Serenity 2: TV movie?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Serenity 2: TV movie?

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:21 am

According to rumours, Serenity 2 is in the works. The bad news is that it might go straight to TV. Disappointing box office figures in some countries on Serenity is supposed to be the reason.

Serenity was shot in 35 mm. The sequel won’t.

Despite some disappointing box office figures – it didn’t do too bad, and the strong sales of the TV series Firefly on DVD, is supposed to be the reason why here will be a sequel to Serenity.

According to the rumour, it will go straight to The SciFi Channel, which is a part of NBC Universal family.

http://www.filmfanzine.com/?page_id=story&art_id=582

Not exactly a definitive source of information.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:48 am

This could be cool.. scifi chan has a history of turning top rating tv movies into tv shows.. this might revive the tv series?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:59 am

I hope not. part of what I liked about it was that it felt so conclusive.

I'd rather see a spinoff following the agent/assassin who used to be a "believer." there's a series of deleted scenes where the background of the battle of serenity was detailed. basically, the black guy finds himself in the same position at the end of the movie as capt. mal was after the battle of serenity. but there's more moral ambiguity with this guy, who is kinda like a bobba fett to mal's han solo.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:02 am

Self conclusive?? The show just stops mid season, nothing is explained.... well untill the movie that is and even that just forgot about a lot of stuff in the tv show.. like the blue hands etc etc.

that assasin that sneaked on the ship on the tv show did rule... my fav ep easy.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:12 am

bah. I don't wanna go back to the series. the movie has pretty much moved beyond it. preacher's dead. companion's out in the open with mal. buffy's back (and sane). the chance to explore those superhuman agents (mib guys) is kinda out the window with the miranda project having gone public. I suppose you could argue they'd keep pursuing cuz they want her as a weapon, which was basically the intimation throughout the series, but the movie kinda squashed that thread, I think. simon and the mechanic chick hooked-up. all that's really left is the ridiculous melodrama that drowned buffy/angel in a pool of 9021 Melrose Hill. yeah, they still have that mafia out for revenge. of course, they also have summer in super soldier mode now. and she's fecking telepathic. it's like attacking superman with a plastic fork. let's follow the guy who hunted them down throughout the movie.

ok. just realized I'm pushing the same thing in both posts so will try (yeah right) not to post the same case again.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal