Does anybody know the name of this film ?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Does anybody know the name of this film ?

Postby fx7 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:48 pm

Hey there

Can any of you guys help me as I'm going nuts trying to name this bloody film. I'll try and be as descriptive as possible. I think it came out around 1993 - 1997 and from what I remember it looked as though parts of it were filmed in like an apartment complex in Colombia or something like that. Time travel might have been involved but I mainly remember it being about robots/cyborgs. I remember it was pretty low budget but the effects were pretty good and this is what I remember the most because in one scene this girl (robot) is shot the hell out of by these guys with machine guns and the next thing you know her upper torso splits away from the lower half of her body having been shredded by bullets. this then crawls across the floor to a point only then to have her eyes gouged out/shutdown/killed by this guy (in a suit ?!?). I seem to remember as well that at the end the main cyborg guy is blown out of an airplane having gone very much like arnie in Terminator with his robot bits showing etc possibly over some mountains.

I always thought that it was Nemesis 2 but from clips that I have seen I'm not so sure. I also thought that Tim Thomerson had been in it which when I looked on imdb and saw that he had been in Nemesis again made me think that the film in question was Nemesis 2 but part of me thinks that it was another actor, although an equally recognisable one.

The scene though where she gets blown the hell out of hell is what I remember the clearest because I was impressed with the effects. if anybody knows what this bloody film is called I'd be most grateful because i'll be damned if i know.

warmest rgds

Dave
fx7
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby potmunky on Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:45 am

Hi.
I think you are right; I aint seen either of em fer years, but it does sound like Nemesis1/2. The ending rings BIG bels :wacky: as, like you say, it goes all Terminatory in the plane.
Tim Thomerson and Olivier Gruner starred, i think.
Hope that helps!
Pot
potmunky
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal