A NEW The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Radio Play???

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

A NEW The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Radio Play???

Postby Jynks on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:16 pm

BBC4 News Section wrote:The Tertiary, Quandary and Quintessential Phases

BBC Radio 4 presents an Above the Title Production of

THE HITCHHIKER’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

by Douglas Adams

Adapted & Directed by Dirk Maggs

Twenty-five years after the original radio series of Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy exploded into the public consciousness, the further exploits of its bewildered hero, Arthur Dent, are being brought to life in their original medium and with the (mainly) original cast.

The last three books of the ‘trilogy in five parts’, Life, The Universe And Everything; So Long And Thanks For All The Fish and Mostly Harmless, have been dramatised as three new series (none of them were previously produced for radio).

As the original two series were dubbed the Primary and Secondary Phases by Douglas Adams, these new series form the Tertiary, Quandary and Quintessential Phases.

Thanks to the wonders of digital technology, Douglas Adams himself can be heard playing the part of Agraja

Found out about this wile making the Guide collection... wounder if any of you britz have heard anything about this... aparently it has already gone to air.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:43 pm

Well its better than a remake of the movie :wacky:

Given the humour is all word play its pretty apt.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:29 pm

has anyone heard this radio play?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby TeKHeD on Fri May 19, 2006 2:30 pm

Well if its anything like the last steaming pile of crap remake i will give it a miss , what wrong with the original bbc versions as they actually stick to the book?
TeKHeD
42?

Postby Jynks on Sat May 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Um... the original raidio plays were BEFORE the books and contain a lot of diffrent content.

Still I ampretty keen to hear the new radio play.. still interested if anyone has a copy of it.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby TeKHeD on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 pm

I have to say the recent movie was the biggest pile of steaming kak i have ever seen , talk about rewriting stuff that simply doesn't need rewriting :evil:
TeKHeD
42?

Postby John_Doe on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:08 pm

I listened to the new radio plays a while ago, and was vastly dissapointed. The humor was completley gone, and the story just got weaker and weaker. Imo even the second part of the radio play (ep 6-12) had lost the charm of the first, and was probably done more for the money, than for the joy of it.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:04 pm

yea but my hitch collection is incomplete with out them... do u have links or anything?
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby John_Doe on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Hehe, completing the collection is more important than quality, as always. =)

I don't have the links anymore, but I did get them through emule.. large sepperate mp3 files... so if you search for Galaxy Tertiary, Quandary and Quintessential, you should find them easily.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal