Sci-Fi orders new BSG scripts for 2nd season!

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:52 am

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moorglade/ragnar.html

How does that sit with the bods at Sci-fi? Positive re-enforcement or what....
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:45 am

what did you think of the first season? haven't watched it yet, myself. how does it rate compared to other stuff in the past 10-20 years? never saw the original series but the remake looks a lot like space above and beyond.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:08 am

I'm a Babylon 5, Farscape and Firefly nut, and this series does justice to Sci-fi in general. There has been a void for good stuff in the past few(loads) years. This series has in a very short time driven home a sense of "Shit we might die" gritty realism (fashionable words..) about it all.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:30 am

I'm suprised no one on this board has said anything about this series whatsoever :o
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:29 pm

it was a bit before my time. I barely caught Empire in theaters (don't think I ever saw the original in a theater). Oddly enough, I seem to remember Logan's Run on TV a lot, and that looked awfully 70s.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby antistructure on Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:03 am

Blade Runner wrote:I'm suprised no one on this board has said anything about this series whatsoever :o

frankly i think the series is amazing, I agree about there being a major lack of decent sci-fi, after Firefly (which is easily one of my favorites) there wasnt much in the ways of decent sci-fi on tv.

One of the things I love about BSG (atleast the first few episodes) was the sense that all of humanity was resting on their shoulders, because they were all that was left, where the <a href=http://www.patrickdavie.com/xenu/33/bscap169.jpg target=edfhgdfdgdfg>president has the tally of the remaining humans on a blackboard</a>, amazing.

ps. your name is one of my favorite movies, have you seen 'On the Edge of Blade Runner, seems imposible to find!
antistructure
Skutter

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:02 am

I've not had time to start this series, hence the lack of comment by me. The original I never really caught either :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal