what's your favourite sci-fi movie?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Jynks on Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:14 pm

Young Frankenstein is fuckn great I think!! (Puttn on the ritz!! lol)

@spud - Brazil is a fantastic flick, though at risk of sounding silly I do not really class it as a "sci-fi" i know technicaly it is but I have a passion for wat I call distopia movies... most are set in the future so I guess they are scifi, but they all have a simular theme and feel distopia flicks... though the last one I asaw (equlibrium) was a lot more classiv scifi than the deep distopia stuff I luv.

Matrix is great the sequals SUX ending in matrix - revultions.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:02 am

my top favourite scifi film would be

they live (its just pure greatness)
back to the future trilogy (its just so difficult deciding which is best as theyre all perfect)
demolition man (i love this film)
Escape from L.A (comes joint place with demolition man)
terminator 2 (imo robert patrick played the bad terminator roll better then arnie)
highlander 1 (sort of scifi/fantasy)
Fortress (i like 80s lambert movies)
Mannequin (i realise i will be lynched for this lol, but to me its a great movie with partial scifi elements, great 80s actors, great 80s soundtrack, and its a good 80s feel good film - joint place with flight of the navigator)
flight of the navigator (sums up 80s scifi to me)
Total Recall (i love futuristicy mars - evil corporation things
the 5th element (everyone fits the part they were cast)
Superman I & II (as 2 is basically half of 1 i just class these as one long movie (as if theyre not long enough already :lol: )
star trek IV - the voyage home (just a class film with great comedy elements from all involved... whether they meant it or not :lol: )
Bill & teds excellent adventure (most excellent)
kate & leopald (it has time travel and ive got a thing for meg ryan :oops: )

i wouldnt put any matrix in the list, 2 and 3 were absolute shite, also while i do like the star wars trilogy theyre just pip'd to the post of making it into the list

i expect theres loads im forgetting but i could go on for days so ill cut it short at that

@spud - ive not seen brazil yet not had time
and equilibrium is a good film just beaten at the post, x2 was much better then xmen 1 tho
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby John_Doe on Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:16 am

glad to see Metropolis up there. Damn good film. Wonder why that hasn't been remade yet...?
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:49 am

@john doe No one has the gutz... be like making a remake of 2001.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:20 am

HAHAHA can u imagine that, they would probably replace all teh classical music with crap like the spice girls, or will young, or other talentless unsuitable hacks
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Blade Runner on Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:14 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:

HAHAHA can u imagine that, they would probably replace all teh classical music with crap like the spice girls, or will young, or other talentless unsuitable hacks

I have to turn the volume down when the music comes on, it winds me up, seems well out of place.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal