Sin City Tv Series announced

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Sin City Tv Series announced

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:29 am

Damn another one, last one I'll post :wacky: Since Sin City rocks:

Sin City TV Series in the Works
Posted by Filmfanzine
Monday 24.10.2005
The Weinstein brothers' newly formed studio, The Weinstein Co., will develop a TV series based on Frank Millers Sin City.

Sin City 2 are also in the works, and the TV-series will follow in the footsteps on this sequel. Sin City 2 will also be directed by Robert Rodriguez.

The Sin City movie franchise has moved to The Weinstein Co. after they went their separate way from Disney's Miramax Films, which released the first film.

http://www.filmfanzine.com/?page_id=story&art_id=511

Dunno if it will work on the tv without the budget.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:22 am

I just think that it be the violence taht wouldn't work.. it would be such a watered down version of the original that any fans of the comic will just be pissed off when watching it.

As for budget? If you are talkng about the look of sincity then I think you are in for a surprise.. the effect of that black and white thing while starteling is piss easy to do... that is one of the great tihings about that film... a new idea on a way to present the medium... I mean you wiill not have cg cars skidding though snow fields.. but on the whole it will not be hard to look the same.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:29 am

you know, i'm not so sure about the violence. It depends if you mean gore... have you watched any of the Masters of Horror?

Thus far, it has had lots of gore, far more than i would have thought be allowed on tv. This includes some quite edgey stuff... in episode two you see a knife go into a babies neck, in Argento's there's the whole penis + intestines thing, etc. (Don't want to spoil anything).

Pushed it way further than i was expecting. I guess it depends what channels it on, I think HBO, etc. and it might very well be violent.

As for budget? If you are talkng about the look of sincity then I think you are in for a surprise.. the effect of that black and white thing while starteling is piss easy to do... that is one of the great tihings about that film... a new idea on a way to present the medium... I mean you wiill not have cg cars skidding though snow fields.. but on the whole it will not be hard to look the same.

No way; I was talking about the extensive cgi, car crashes, explosions, excessive gunfights etc. that made Sin City great. Not some filters, makeup, etc. tricks.

It was the heavy amount of editing (very hard on tv unless they make them with huge production times and without the midseason breaks), the violence, the style, and the over the top action that made Sin City great, I'm skeptical whether that can be produced on tv unless they are aiming for a very expensive series.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:42 am

heh.. just checking :)

Masters of Horror eh?

cool I'll grab an ep.. is it like a new "tale from the crypt" kinda thing? if it is not connected wat is a good ep to try out?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:04 am

it would have to be an HBO series in the states to have any chance of working, I think. iunno how willing they'd be to outsource such a project. looks a hell of a lot more interesting than blade, though. (love them as I do, blade looks like one of those cheesepuff sam raimi/robert tapert shows - and baring a bruce campbell appearance, has all the appeal of burnt toast)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal