NEED HELP about a sci-fi series

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

NEED HELP about a sci-fi series

Postby TDot on Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:03 pm

I cant remember the name of it..... It was on TMN awhile back it was about these 3 "sci-fi cops" i guess thats what ud call them. They investegated all the strange things going on. There was 2 guys and a girl, I cant remember when the show started but I only remember it being on tmn. Its possible it only lasted one or two seasons.

Someone please help me out with the name of this series, its buggin the crap out of me.
TDot
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:10 pm

any more details you can give? Members of cast? Specific setting, time/location? Was it a new show? Comedy or serious?

There's a lot of shows with that formula, but most have a special hook of some kind, if you can come up with more details then that will probably very quickly reveal what show it is.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby TDot on Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:10 am

My brain is kinda cloudy but heres a couple more things about the show

- there was a man with a pig nose who helped the 3 with their investigations

- there was an episode with a headless killer on a motorcycle

- and it is possible it was only on TMN (The Movie Network), I've searched high and low to find out what show it is, but have had little luck...There hasnt been a whole lot of sci-fi series on TMN so id probably recognize the name if I saw it.

If i had to guess the show started airng in either 2002 or 2003
TDot
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:17 pm

- there was a man with a pig nose who helped the 3 with their investigations

Was he a gnome?
I was going to post this yesterday but it was too vague but then if he's a midget its probably Special Unit 2:
http://epguides.com/SpecialUnit2/
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Sh ... al_Unit_2/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268094/

That was on Sci-fi uk here, basically a lady joins the special unit of the chicargo police department, and there's just all kind of monsters and shit they have to kill every episode.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby cacotl on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:31 pm

Hey, i remember that serie!
They are no cops, they work on a newspaper that is specialized on "paranormal" news.
The girl worked after on Coupling (US version - what a crap)
The serie' name is the name of the newspaper - Its was a kind of mid-season serie. Its from USA. Maybe 12 episodes were produced.
but the name... i cant remember :P
He is dead, Jim
cacotl
the Angry Klingon

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:49 pm

In that case, if that's true, its "The Chronicle"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242733/

Plot Summary for
"The Chronicle" (2001)

Tucker Burns is a qualifier reporter who can't get a job. He applies for a job at the World Chronicle, where they are delighted to have an over-qualified (by their standards!) reporter on staff. It turns out that all the stories the Chronicle reports are true, but written as tabloid articles so that the public can slowly get acclimated to such things. Aided by photographer Wes and alien abductee/reporter Grace, and backed by his mysterious boss Daniel Stern, Tucker investigates, ghosts, aliens, and other supernatural phenomena.

and therefore the person from Coupling is:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0812133/

I stumbled across the show by accident, looking at another suspect to what fits the first description you gave in the first post, that being Freaky Links. Seems they shared a cast member between the two shows. That was a lucky coincidence!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby TDot on Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:33 pm

Ah yes........That is what it's called...

Do you think it will be released on dvd?? theres not really any channels playing it (well in Canada anyway) and I really want to watch the whole series. I never knew there was 22 episodes.
TDot
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:14 pm

doubful, but its on scifiuk:

Unfortunately those were the last two episode so it probably won't be reshown for a while
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal