Stump The Spud

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Stump The Spud

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm

Right, everybody here knows spud seems to have a vast, nay, infinite knowledge of science fiction giving him the ability to correctly guess every movie ever from 1 scene (see the guess this movie thread), well here i propse a real test of his scifi knowledge......

Science Fiction Television

ok heres the rules, pictures from any scifi series are allowed but the pics have to be tricky and get slightly easier after each guess he has

he has to name the show and episode title (if available), if there is no title available the season and episode number is required

also if he is able to (for extra brownie points) he can attempt a brief overview of the episode

i do actually expect him to get at least 8/10 correct

here is the first one and its a toughie

maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:47 pm

hmmm that's a doosey, although is that ocean grey or military grey?

I think it could be Red Dwarf, possibly even statis leak where they take the lift. Not quite sure though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:51 pm

actually no, now that I think of it that door was Red. So now maybe its Babylon5, since its got a cheap feel to it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:02 pm

ooooh it begins with b but it isnt babylon 5
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:16 am

I kinda thought barry was the be all end all of sci-fi movies. plus that roman numerals guy.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:44 am

mcmxvii erm l.... maybe some more i's, another m? i dno lol doesnt it all mean 1987? anyway whatever happened to those 2? ive not seen them around on here for ages

anyway next pic to test Image
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby cacotl on Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:57 pm

its easy to guess the series because we can see the face of the guy behind the blondie boy. but episode number? lol
He is dead, Jim
cacotl
the Angry Klingon

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:28 pm

lol firstly the blondie boy is actually a blondie girl, and i thought maybe to the untrained eye the coverage fo face might be tricky
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MCMLXXXVIII on Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:32 am

It's one of either 2 shows from the late 70s. I'd err towards the one that was a revival rather than the one that has been revived.

But I'll leave any answering to Spud.

(P.S. Max, it's 1988).
MCMLXXXVIII
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:43 pm

ah hehe only out by a year

im guessing the 2 series your thinking off are the same i think your thinking of, where the second season of 1 was basically a clone of the other series?

but now... another clue for spud

this clue should probably clinch it for 1988 and possibly the series and season too for spud
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:06 am

MCMLXXXVIII wrote:I

(P.S. Max, it's 1988).

:lol:

hola '88.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:01 pm

I've never watched buck rogers because I thought it sucked donkey balls, no offense.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:47 pm

lol no offence taken, each to theyre own
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:31 pm

I'm treading lightly, seems I may have caused offense for saying something that didn't work well sucked so I now apologise in advance for revealing the world is round *

There's only a few big Bs in the cheesy days anyway, Buck Rogers, Blake's 7, Battlestar Galactica, and I knew it wasn't B7 :lol:

BTW, dinks right, MCM and barry are way better at identifying classic scifi. I just tend to remember every scene in a movies I've already seen.

* incidently, ironically the idea that we ever thought the world was round is wrong. It was an dramatic scene of fiction about columbus trying to persuade a backwards spanish monarchy about the world not being flat, by the guy who wrote Sleepy Hollow and seems to have got swept up as non-fiction as a modern misconception. It was a known fact the world was round pre-dark ages. I was told otherwise by a teacher no less when learning about columbus, shows how much she knew!</aside>
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:02 am

lol what caused offence?

ill be the first to admit buck rogers is cheesier then a camenbert showroom, but as gathered from my enjoyment in the movie "storm" i LOVE cheese lol (though not in the biblical sense) lol amusingly though i cant stand blakes 7, saying that though i was never a huge battlestar gallactica fan either, only watched it if it was on :lol: , i downloaded the first 10 episodes off sharereactor when it was still about tehn watched one and thought "sod this i cant be bothered wasting bandwidth on this" hehe

[alienation of half the board members]

remember spud the english education system has more holes then windows xp but at least its still ahead of the american education system

english teacher: the world was discovered round by columbus
american teacher: listen up kids.... we are the world, nothing else rests outside these shores except nasty dragons that must be destroyed :lol:

i heard something very very funny yesterday about something the mayor of london (ken livingstone) said about George "Yeehaw lets go-a-shootin" bush jr during bushs visit to england, it went "this man is the single greatest threat to life on this planet, made me laugh so much because its true

[/alienation of half the board members]
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby barry on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:16 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
* incidently, ironically the idea that we ever thought the world was round is wrong. It was an dramatic scene of fiction about columbus trying to persuade a backwards spanish monarchy about the world not being flat, by the guy who wrote Sleepy Hollow and seems to have got swept up as non-fiction as a modern misconception. It was a known fact the world was round pre-dark ages. I was told otherwise by a teacher no less when learning about columbus, shows how much she knew!</aside>

Eratosthenes discovered that fact in the third century BC by putting two sticks in the ground. See, my astrophysics degree wasn't wasted.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:25 am

ah look, see the sticks say its round... :lol: Lazy people don't even need sticks, you just climb up something and you can see that the distance you can see increases, meaning there's a curvature to the earth.

Doesn't suprise me that its become taught as fact that people thought it was flat before columbus, hell some people believe that Da Vinci code :lol: Even baldrick knows that's bollocks :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:52 am

what da vinci code? never heard of it, does that mean i was raised right? lol, id look it up but i cant imagine its anything too exciting, if it was they wouldnt be making a movie with the same name
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby barry on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:37 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:what da vinci code? never heard of it, does that mean i was raised right? lol, id look it up but i cant imagine its anything too exciting, if it was they wouldnt be making a movie with the same name

It's a bestselling book by Dan Brown that's been all over the media for the last year or so. And a lot of morons think it's real. And if you weren't exposed to it then you probably were raised right. Or at least better than average.
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:18 am

ah right, all i heard of it was the other day when i was reading fhm and they mentioned it, thats about it, it didnt strike me as anything i would care about tho
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal