Transformers Live action teaser is out

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Transformers Live action teaser is out

Postby Jynks on Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:58 am

<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:36 pm

fuck me! fuck me hard! and fuck fuck fuck! they're on MARS?????? are you fucking kidding me? goddamn fucking fuck fuckity fucker! michael bay!

they crashed on earth millions of years ago and went into stasis! FFS! do these people write transformers armada too? :?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby shakazuzu on Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:12 pm

i think Bay is taking this way to seriously... its a fucking children`s show. he shouldve taken a different approach using the orginal theme music and made it fun...
shakazuzu
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:49 pm

omfg!

and...

ffs!

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24215
one of the comments for bumblebee was pefect: Bionicle! :lol: optimus is optimus. the fact that he's a semi at all is fine by me (the flames are too much, but at least they didn't make him a frickin' fire truck). this movie looks horribly horribly bad. I hate the director. I think setting first contact on mars is equivalent to setting AvP on 20th century earth. the transformers look like a million other japanimation toons, but virtually nothing like TRANSFORMERS. and the vehicle mode for megatron doesn't even look like a human vessal (I accept the fact that making him a big gun is not feasibly but wtf is this?). I will be shocked if I rank this higher than the village.</i>

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24276
if you look closely at the non-battle mode for megatron (the images are small), you'll see they totally ripped his appearance off of (:lol:) Beast Machines</i>. stupid fuckers.

also, starscream looks like they tried to cross a beast wars</i> inferno/bug design with a traditional f-15ish look: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/j ... a67ar3.jpg
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:20 pm

hmmm not to happy with starscream..... . . I was really worried that the models would look a lot more like the cybertron 3D cartoon series rather than the original versions... . . .

Lets hope they get Megatron's, Starscreams, Soundwaves and Optimus's voices correct :)

Spesh Starscream...
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:09 pm

cybertron 3d? I thought the only cgi stuff was beast wars & beast machines. cybertron looked like an extension of armada/mini-con shite.

so here I am, an hour later (after the above lines and a few wiki articles). I hate these takara-hasbro team-ups. hate hate hate them. beast wars and beast machines made huge strides from the original series insofar as creating a smart, layered series that doesn't just cater to 5-year-olds. I couldn't even watch one whole episode of Armada (I tried a couple different eps). it was appaling. terrible shit. like watching pokemon except with the added bonus of the worst possible dub in cartoon history.

edit:
Jynks wrote:Lets hope they get Megatron's, Starscreams, Soundwaves and Optimus's voices correct :)

Spesh Starscream...

they're using the original voice actor for prime (er...well, I think he's original. he's the one all the fans wanted). dunno about starstcream or soundwave. but judging from the shot (butchery) of bionicle the bumblebee, I doubt you'd recognize him anyway.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:18 pm

more shots of Prime are online: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24396

the body looks bioncle (like all the rest of the fuct-up images).

the face looks really bad though. you can kinda-sorta see his signature design, but like everything else in this movie, it's been bastardized pretty badly:

looks like a fecking chipmunk to me. major complaints about nose/mouth. everything else seems a bit squeezed from side to side, but perfectly reasonable.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:00 am

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers_hd.html

New trailer for the transformers movie is out...... not sure what to expect with this one... if you are expecting the cartoon then you are in for a sad time but if you take it as a completly new film... say pretend the movie is called "Invasion of the Bot people" or somthing and has nothing tto do with transformers... well it "may" be a fun film. (note I said FUN not GOOD)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:04 am

Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:07 pm

Jynks wrote:hsay pretend the movie is called "Invasion of the Bot people" or somthing and has nothing tto do with transformers... well it "may" be a fun film. (note I said FUN not GOOD)

Invaision of Bionicle. :(
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Fri May 04, 2007 2:43 pm

there's a full picture of optimus in robot mode in a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly. I'm sure it's online. I'll try to find it. But it doesn't look like Prime at all. :(

here's a pretty complete collection of movie mock-ups and toys: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115458
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mxyzptlk on Fri May 04, 2007 3:11 pm

:o :o omg!! this is gonna be so bad....

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Sat May 05, 2007 1:47 pm

I think this will be kinda fun... just pretend it has nothing to do with transformers.... . . .

hahaha that page was cool.. luv the way bumblebee is a 74 camero now!! lol And jazz is a porcha

WTF megatron turns into a plane?

wish they just used the G1 models... AND the voices!!!
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Sat May 05, 2007 2:01 pm

did a bit more reading soundwave isn't even in this ... . . using some g4 transformer called soundbyte
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun May 06, 2007 10:08 am

I think jazz always was a porcha :wink:

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal