Predator remake...

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Predator remake...

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:27 pm

I've said time and time again they've gone too far, they remake films like Texas Chain saw and Wickerman... but once again they've crossed the line of remaking a perfectly good film that was both popular and wasn't particularly flawed in any way:

http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/news/index.php?id=64
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby d0c on Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:24 am

remake of the wickerman?? is that out on the emule?? and yeah predator dont need an remake...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:46 pm

d0c wrote:remake of the wickerman?? is that out on the emule?? and yeah predator dont need an remake...

more to the point why would you actually care about a wickerman remake? it cant be better then the original if it even exists

and as for predator, i guess the <s>jews</s> erm directors who run hollywood must've run out of outdated films to remake so their focusing the attention on recent popular films, how much you betting this is due to avp (and probable avp2) and the rumoured alien 5 that they feel pred needs another film

what's next??? Back to the future - Remake starring ashton cuntcher as marty mcfly, jessica stinkson as jennifer, and michael douglas as doc emmet lathrop brown????
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:00 am

:lol:

1987? fuck! I'm getting old.

Wonder why they think a remake would gross more than a sequel? It's a cookie cutter story (good thing in this case) which can work any place and any time (in human history, in the galaxy, etc.). And why on EARTH would they wanna bring back arnnie and Dutch for a sequel anyway??? the whole point is that you/we don't know who or what is hunting us. what's the point of bringing back someone who knows how to kill the fuckers?

given the cast with the evil dead</i> remake, that at least kinda makes sense. they're going to try and go the ED2/AoD</i> route with it. but there's nothing worth even trying to change with predator</i>.

:lol:
Last edited by dinky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:02 am

well i dont know about you but if i had a predator stalking me i wouldnt say no to having the only human alive to survive ground zero of a nuclear blast on my team :lol: :lol: :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:15 am

The predetor bomb didnb't need to be nucular it is the HEAT that makes the mushrrom not anything to do with the radioactivity or splitting atoms... it is a safe assumpton that an advanced alien race would have large scale tatical bombs that wouldn't be as harmful as a nuke.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:38 am

tell that to the alien</i> franchise.

hehe - wanted to be spud to the punch. :razz:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:21 am

I do not get it.. what has it to do with Alien?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:19 pm

avp</i> was a "predator bomb" that destroyed the alien</i> franchise. tongue-in-cheek.
:D
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby d0c on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:43 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
d0c wrote:remake of the wickerman?? is that out on the emule?? and yeah predator dont need an remake...

more to the point why would you actually care about a wickerman remake? it cant be better then the original if it even exists

and as for predator, i guess the <s>jews</s> erm directors who run hollywood must've run out of outdated films to remake so their focusing the attention on recent popular films, how much you betting this is due to avp (and probable avp2) and the rumoured alien 5 that they feel pred needs another film

what's next??? Back to the future - Remake starring ashton cuntcher as marty mcfly, jessica stinkson as jennifer, and michael douglas as doc emmet lathrop brown????

i want to see a remake of the wickerman... bad or good dont matter... i just want to see it...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:45 pm

d0c wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:

i want to see a remake of the wickerman... bad or good dont matter... i just want to see it...

even if its directed by Uwe Boll???? :-o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 pm

dinky wrote:avp</i> was a "predator bomb" that destroyed the alien</i> franchise. tongue-in-cheek.

The french bombed it first.

Yeah, advanced races might have better tactical missles than nukes, but they'll cost more... that's why its more cost effective method is to launch and nuke the entire site from orbit... its the cheapest way to be sure... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:36 am

I'm sorry I can't authorise that kind of action, I'm sorry.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:44 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
dinky wrote:avp</i> was a "predator bomb" that destroyed the alien</i> franchise. tongue-in-cheek.

The french bombed it first.

true. but at least they didn't seriously alter the exstant mythology. (or completely ruin the ambiguity of the A3 ending). :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:15 pm

yeah but i can take avp as a spinoff, where as its a bit hard to do that with alien4. They should both be classed as spinoffs and they should make a new film called "alien 4: What do you mean? no there was no alien 4 before this".

I'd do that given the chance :lol: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:00 pm

Well I could "forgive" alien 4 if they made a decent number 5. The chances of that happening is very small though. Sure A4 suxed but it DID leave the opening for Alien 5 - Hell on Earth (that was a amazing comic series btw)

Where the aliens over run earth and mankind has to move out to prbiting space stations... wierd death cults about aliens all sorts a cool stuff.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:08 pm

yeah. there's a whole slew of novels, upon which most of the comics are based. hindsight is 20/20, but I think they'll need some real savant to save the franchise at this point. anything else is either gonna be a pale reflection of aliens</i> or alien</i>.

I guess that's why I can look forward more to a predator</i> sequel (and why a remake seems so silly). it has nothing to lose. it's not much more than a pretty cool (sci-fi) action series. kevin smith could probably direct an action flick. :lol:

edit: although I would have said the same of just about any video game, and we know how well those movies are turning out. :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:01 pm

thats coz they wont let me direct films, seriously, ive applied and applied but tehy keep saying "no goddamnit get out of my house before i call security"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:58 pm

yeah, but you solicit that shit in yer damn birthday suit. no one want's to see that. :?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:07 pm

i do not.... i paint myself green, and my mouth orange and wear a nappy like orville the duck actually :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal