Blade: The TV Series

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Blade: The TV Series

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:35 am

Another buffy?

BLADE: Here's a first look at the BLADE tv pilot which was just announced as being a tv movie now.

from
http://www.gorezone.net/ / http://www.ComicContinum.com
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:53 am

cool.. I really like these movies... even if they ahve there problems... With any luck there will be a lot less preaching a long crap speeches than buffy.. also the adsent of looser adolecent teens will be a plus.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Tigerion on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:46 am

i hope that the actor that they get to play blade brings his own style to the character

And doesn't just try to copy the movie version. I think if they try to do that it will be pretty crap

Anyway really enjoyed the movies so looking forward to this

Any idea when it is due for release
When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do.
Tigerion
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:02 pm

I thought the movies got consecutively more ridiculous, but I genuinely enjoyed the first one. however, I liked it because it managed to blend style (doable on tv) with martial arts (somewhat doable on tv) and "adult language" (not doable on tv - here anyway). the blood & gore was actually kinda weak - what with the vampires going up in smoke and all - but I would have preferred more human gore without the stupidity of the sequel(s).

so no, I don't think it will translate. it was designed with an R-rating in mind and that was pretty much how it succeeded. just about everything else was technically inferior to the other 'good recent comic book movies'

erm...and blade came before buffy, didn't he? anyway, this mutant vampire stuff is getting really fucking tired. (see Underworld: Evolution trailer).
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:52 pm

pg13 rating in mind if you ask me. I'm suprised they got higher ratings.

Seems like a teen action movie to me... probably why they rated em 18 to make em more desirable.

erm...and blade came before buffy, didn't he?

Hell no, Blade is from a 70s comic book:
http://www.toonopedia.com/blade.htm

There's a strong case for it being the other way round, and buffy came from blade.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:38 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
erm...and blade came before buffy, didn't he?

Hell no, Blade is from a 70s comic book:
http://www.toonopedia.com/blade.htm

so surely that would make the first guy right in saying blade came before buffy then

personally i hate blade and think its complete chav-friendly arse, so i can safely say i'll be saving hdd space without this one
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:27 pm

:lol: yeah. methinks spud knows I likey the buff, so he read "from" into "before." we's in agreement.

blade could have easily been pg-13 though. and it is/was a huge risk to eat the R-rating. I guess that's my only rationale for saying it's aimed at the R. I mean...LotR made pg-13. van helsing did it (albeit not nearly as gory as the former). there is the whole interpretation of "fantasy violence" versus "violence" thing (think black orc blood vs. red human blood). but honestly, take out a few shits & fucks, maybe a little bit of the sexuality (already played-down from the dracula stuff) and you have a pretty easy pg-13, I think.

back to the tv show/movie. I don't see how it could be worse than trinity</i> (which was a knock-off of the sequel to dracula 2000</i> :lol:). so at least it has that going for it.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:35 pm

yeah. methinks spud knows I likey the buff, so he read "from" into "before." we's in agreement.

That i did :lol: I could make up some stuff about you hacking the board and changing it, but i can't be arsed to setup an elaborate web of lies for this one :lol:

IMO, this series is going to get dropped really fast, there's always a chance that a fanbase will suck out to it and pad it out, but i'm not seeing it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:02 am

eh. looks more promising than nick fury: agent of s.h.i.e.l.d. or generation x. the latter was a pretty decent comic when it came out. not sure if it's even still going or what.

:roll:

though in retrospect, that's not exactly setting the bar very high. might be good for the high jump in the wheelchair olympics though.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:13 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 am

http://www.bothanspies.com wrote:You don't have javascript, so you've got to click:
http://www.blackfilm.com/20060106/featu ... date.shtml

:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:02 am

yeah its more anonymous now :googley:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal