Terminator to Become A TV Series

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Terminator to Become A TV Series

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:31 am

Twentieth Century Fox has announced that it will be bringing the story of the Terminator movies to your television with "The Sarah Connor Chronicles".

The Sarah Connor Chronicles is a new television series that takes place after the events in the movie Terminator 2. The show, already lensing in New Mexico, will star Lena Heady (Merlin, The Brothers Grimm, 300) as Sarah Connor, Thomas Dekker (Heroes, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: Voyager) as John Connor, and Summer Glau (Serenity, Firefly, The 4400).

No word has yet been released as to whether or not the same actors will be used in the upcoming pic Terminator 4.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby mxyzptlk on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm

interesting, where did you get this?

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:13 pm

*moved*

Source?!?!?!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:09 pm

http://www.tv.com/story/6082.html

but google for it and loads fo places come up with it including imdb, scifi channels site, channel 4, variety magazine, rottentomatoes.com, tv.ign and other sites

i hope it's good, thing is tho in T3 he says because hes "off the grid" he wasn't chased by terminators, now i know the series is set after T2 but im owrried if they are still going with T3 plot aswell then surely we won't see any terminators at all

This series could go either way really, it needs ot be pulled off skillfully
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 pm

You know, reading them comments they are dead right. its called the sarah connor chronicles? erm... she dies after terminator 2, and they didn't hear dick about skynet until the realisation that they messed up in terminator 3.

sorry, this sounds like an ill conceived shitty concept.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:40 pm

or nothing more then a money spinner, still because i love the terminator franchise i hope its good
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:00 pm

they could spend the money on say, carnivale... and i'd be a lot more appreciative :)

:)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:22 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:or nothing more then a money spinner, still because i love the terminator franchise i hope its good

meh. I like claire danes, but T3 soured me on the franchise. I didn't watch much of it, but iirc, you did: this sounds like the robocop series...except less congruity with the movies.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:02 pm

yeah i watched terminator 3, i didn't dislike it, but at the same time, it wasn't spectacularlyas good as the other 2
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:45 pm

heh. meant the robocop series. although now that I think about it, it was a total recall series you were reporting on.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:41 pm

yeah i liked the total recall 2070 series, probably because it was very much more blade runner then total recall, and i liked the time cop series aswell, complete with bruce campbell episode (bruce should never be seen wearing a suit)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:44 pm

the end of total recall 2070 was sooooooooooooooo lame.
If i had children i'd have drown them for their own good, just incase they accidently saw that shit :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:52 pm

yes the final episode was kind of lame, but i can think of much worse shows/movies.... friends anybody?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:27 pm

I am really warming up to the idea of high end production TV shows.. .. The new Starwars live action TV show that is coming This, rome, Band of Brothers, the new one set in the pasific war etc etc ... these are all going to be awsome.

Films are a real love of mine.. but what I really like is stories. If a TV show is done right (Band of Brothers is a good example imo) it can be even better than a flick as it has time to really explore the people with out rushing or skipping shit.

I say.. "awsome" A Terminator TV show, bring it on..... just do not be crap production values and use some imagination. As soon as it was set pre world war.... i was worried.. lets hope it isn't simple a terminator gose back in time and hunts them for an entire series.

I mean Spud is right... there is a movie continuity problem ... though the TV show has probly been pitched from well before the third movie came out.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal