Anyone know this 70's sci-fi show ?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Anyone know this 70's sci-fi show ?

Postby john69 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:08 pm

I remember watching this show as a kid in the seventies and always thought it was called Logans run. When I checked it out on the internet I found its not what i remembered, and must of been something else.

It was about a kid on the run in this car, (which looked similar to the one in the"back to the future" movies), and he would encounter on his journeys various civilisations. I also think i remember that he was joined by Roddy McDowell at some point. (yet its not listed in McDowells filmography?) For the life of me I can't work out what this show was called and was wondering whether there's anyone out there who could help me out with this ?

Thanks.
john69
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:32 pm

Roddy McDowell as a regular? There's only one scifi show i can find in the 70s he was a regular in:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075503/
http://epguides.com/FantasticJourney/
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Sh ... c_Journey/
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity ... ourney.htm

Nothing about cars though and I haven't seen it. In fact Fantastic Journey sounds extremely similar to Sliders, I guess Sliders was a more popular remake.

Its most definitely not Logan's Run by the sounds of it, you not seen logan's run?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Bassline on Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:52 pm

i'm releasing fantastic journey atm so check out the pilot episode in the sci-fi series thread :wink: but as spud said it doesn't have a car in it (that i can remember) :wacky:

[edit]

thinking about it Logan's Run tv show did have some funky ass sandman cars so maybe it was that?

check em out here
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:40 pm

lol, yeah they were pretty erm unusual cars.

ed2k: Logan's.Run.1976.DVDrip.Divx-MBCD2000.avi  [700.24 Mb] [Stats]
File name: Logan's.Run.1976.DVDrip.Divx-MBCD2000.avi
File type: Video
Size: 700.244 MB
Downloaded: 648.400 MB
Transferred: 6.473 MB (6.473 MB)
Requested: 101 (4713)
Accepted Requests: 0 (153)
Total sources: 106
Available sources : 34
No Needed Part sources: 7
Complete sources: 58 (38)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby john69 on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:24 am

THAT'S IT ! It's the fantastic journey, I straight away remembered it when I saw the picture of the cast. Yeah i actually do remember a big silver what i thought was a car in the film, i guess it must of been a time portal instead. (it sure looked like a car, it had wheels, doors and all !)

It seems the Roddy McDowell thing clinched it :) i don't know why i remembered him, but he did leave an impression.....i guess he did his job well !

No I don't remember watching Logans run, although I do remember the title for some reason.

Thanks guys for your help, this thing has been niggling away at me on and off for a few years, I've just never got around to chasing it up.
john69
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Bassline on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:11 am

viewtopic.php?t=1349

you can download it here :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:04 pm

@bassline, so what's the deal, was sliders a remake of it then?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Bassline on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:12 pm

how should i know i'm just the releaser what makes you think i've watched it yet :lol: but seriously i did watch it when it was originally aired but can't remember too much as it was obviously fekkin years ago but i have read in places that ppl do say sliders was a copy of sorts but don't most time travel shows/movies have similarities to each other :wacky:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:33 pm

if its likes liders then its good enough for me
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal