that was fairly generic, so I didn't watch again.
MCMLXXXVIII
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby d0c on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:49 pm

i love the start trek design its pretty cool... but could do with some improvement here and there but i love the old series, they are the best...
Last edited by d0c on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:04 pm

MCMLXXXVIII wrote:I've only seen the first episode, and that was fairly generic, so I didn't watch again.

yup i only watched the first one aswell and was none too impressed so stayed clear.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby TaKYoNtheKoRRuPTeD on Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:07 pm

My personal opinion is that it is OK, but it is only the ST name that has kept me with it this long.
TaKYoNtheKoRRuPTeD
Skutter

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:12 pm

i'm not a star trek guy, but DS9 was the only one I could bare in large doses, next gen had its day too... everything else I don't have the stomach for. Voyager gave me a headache and stomach pains (well headache... seriously), TOS I was never into and enterprise looks like nothing beyond serious filler.

I prefer stuff like Farscape:)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:52 pm

Who along with me voted to kill it :twisted: ?

BABYLON 5 all the way baby !

Insulting to see certain series already completely posted and not 1 episode of B5....

Anyway.....I had to run to the toilet the first time I heard the theme of this new enterprise series....

The series had such potential on the drawing board.... but no....they just had to make the characters identifiable with normal :-o people...

I mean , that's what made B5 so strong .....first came the story arc THEN the odd relaxing "off-topic" episode....

With ST it's always been the opposite......always standalone episodes,week after week....one week the universe nearly blew up, the next they're on risa....BAH! :evil:

Tonights episode: Neelinx contracting a rare arse fungus after taking a dump on the wrong alien toilet at the last commerce-space-station...

oh yeah.....Enterprise has boring characters.....no spock,no data,no worf,odo & quark.......screw riker,chakotay,crusher,nerys....and trip hoshi phlox tucker.......

Icould rant all night ..... look it just sucks ok ?
why not let me write and produce it.....Damn well dare and say I could do better....
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 pm

lol

/me raises his hand

I'd have killed voyager too though.

oh yeah.....Enterprise has boring characters.....no spock,no data,no worf,odo & quark.......screw riker,chakotay,crusher,nerys....and trip hoshi phlox tucker.......

and an ooger-booger to you too! :lol: On the list of cool people you missed out The doc and Picard, and on the list of crapslinger you forgot Janeway and neelix :matrix:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:43 pm

:matrix: Enterprise

They just really screwed over the whole ST genre with this series. Created aliens/places NEVER met before, met aliens/places not encountered till a later series, & used a STtNG ship as basis for design of an OLD ship.

What dumb @$$&$!
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby TaKYoNtheKoRRuPTeD on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:22 pm

What really fooked me off was the moment they met the borg. I love the borg, but that was just stoopid.
TaKYoNtheKoRRuPTeD
Skutter

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:29 pm

I caught part of that episode. Sad that they have to rely on already pre-established aliens like that, I kinda felt the same about voyager. As if it wasn't well enough written to have their own uber enemies. Of course it doesn't matter as much with voyager.

All credit to TOS for clipons, TNG for bórg from Sweden, and DS9 for the putty men on that front :beerchug:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:44 am

BABYLON 5 all the way baby

Damn right

@Spud well if you like Farscape, I worked on that show for season 3 doing special effects work.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:23 am

Farscape is my favourite tv series. Hadn't seen it till last year, and was extremely impressed by it.

Great writing, effects and makeup. Wins on every front :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:17 pm

The show was never ment to go past one season. It was designed for Animal Logic (a effect house in au) to build a real for pitching special effect work for movies. The make up was done by the jim hendson workshop that had just set up shop out here as well.. so the whole show was a "demo" reel for these big companies and the ywere very suprised it was so popular. Had a lot of problems getting the actors back and stuff as they were hired with no extentions to the contracts and they asked a lot to come back once they knew the popularity.

On a happy note for you tere is a return mini series in producton at animal right now.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:13 pm

I never liked the begining of the first series [i]too[i] much, was the weirdness that kept me going, wasn't until the end of that series, just when scorpious entered and the writing improved tenfold, then it really picked up and been going full steam ever since (bar the odd hiccup, now and then). I prefer the writing over the likes of Star Trek... moralistic sci-fi like that gets on my wick and gives me a headache.

Can't wait for the miniseries, but got to wait till the end of the year to see it :matrix:

I have fond memories of Farscape, it was either revise or watch Farscape, so I ended up doing absolutely zero revision :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:47 pm

Gotta agree on Babylon 5 being my favorite.

1) Earth is NOT perfect. Mars is collonized. :lol:

2) Just like real life, most fighting is done in fighters, not capitol ships. (save those for the really big battles!!!) :mrgreen:

3) Gravity on all ships? Nope, just on EA ones w/ rotating parts & aliens w/ artificial gravity. :wacky:

4) Most aliens speak their own language, not english. In B5 it IS understood that when 2 aliens are speaking to each other, they're speaking in their native tounge even though we may hear english, except where different races are talking to each other, then it's common/english. :twisted:

5) Characters overall ARE better. 8)

I do like FarScape as well, but B5 tops the chart easy.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:11 pm

Well I'll have to watch the DVDs I've been getting then, but from the episodes I saw it goes to Farscape by 20,000 Leagues :)

ps. isn't 20,000 Leagues under the sea in space? :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby outofspace2000 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:50 pm

C'mon Star Trek aint perfect but its ok at least they have good sets unlike the cardboard B5 ones.
I aint dissing B5 season 4 is truly awesome nothing has ever come close to an action packed season like that!

Enterprise is OK, what I've found with Trek in general is that it takes a few seasons to get going. Look at season 1 of DS9 absolute Wank.
outofspace2000
Skutter

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:07 pm

Was it series 1 where Dax kissed that lass or series 2?

I was paying attention then anyway :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:09 pm

Startrek rules... I know it has its problems but I have to say I just luv it. Even Enterprise.. kinda ; )
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal