Can you help me remember the title of a movie?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Can you help me remember the title of a movie?

Postby Stinky on Thu May 06, 2004 4:02 am

Hello all!

I saw a sf movie when I was a kid that left me changed. The same way that Star Wars made me the man I am today, this movie scarred and scared me! Since then I've become a huge exploitation/sf/horror fan... but this show has eluded me.

It would be from the early mid 70's maybe a little later, perhaps even late 60's.
I was very young when I saw it. This show was definately R rated.
The story was of a guy that has/makes a supercomputer that runs the house. The computer falls in love with his wife and manages to isolate her and tries to seduce/impregnate her. I remember vivid monochromatic shots of red, or green or blue? Anyway I don't remember too much more other than my childhood abject fear :)

Thanks,

Stinky
Stinky
Skutter

Postby Blade Runner on Thu May 06, 2004 4:47 am

Simpsons int it

Collosus: corbin project or something
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Stinky on Thu May 06, 2004 6:17 am

Thanks! I'm downloading it as I type!
Yeah I saw the simpsons take on it. That's what kept poking me in the ass to find out what the title was.
Stinky
Skutter

Postby Stinky on Thu May 06, 2004 6:30 am

Hmm.... now I'm not sure if it is the right show. I think I am actually looking for THE DEMON SEED (1977). Either way "Colossus: The Forbin Project" is quite similar and I want to see it.
Stinky
Skutter

Postby Jynks on Thu May 06, 2004 8:07 am

Demon Seed
Scientist Alex Harris, doing research on artificial intelligence, is working on a special kind of computer. This computer grows more and more powerful, and succeeds in raping the scientist's wife, Susan Harris. In the end she gives birth to a hybrid baby

Dan Kootz Novela
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Stinky on Thu May 06, 2004 11:58 am

Demon Seed it is... the reviews on IMDB proved it conclusively. But no DVD, too bad.

Strange how the SF of the '70's still resonates in me even though I considered it shlock until a couple of years ago. (I was born in '71)

Logan's Run, Zardoz, Demon Seed. Not to mention all the great horror... *sigh*

I'm off to watch "Blood Spattered Bride"
Thanks for the help.
Stinky
Skutter

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 06, 2004 1:54 pm

Blade Runner wrote:Simpsons int it

indeed it is good fellow. The "simpsons did it" episode of south park sums it up best... simpsons has done everything going because its copied everything going :lol:

The halloween specials are great though, loads of old movies referenced in them.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 08, 2004 3:16 am

my favourite is the Homega man based on the omega man 8)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal