A real brainteaser!

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

A real brainteaser!

Postby speedy on Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:58 pm

Im looking for the name of this series in the 80s.
it was made with animatronic puppets. it was a futuristic story in space!
it wasnt thunderbirds. the storys where gloomy and people died in them.
something about a crew in space in the future. the show came on super channel or sky tv in the 80s. if anybody knows the name of this series, please reply! i was a kid then and its been buggering me for over ten years! Thanks to anyone who knows! :P
Im a jerk!
speedy
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:37 pm

But it was puppets though? Was it Terrahawks?
In the year 2020 Earth is under threat from Martian androids who want revenge on the human race. They consist of Zelda, her son Youngstar and her sister called Sister. An organisation is set up on Earth called Terrahawks, which is top secret to the rest of the world. This is led by Dr Tiger Ninestein with other characters such as Sergeant Major Zero.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085099/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terraha ... te_series/

Same guy who did thunderbirds.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby speedy on Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:31 pm

i just watched a terrahawks homepage, i dont think it was this series. i remember the captain of the ship hard a beard and was killed by a robot hiding in a wrecked spaceship.
Bah! i hope someone knows what show it was that im talking about.
Thanks in advance.
Im a jerk!
speedy
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:49 am

HOLY SHIT!!! SPUD YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

It might not be wat he was thinking of but I have been woundering wat that show was for years....

I was starting to think I dreamed these guys up... no one could ever help me as all I had to go on was

"You ever see a thunderbird like show with little round robots in it.. kinda like the dudes in that Blackhole movie" and with a description like that I never got anywhere!!! TA!!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:58 am

Just got a dvd release about 6months ago. it keeps coming out when i search for "Zelda" on ebay :matrix:

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:43 pm

you trying to get the zelda cartoon on dvd?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:08 pm

i dont know this show but it intrigues me so i sent it in an email to stump the shark over at jump the shark, so we might get lucky with it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:54 pm

dinky wrote:you trying to get the zelda cartoon on dvd?

lol, no that sucks ass and last i heard all the saturday morning cartoons were getting a release towards the end of the year (super mario bros, Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.). They suck ass though, won't be buying/downloading any of them... not that big on kids tv /cartoons really.

I just check to see if they've got anything cool in, i had a keyring once that got stolen that i'd like again, and there's some quirky japanese things sometimes. Same goes for resident evil and alien. I always check in to see what there is.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:55 pm

yeah i always check on resident evil stuff, japs and yankees get so much better cooler game merchandise then we do, its not fair :(
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal