Star Wars TV Show

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Star Wars TV Show

Postby Jynks on Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:31 am

Yes the rumors are ture... the TV show is confired from many sources and should hit our download ques somtime in early 2005.

[quote="SciFi Wire"]Star Wars TV Shows Ramp Up

Rick McCallum, who served as producer on the recent Star Wars films, revealed to Now Playing Magazine some of the details of the two upcoming TV series based on the franchise created by George Lucas. "The live-action television series is something we're planning for just at the beginning of 2007," McCallum said in an interview while promoting the upcoming DVD of Star Wars: Episode III�?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:34 am

Aintitcoolnews wrote:"Yep, there is a Star Wars TV show on the way. Yep, it takes place between Episode 3 and 4. Yep, the character and story arcs are starting to come together. Hehe... fanboys are gonna love this! Playing one of the series' villans we love to hate is none other than... wait for it... Boba Fett! Expect young Boba (but not nearly as young as in Ep. 2) to feature in the series significantly. And you wondered why Lucas spent so much time focusing on that kid in Attack of the Clones and made sure that you knew that he knew that the Jedi/Republic was responsible for his Dad's death. Now you know. " -Cooper the Hound (AICN FAN)
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Re: Star Wars TV Show

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:33 pm

Jynks wrote:should hit our download ques somtime in early 2005.

Erm yours maybe but it wont come anywhere close to mine unless i get possessed by the arse devil from croydon and suddenly become a raving lunatic

something far more interesting then a star wars tv show would be
MaxPayne2409 wrote: Lucas finally envisions he is a complete chunk of knob cheese with all the talent of a festering boil, as shown by the way he proved the original star wars we all liked wasnt actually what he wanted for us
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Re: Star Wars TV Show

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:08 am

Jynks wrote:
SciFi Wire wrote:George is trying to get 13 scripts done first before we really start to get into the pipeline of it. But that'll start happening probably at the end of March."

that last bit wasn't very comforting. :?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:13 am

Narr the TV show will rule.... remeber he is not writing it.. set with dath and the proper empire..... darth in all his glory have saber fights.... storm troopers wasting rebels... it will rock!!

Even if it is only ok it will be worth a look... it would be just stubborn not to at least check it out... I mean you all tried threshold and surface.... :)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:03 am

i never tried threshold at all, and if im honest dont intend to, surface on the other hand is good, but i refuse to have anything to do with the new star wars
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:24 am

that last bit wasn't very comforting.

No I like that idea I think a continuing storyline is a lot better than "back in the captin chair, engage" style show.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:34 am

Jynks wrote:Narr the TV show will rule.... remeber he is not writing it.. set with dath and the proper empire..... darth in all his glory have saber fights.... storm troopers wasting rebels... it will rock!!

Even if it is only ok it will be worth a look... it would be just stubborn not to at least check it out... I mean you all tried threshold and surface.... :)

the first rebel victory was during the successful procurement of the death star plans, so yeah...lots of rebels getting wasted. :lol:

Jynks wrote:
that last bit wasn't very comforting.

No I like that idea I think a continuing storyline is a lot better than "back in the captin chair, engage" style show.

eh? the not comforting part is the suggestion that lucas is writing the stories himself. :lol:

btw: really cool imbedding a link within the quote heading. never thought about doing that before.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby d0c on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:45 pm

my guess is that we will not see this tv show before 2006 or 2007...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:35 pm

2007 is the "word"
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:55 pm

actually "the word" was an early/mid 90s teen culture/music show starring dani behr, terry christian (who now presents the sky digital help channel :lol:) and katie puckrick :lol: :lol: :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby potmunky on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:36 pm

Correct.
Now, your starter for ten... :wacky:
potmunky
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:32 pm

the first rebel victory was during the successful procurement of the death star plans, so yeah...lots of rebels getting wasted.

Can't wait to see a whole century of Bothan Spies getting wiped out accidently as they incompetantly try to fumble the plans out of a minimum security facility :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:40 pm

you and your bloody bothan spies :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby karstmobile on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:26 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:you and your bloody bothan spies :lol:

Similar to Bargain Basement Ninjas... just more spacey. :mrgreen:
karstmobile
the Angry Klingon

Location: Outside of the Discovery One waiting for HAL to open the damn pod bay doors...

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:30 am

ah i see, i still say the name Bothan is really gay and too close to ian botham spies :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:19 pm

lol, you can't seriously tell me that i'm the only one that cracks up laughing when the line is uttered in Return of the Jedi? :lol:

You can just imagine these Leslie Neilson type spies screwing everything up and dying like lemmings.

It gets even funnier when you realise what these spies look like:

http://www.fileheaven.org/forum/viewtop ... than+spies
spudthedestroyer wrote:
Caju wrote:
Kemlo wrote:/me votes for the last option.

/Kemlo

whats a bothan anyways?

Bothan? There's nothing bothan here... you can go about your business... move along....

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/naber/mn-bothan.asp
http://www.artoosnews.com/artooscustoms ... 0Spy.shtml
http://www.bothan-spy.net/bsncod.htm

Several Bothan Spies died to obtain this information about Bothan Spies

spudthedestroyer wrote:
Monkey Smasher wrote:thats starwars, right? i should really watch them all someday.

Return of the Jedi

Several Bothan Spies died to bring you this information

No wonder they are so crap at spying, if i saw one of those on my lawn I'd shoot it for sure.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Yar... hard for dog boys to blend in with neatly dresses fascists
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:16 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
the first rebel victory was during the successful procurement of the death star plans, so yeah...lots of rebels getting wasted.

Can't wait to see a whole century of Bothan Spies getting wiped out accidently as they incompetantly try to fumble the plans out of a minimum security facility :lol:

'course, that would be between empire</i> and jedi</i>, not eps 3 & 4. it would be nice if the series ended with a cool battle and the last shot we see is the Custodian ducking away from the carnage and maybe Vader saying persue that ship. meanwhile, the rest of the rebel ships sac themselves like Thermopylae.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby potmunky on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:31 pm

:-o Are they the new range of Macfarlane Emule figures!???
Is the bottom one wearing a wedding dress!?!?
Oh dear. I need a drink... :wacky:
potmunky
Owns a Genesis Device

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal