Aliens vs Predator (August 2004)

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:30 am

:evil: Late october :evil:

Why do the asian and south american regions get it before us ?

You release it in SE asia and the next day you'll be able to down 10 cams of it...

What i'm actually asking is : "why don't all flicks get a simultaneous worldwide release ?"

For it damn well IS achievable....
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:39 pm

money reasons i expect, if a film fails to make enough in america then probably wont make it over here, or if it does the amount of cinemas showing it will be reduced
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:30 pm

that's odd. I thought all the Alien</i> movies raked it in Europe, even the two that tanked in the US.

edit: also cuz the movie houses don't keep the reels. so the studios can reuse them in other regions with a staggered worldwide release.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:54 pm

edit: also cuz the movie houses don't keep the reels.

its really so i dont get hold of them and copy them :twisted: :lol:

plus im sure theres some huge money matter invovlved that is incredibly beneficial to them
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:58 pm

I was SOO hoping 'Alien4' was gonna be a descent movie & start out w/ Ripley waking up cause something going wrong on the ship & find out 'Alien³' was "Just a dream".
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:25 pm

personally i didnt think alien 4 was that bad, it was miles better then Alien³ imho
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:45 pm

I also preferred 4 to 3 until that stupid dumb looking hybrid showed up :eatthis:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:54 pm

Blade Runner wrote:I also preferred 4 to 3 until that stupid dumb looking hybrid showed up :eatthis:

:lol:

too true. too true. that was not a good idea. remined me of the guy in the suit at the end of Alien, except 10x the cheese factor at a point in time where make-up artestry and CGI are 10x better.

...although if they give birth and look like that, then maybe they have bone-structure as opposed to the exoskeleton-thingies that we learn about in HS biology with grasshoppers. suddenly the skull in Predator 2 isn't so anamolous. See? got us back in Pred-Alien mythology. snoogins.

:wink:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:00 pm

exoskeleton-thingies that we learn about in HS biology with grasshoppers

huh??? we never learnt anything things like that in my school although that may be because i was forever not paying attention as a really hot bird i had a crush on sat right opposite me, and the fact that joseph (who i sat next to) and me were forever listening to motorhead and black sabbath in our walkmans instead of paying attention to anything mr batty (yes that was his name) was saying :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm

:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby d0c on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:28 am

alien4 sucks BIG time.... bloody hollywood crap it is.... alien3 is a real good one and got even better when the directors cut did come out... i guess i put salt in yout meaty wounds but if you dont know what is the better of alien4 and alien3 it was needed thats for sure...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:47 am

lol or possibly im jsut not a huge alien fan in general, thus not caring that much hehe :lol: the films are ok, i wont put them in order of favourite tho as i really cant be arsed with everyone on the board starting a massive war with me about how my personal opinion doesnt conform so its of course wrong, not that im aiming that at any particular person :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:53 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:personally i didnt think alien 4 was that bad, it was miles better then Alien³ imho

Blade Runner wrote:I also preferred 4 to 3 until that stupid dumb looking hybrid showed up :eatthis:

d0c wrote:alien4 sucks BIG time.... bloody hollywood crap it is.... alien3 is a real good one and got even better when the directors cut did come out... i guess i put salt in yout meaty wounds but if you dont know what is the better of alien4 and alien3 it was needed thats for sure...

Really? Cause I agree w/ d0c in that 3 was better, overall that is. I have yet to see the DC version of 3. Was there one for 4 also?

maxpayne2409 wrote:lol or possibly im jsut not a huge alien fan in general, thus not caring that much hehe :lol: the films are ok, i wont put them in order of favourite tho as i really cant be arsed with everyone on the board starting a massive war with me about how my personal opinion doesnt conform so its of course wrong, not that im aiming that at any particular person :lol:

Or you could do what I do & not care WTF people you don't even know think of you. I know I don't. Hey, if people don't like me, they can go 'Suck on a Turd'!!!

Anyways, everything for AvP looks good so far except the teaser. I thought that was just effortless. I wonder if they're gonna adapt an idea from the AvP PC game? :twisted: If you're not sure what I mean, think Alien, w/ jowls. :mrgreen:
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:41 am

that's odd. I thought all the Alien movies raked it in Europe, even the two that tanked in the US.

Yes, absolutely shit loads on all counts.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:34 pm

Really? Cause I agree w/ d0c in that 3 was better, overall that is. I have yet to see the DC version of 3. Was there one for 4 also?

hmmm this throws my entire judgement of things completely out of whack, you disagreeing with d0c on everything was like.... well me and spud never agreeing :lol: its jsut the way of things

Or you could do what I do & not care WTF people you don't even know think of you. I know I don't. Hey, if people don't like me, they can go 'Suck on a Turd'!!!

believe me i dont give a fuck what ppl think lol thats why so many of my views are so controversial againt the rest :D aint that right spuddy ol buddy lol :beerchug: :eatthis:

anyway on the matter of my alien preferences as merc sed i dont care so here we go

1. Alien
2. Alien Resurrection (joint)
2. Aliens (joint)
4.alien3

you now witness the birth of ppl complaining
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:54 pm

:-o

did you see Aliens in theaters?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:37 pm

as i was only 4 when aliens came out i cant say i have lol :lol: ive not seen any in cinema but i have seen them all
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:55 pm

2. Aliens (joint)

:eatthis:

That's just wrong. :o Alien3 and 4 maybe, but 2 is wicked cool.

I've seen Alien and Alien:DC @ cinema if anyone cares. Was underaged for most of them though, so I couldn't see Alien3 or Aliens :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby d0c on Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:30 pm

i did see aliens 3 on cinema under the influence of fungus(fungus with mild lsd intoxication) and it was a very strange experince, every thing was very foggy and i did see double and strange rainbow colors. i laughted my ass of, when the guy did fall in the fan.... and i was the only one that laughed the rest of the ppl was dead silence... LOL.... what a trip... since then alien3 has been a special movie for me :beerchug:
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:35 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:hmmm this throws my entire judgement of things completely out of whack, you disagreeing with d0c on everything was like.... well me and spud never agreeing :lol: its jsut the way of things

Well, there's got to be exceptions to every rule, right d0c?

maxpayne2409 wrote:anyway on the matter of my alien preferences as merc sed i dont care so here we go

1. Alien
2. Aliens (joint)
4.alien3

you now witness the birth of ppl complaining

OMFG!!! Anyone got a link for that puking Emoticon?

dinky wrote:did you see Aliens in theaters?

YES!!! It was killer. :twisted:

spudthedestroyer wrote:That's just wrong. :o Alien3 and 4 maybe, but 2 is wicked cool.

I've seen Alien and Alien:DC @ cinema if anyone cares. Was underaged for most of them though, so I couldn't see Alien3 or Aliens :(

I totally agree! :mrgreen: I missed seeing the Alien DC on last Halloween in Hollywood.

d0c wrote:i did see aliens 3 on cinema under the influence of fungus(fungus with mild lsd intoxication) and it was a very strange experince, every thing was very foggy and i did see double and strange rainbow colors. i laughted my ass of, when the guy did fall in the fan.... and i was the only one that laughed the rest of the ppl was dead silence... LOL.... what a trip... since then alien3 has been a special movie for me :beerchug:

Well that definately explains ALOT. :lol:
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal