Oh, so that's where i know them from...

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Oh, so that's where i know them from...

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:24 am

You know every so often you notice an actor, and then take a look at their profile on imdb, only to realise that the person you've been watching for xyz minutes/hrs/episodes was infact the same person who started in some cheesey role 20 years ago... you'd just never realised?

I'll give you an example,
Vaginia Haye:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382162/
http://www.virginiahey.com/

Most commonly seen looking like:

Was actually that lass in Mad Max 2:
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cast/MadMax2/VirginiaHey/

Keeping with the Mad Max motif, The Mouth of Sauron was also the helicopter pilot:

Feel free to add any more of your own, usually a b-movie secondary character turns up in a tv series or a supporting role in a movie decades later.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Some Random Dude on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:48 am

Don't have any pics, but that fat guy "Hugo" from Lost. He played a role in Tales of the Crapper. Was funny to find out he played in a movie like that and ends up in a hit series :lol:
Some Random Dude
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby Lord Kromdar on Mon May 22, 2006 12:26 am

Mouth of Sauron( can't be bothered to IMDB his name ) was also in 'Revenge of the Sith'...he played the head guy who meets Obi-Wan on the planet OWK meets Greivous...
Lord Kromdar
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Jynks on Mon May 22, 2006 9:51 am

was also in matrix3
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mxyzptlk on Mon May 22, 2006 11:08 am

Robert Picardo

imdb

known to everyone as:

was a goofy icecream guy in The Munchies (1987) sort of a funny Gremlins ripoff

ImageImage

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Lord Kromdar on Mon May 22, 2006 6:40 pm

and 'The Howling', also
Lord Kromdar
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mxyzptlk on Mon May 22, 2006 7:12 pm

true,he plays Eddie in the first Howling.the guys has shown his face in quite a lot of films,but in Munchies his part is the worst ever :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue May 23, 2006 2:13 am

he was also the evil backstepper in an episode of seven days, and tim taylors neighbour in season 3 of home improvement (watched recently)

i dont think jennifer aniston in leprechaun really counts does it? or Harold "jelly belly" bishop from Neighbours appearing in Body Melt?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue May 23, 2006 11:13 pm

president logan (24)

he was one of angelina jolie's suitors in Original Sin. but check out his c.v.: he's a guest appearance machine Gregory Itzin
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue May 23, 2006 11:23 pm

HAHA dinky for cheesiness thats lame, he was Jim Robinson in australian soap Neighbours, infact his granddaughter Hannah Martin killed him, and her grandma Helen... well she didn't really but when jim died of a heart attack on the kitchen floor Hannah was the only one there, when Helen died on the sofa of old age... again Hannah was the only one there... coincidence or something much much darker lurking in ramsey street? you decide

Hannah when she killed Jim

Hannah when she slaughtered Helen

She's a killer Whore, obviously when she killed Jim at such a young age she felt she had to do mens mags when she got older, then helen happened to see the pictures and cast her defiled filthy granddaughter assunder to live in the filth she had created for herself, so she had to be put down too

or did i really jsut make all that up?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Wed May 24, 2006 10:04 pm

dinky's character is not the one you are referring to :wink: you are referring to Vice President Jim Prescott from 24 AKA Jim Robinson from Neighbours who also has just appreared in hit tv show Lost :o you can't keep a good man down i guess :lol:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed May 24, 2006 10:07 pm

i've never watched 24 but i recall seeing adverts with Jim in as some high ranking type, and the small pic looked like him (although not when you view the full size pic), but still funny :lol:

i must go inform Hannah that Jim is still alive :googley:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal