Futurama Strikes Back

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby MyK on Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:58 pm

REM: <s>Pain.In.The.Ass.Relieve.Pill.For.Dummies.on.Windowz.by.MyK.rar</s>

This is my "hosts" file. I've never seen any popups/popunders on IMDB while using it. It pretty much bans most of the Internet :mrgreen: DISCLAIMER: Use it at your own discretion and backup previous "hosts" file just in case you won't be able to get your daily dose of pr0n anymore. Might require restart of a system (not sure) and/or browser (sure).

I also have a shortcut pointing to %windir%\system32\notepad.exe "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" in "Administrative Tools" that comes in handy once in a while I come across sites that link to anything I don't want to see in my browser. Usually, it just takes a moment to find a domain name of such linked content if you glimpse through the pages HTML code. BTW, some sites block viewing of source code in browsers (like this site) but you can still view it in some HTML editors (just open the sites address in it and it should retrieve any HTTP response) ;) Once you get to know your enemies, simply add them to this "hosts" file and restart your browser.
Last edited by MyK on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:09 pm

ta, although i will have you know i have no desire for http pr0n lol, for everything theres newsgroups and emule
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:33 pm

just use adblock extension and adblock filterset you douche ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:02 am

i have adblock enabled in firefox
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:10 am

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:14 am

booooo.. talk about furturama in this thread :P
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:39 am

the filterset is now installed aswell, ta
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Bender's Big Score (+3 more)
Release Date: Nov. 27th, 2007

See more here.

As we receive more news regarding the upcoming Futurama DVD movie Bender's Big Score and some info on the three Futurama movies to follow, we'll be using this page to gather the latest information on the movies all in one place. We base this on publically available sources and exclusive information from - among others - a very trustworthy unnamed source with middle initial "X".

First off, the names of the four Futurama movies:
Bender's Big Score
The Beast with a Billion Backs
Bender's Game
Into the Wild Green Yonder

All 4 new Futurama movie DVDs are going to be released in "Glorious Widescreen" (1.78:1) with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and will be available in both DVD and High-Definition format.
Each of the feature-length movies (approximately 88 minutes) will be cut and reconfigured to be shown as four individual episodes on Comedy Central sometime after the release on DVD (date has not yet been set).
The current plan states that the TV episodes are going to be in 4:3 to match the earlier episodes. All the more reason to buy the DVDs once they are available!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:56 pm

i think i just came
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Re: Futurama Strikes Back

Postby Jynks on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Holy Bender Bending Rodríguez!
Six years after getting axed by Fox, Futurama is being resurrected on Comedy Central.
A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirms that the cable net has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's late, great animated series to air beginning in 2010. The studio cites Futurama's "blockbuster" performance on DVD and in reruns on Comedy Central as the reason for its rebirth.
Hmmm... sound familiar?
"When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once in a lifetime thing -- that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived," 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden said in a joint statement. "But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn’t have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."
Adds Groening: "We’re thrilled Futurama is coming back. We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000."
I have a hunch Groening isn't the only one doing a happy dance. (That's your cue to start filling up the comments section.)

Looks like they are back in bisness!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal