Aliens vs Predator (August 2004)

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:03 pm

lol like i sed before, i dont care what anyone thinks bout my alien prefs lol

i do remember seeing alien on my dads cine camera tho when i was about 4 or 5, ah what a film and what an age to cause lasting desensitised issues to every movie since lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Blade Runner on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:11 pm

Should you really bother?
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:10 pm

OMFG! I couldn't believe it. The local theater DID have the AvP Trailer, but not with tCoR. Was told they put it in DODGEBALL! :lol: Well, gonna try and see tCoR & Dodgeball (only cause my roomie wants to, just like Harry Potter) Mon & or Tue.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:30 pm

mw2merc wrote:OMFG! I couldn't believe it. The local theater DID have the AvP Trailer, but not with tCoR. Was told they put it in DODGEBALL! :lol: Well, gonna try and see tCoR & Dodgeball (only cause my roomie wants to, just like Harry Potter) Mon & or Tue.

There are 2 new trailers on apple.com (from a few days ago)

These show the good footage :) :beerchug:
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:19 pm

http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/avp/ ... r3_480.mov
This is the one in the local theater.

http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/avp/ ... ve_480.mov
Definately is an action trailer.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:17 am

worst part of Alien³ was Alien³ :twisted:
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Purple.Nightmare wrote:worst part of Alien³ was Alien³ :twisted:
:lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:45 pm

i listened to anderson talk a bit about the a film a month or 2 ago on howard stern. stern was interested in the film but then he figured out that anderson and milla are married so he just went on about weather or not anderson thought it was weird that she sems to like to fuck all her directors.... and that his marriage would fail ... the usual
anderson didnt make the film seem to intresting imo but he didnt say much, the humans will probably saye the day and get saved.
then some die-hard dark horse fans called in and flamed the hell out of him for even attempting it after they say he ruined residentEvil , which i couldnt understand at the time haveing liked RE - this was b4 i was enlightened to tyrants.... but i guess alot of gammers say it was crap and think this will probably be 2. being a so so fan of the dark horse series myself it does seem like its gonna blow compaired to the comic
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:34 pm

which i couldnt understand at the time haveing liked RE - this was b4 i was enlightened to tyrants

LOL... when you've finished laughing at us geeks :) , just think of it like "if people comment on how he's ruined it, the games must be something special". Although tyrants do of course kick ass! :lol:
Don't you just want to give the guy a hug? :eatthis:

How about a mutant freak?

And on the same theme... a mutant plant?

A not so plastic shark?

and everyone loves spiders!

And everyone loves zombies:

and all we got in the film was a very unconvincing Latino lass, a laser light show and a crappy licker. :cry:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:45 pm

bobbystills wrote:but i guess alot of gammers say it was crap and think this will probably be 2. being a so so fan of the dark horse series myself it does seem like its gonna blow compaired to the comic

I realize there's a lot of overlap between gamers and movie-goers, but is it not just the slightest bit funny that fans of a video game</i> are upset that a movie based on said game ruined</i> the franchise?
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:12 pm

hey this isn't some crappy franchise with no story here, ie. SMB, MK, SF or tomb raider. :mrgreen:

Seriously, RE franchise relies as heavily on story (infact the gameplay is very simple), then again so does Final Fantasy in that way... and that movie was probably a big let down to the fans too.

I mean look at those screenshots, for me that's what Resident Evil is all about, then look at the movie, and its about a smegging computer more than mutated freaks, mad scientists... although they got the umbrella bit I suppose.

I tell you wat, if i ever make enough films for a production house to give me a franchise, I'll ask for Resident Evil and do a hhah-proper :lol: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby bobbystills on Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:38 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
which i couldnt understand at the time haveing liked RE - this was b4 i was enlightened to tyrants

LOL... when you've finished laughing at us geeks :) , just think of it like "if people comment on how he's ruined it, the games must be something special".

:lol: lol
im not laughing that loud. if games like resident evil didnt strike me right off the back as work, id probably get just as obsessed w/ them as w/ movies. Im a succor for a good story and i sat thru most of final fantasy VIII(took my friend like 3 weeks to beat it but he had that book and cheated a bit), FF8 was pretty badass when it 1st came out. I think it was the last one b4 the movie came out so i was pretty let down by FF the movie - i was expecting alot more.
actually i was a bit obsessed w/ playing twisted metal2 for playstation 1. and i also remember playing bevis and but head, i think on my roomates sega in like 98, till it was beat. and b4 that i liked contra for the original nintendo and b4 that i used to like golden axe arcade style....

and as far as the RE story is concerened im definatly interested. i wish there was an ebook or sum other way to get the stories - im 2 lazy for games aside from yahoo pool and chess. Ive been listening to alot of ebooks as of late. Im finally getting used to hearing the female text to speech engine voice :wacky: be nice to hear sum RE stories
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:52 pm

actually i was a bit obsessed w/ playing twisted metal2 for playstation 1

I was a Carmageddon + PC man myself ;)

lol, well I think there was a "RE completed in under xyz" on torrent a while back, jump on the bandwagon that way... of course not as fun as playing. There was a comic too I think... choices choices! :lol: There's also a poorly written story guide:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/524/524138p1.html

RE movie is a messed up crap version of some of the backstory of RE2. Makes you want to chainsaw someone:

:mrgreen:

Anyway, thats enough RE for now I think :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:19 pm

One of the P2 Honor Guard?

Along with a P1 style (right) & new style (left).

Holy crap!!! The original human that the 'Bishop' android in Aliens was based off of!!! Charles Bishop Weyland. Yes, that is Lance Henriksen.

Great, a Queen!

Possibly the drop pod off the back end of the Predator ship? Same as the one used in P1.

Oh, & if you have an X-Box or PS2:
http://www.planetavp.com/avpextinction/info.shtml
http://www.planetavp.com/avpextinction/screenshots/
http://www.zono.com/avpe.html
http://eastore.ea.com/shopping/browse/d ... d=Predator
AvP Extinction - PS2 & X-Box
Looks like the StarshipTroopers RTS game doesn't it?

http://www.planetavp.com/predatorcj/info.shtml
AvP Concrete Jungle - PS2 & X-Box
October 19
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:02 pm

ffs, the queen looks like plastic again :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:16 am

again? resurrection?

edit: did you really watch the A3 and Resurrection Bonus Discs? cuz I have absolutely no motivation to do so. finally pulled them outta my dvd player after about 2 weeks.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:10 am

This one any better? She looks a bit cold. :twisted:
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:15 pm

dinky wrote:again? resurrection?

edit: did you really watch the A3 and Resurrection Bonus Discs? cuz I have absolutely no motivation to do so. finally pulled them outta my dvd player after about 2 weeks.

Yes I was referring to A4. They fucked up badly with the aliens in that. They even spray painted them the wrong colour, brown not black, and very plasticy and unreal. No wonder giger went off on one :lol: Infact, there's a guy they gave all the props to and with Alien4 they asked for the alien queen's head back. He said that they f*cked it up and it looked crap so he asked them to spray paint it back to how it was before they returned it :lol:

and yes I did watch them both (I've watched all the discs else I wouldn't criticise them :) ), Alien3 bonus disc is probably the best in the set because its the one with huge problems in its production and radical changes in script, crew and design. It's the most enjoyable to sit back and watch because they seemed to have a lot of problems making it, and that makes for a better documentry. Alien4 extras I wouldn't bother with. As I've said somewhere, its just preview and trailer material, probably taken straight from some fox news special or some crap hand fed review somewhere. Interviews are boring and uninsightful.

And finally
@merc, no, that looks way worse :( The whole set is too clean, although I have to say, it still looks a damn sight better than the queen in alien4, although it still looks like its some plasticy brown colour, and in the second picture, as though its been hit with liquid nitrogen :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:46 pm

:( those pix of the queen do look a bit wrong!
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:55 am

one of the trailers actually shows her standing reasonably erect, and she looked normal enough to me. 'course, the only thing I really noticed about being wrong in Resurrection was that she was sprawled out on her back and had a womb.
:-o :wacky:

although I did notice that all the aliens had exceptionally clean teeth and shiny noggins.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal