Vala!!!! (ep 9x06 spoler in post)

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Jynks on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:29 am

"I don't care if they do have see though heads, they have rights to!!!" - Wormhole Xtream
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:52 pm

Fans of the devious and snarky Vala Mal Doran are already missing the character, who departed Stargate SG-1 after a six-episode run this season. But there is good news.

Actress Claudia Black will return to SG-1 late in Season Nine, TV Guide's Matt Roush is reporting. "I dug up a little scoop that Claudia Black, who plays Vala, will return for two episodes in the back half of SG-1's season, to air in the winter," Roush said.

Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") reportedly told fans at last weekend's official Stargate convention in Chicago, Illinois that Black would appear in the season's nineteenth episode, "Crusade," according to a report at Stargate SG-1 Solutions. If true, this indicates a strong possibility that Vala's second return episode could be "Camelot," the season finale and twentieth episode of the year.

Could Vala hold on for Season Ten ... and possibly even become a series regular? Fans of Claudia Black certainly hope so. The SCI FI Channel is expected to reveal whether or not Stargate SG-1 will be picked up for a record-breaking tenth season in the weeks ahead. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:40 pm

a record-breaking tenth season

how exactly is that record breaking?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:15 pm

the producers and writers can count that high. their previous high was 9.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:16 pm

lol, that must be the only reason, as 10 seasons is by no means record breaking in the least, Doctor who anyone :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:50 pm

probably something like scifi haven't had that many series for one show, and to be fair dr who had series with like 2 episodes or something stupid comparatively speaking. In america on shows like this its 20-24, barring HBO like shows.

So its not quite fair to compare a 6/13 episode series to a 22 episode series.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:53 pm

actually dr who seasons were made up of about 20 stories with storys containing between 1 and 8 episodes
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:08 am

Didn't X-Files go for 10 seasons?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:12 am

dunno, but that's a Fox show and i personally thought it was only 9. Is fox a network or cable channel btw?

US tv is absolutely wank btw, scifi seems obsessed by "record breaking", record breaking prime time lineup, record breaking opening pilot on scifi, etc. Just look at any press release and they use it about 4 times :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:31 am

fox is a broadcast network (free over air). not to be confused with fox studios, which produce all sorts of shit on cable and broadcast.

scifi and comedy central break records all the time because they're cable channels, and the smelliest turd of the all time worst rated network show is cable gold. south park broke all sorts of records too. then if you look at their actual ratings, I think buffy (or insert some other niche show) constantly out ranked it. if the numbers for south park or daily show beat just one of the 6 network channels (usually UPN & WB), it's huge for them, but the one network it beats is like 10% of what the number one rated network show is pulling in. and then once or twice something like south park will do better than whatever ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX are airing and it's some new record.

wow. I'm like totally talking like a ken doll like and it's like totally circular and stuff
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:54 pm

Did some checking, xfiles only had 9 series.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:57 pm

xfiles was ok for the first season, possibly the second then it made the mistake of going mainstream and becoming popular, which usually kills american shows especially, plus it was up its own arse
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:49 pm

not exactly, any episodes written by certain writers were f*cking ace, its just all the others weren't as good.

For example, the Wong guy who wrote space above and beyond, all his episodes are amazing. They are spread across several series.

The reason it was crap was a) too much about aliens and conspiracies, which is ironic because that was the backbone b) poorer writing c) dwindling cast.

I don't really think it was "mainstream" that was he problem, it was a "mainstream" show right from the get go, they'd already made a host of episodes when it aired, then it was famous right away if you think back.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:18 pm

For example, the Wong guy who wrote space above and beyond, all his episodes are amazing

i hated shite above and beyond
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:09 am

It did have some good stuff.. i loved the idea of that race of robots that base there entire "religion" on the consept of chace.... they became free and proper free thinkers when there creater put a simple command into there prgram "take a chace" they all carry dice and stuff.. was a nice tight idea.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:37 pm

Battlestar borrowed a lot from it too. Although it wasn't brilliant it wasn't particularly bad, i remember it entering as the highest rating new show in the uk at the time, and in some other countries. it was pulled by fox at the source.

I have a fangoria article on the two guys, they wrote a host of xfiles episode and they are all amazing episodes from what i remember of them, reaching out over a couple of series. There's also episodes like the xmas one, and the freaks one in series 2. I loved the COPS one iirc too, that was like series 7.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:41 pm

highest rating new show in the uk at the time

:lol: like that was an acheievement when the best the uk could do was that crappy invasion: earth on a friday night (i say crappy i still watched every episode as apart from the excellent red dwarf uk scifi was scarce)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:39 pm

all genres, that is. For that period of months, of all the new shows, it beat them all in terms of ratings.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:17 pm

Hmmm.... only ever seen a couple of eps... might wack em in the que.. :)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:45 pm

hey don't take that as an endorsement, i was just saying it wasn't that bad :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal