Raping the STAR WARS movies again! :(

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Raping the STAR WARS movies again! :(

Postby d0c on Wed May 26, 2004 1:51 am

read this...

Also this morning, I imagine by now many of you have seen the altered Return of the Jedi DVD screen shot posted yesterday over on Ain't it Cool News. While some sources are still hedging their bets... yes, we can confirm that this is authentic. It IS one of many changes that are being made to the original Star Wars films for the September 21st DVD release.

We've been saying for months now that there were going to be changes made to these films for DVD, and while many believed us, a number of Star Wars fans have e-mailed to say we must be on crack. Nevertheless, believe it or not, we know for a FACT that several more changes are being made to these films. Trust us on this - our contacts are in positions to know. Like it or not, the films we will get on DVD on 9/21 are NOT going to be the original theatrical versions and they're not going to be the 1997 special editions either. Even Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet has confirmed this, saying at the recent WonderCon convention that the films contained on the discs would be the incarnations of the films "as George Lucas sees them today."

this is taken from The Digital Bits

this is a fucking shame.... now the saga is totally destroyed... THANK YOU GEORGE LUCAS for putting your crappy cheap computer graphic in the star wars movies and makeing them look shit.. this is going to be worse than the 1997 re-release.... YOU dont think we will notice? you fucking retard!.... :rage:
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Bassline on Wed May 26, 2004 2:10 am

oh my :o

when will they learn?....reminds me of the remastered version of Red Dwarf..... :lol: i wonder if LucasArts can stick a few scutters over the top for good measure :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 3:25 am

I read about the changes last year, but I still can't believe they've gone ahead and done them :o

Well if this is genuine, then I can say that when vader's mask comes off @ the end of jedi, the actor will be replaced (because the age difference is too great). I can't remember what the other changes were. I did read that greedo won't shoot first this time.

So looks like everyone will be in a rush to download the special edition DVDrs along with the originals now :lol: Seen as though we won't see neither.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 3:28 am

Okay... is it just me, or do you get the feeling Yoda and Obi-Wan are looking at Young Anakin and wondering why he gets to be pretty for all eternity when he was the one who fucked things up in the first place? “Wait... I’d like to look like Ewan McGregor again. Hello? Is this thing on?!”
This strikes me as one of those changes that Lucas is making just for the sake of making it. I know my co-writer can’t wait to get his hands on the new DVDs, but between the further changes and the stuff I’ve been hearing about the rather drastic cuts that have already been made to the Kevin Burns documentary, the whole thing seems a little underwhelming.

Harry here... FUCKING RETARDED MONKEY BOY! What the Fuck Is That? I see, Sebastian Shaw isn't famous enough to be treated with the respect of a FUCKING PUPPET or ALEC GUINNESS!!!!! Oh - and that George isn't even the fucking director of this thing - This is OUTRAGEOUS! When Kevin Smith sees this he'll be shitting blood for weeks. Sigh... breathe... I see it totally makes sense... cuz it wasn't like that fucking shot was LAME AS HELL to begin with... Oh no, Lucas has managed to figure out how to out suck the dimmest of lights from RETURN OF THE JEDI. He's the fucking BLACK HOLE! If you try applying logic to that image, you'll short circuit in a Logic Circle like Robby The Robot trying to melt Leslie Nielsen's Brain! One friend of mine - after screaming about wishing Lucas' early autopsy, decided he would rather wish that George get a mop job at Wal-Mart. I don't think he could screw that up! --- Just dawned on me. You realize that Mark Hamill's Luke is now looking at the teenager version of his Father - whose ghostly image is younger than him or his sister? That's RETARDED!!!! I mean - with the reverse - it's gonna look even lamer!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed May 26, 2004 3:40 am

Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby d0c on Wed May 26, 2004 10:55 am

i will for sure not buy this new starwars trilogy soap opera.. i will download but thats it... and to jynks that simpsons just says it all...
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 3:10 pm

I'm going to buy it, after all there's pretty much f*ck all they can change in Empire Strikes Back which is leagues and oceans better than the other two. I do hear they are putting the heavily makeuped Ian McDaddy in ESB though, for the two seconds or so that he appears. That was always something that stood out in ESB, the emporer just didn't look right.

Still I don't condone any changes :matrix:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby El Mariachi on Wed May 26, 2004 5:31 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Still I don't condone any changes :matrix:

you have the power, make them stop :D

When I first downloaded a nice digital version of ROTJ I noticed the animated band in Jabba's palace and then I saw the ending and EWWW the music, what did they do to it.... it was awful... entire feeling gone.

it HAS to be an 80's movie and not an 80's/90's/21stcentury movie.
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 7:25 pm

I think that the end of Return of the Jedi will be changed again... or I pray to our lord, Darth Vader, that its been changed.

How can they cut out "Naku, naku... tak tak!"... f*ck the beetles, we want the ewok song!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby El Mariachi on Wed May 26, 2004 7:53 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:How can they cut out "Naku, naku... tak tak!"... f*ck the beetles, we want the ewok song!

damn right we want.
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Wed May 26, 2004 8:52 pm

I thought ROTJ was completely ruined when they dispensed with the yub nub song...and now this?!

I'm going to get the box set as well though :)

there's pretty much f*ck all they can change in Empire Strikes Back

ARE YOU CRAZY!!! Don't put the wammy on it man!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 9:14 pm

no really, Empire Strikes Back was such a tight film, one of the reasons why its stands out as a clear best in the trilogy. I mean the only changes were minor, like making the cockpits non-see through and opening a window in cloud city. I can see the buggers putting Ian McDaddy in as the emporer, but I can't think of anything off hand that they can change. Oh apart from that scream they added to Luke jumping off the ledge... that was wrong on so many levels. However, hopefully they'll take that back out.

As far as the other two, changes were significant. A New Hope has all of the Mos Esleys bit redone with a few more skutters, and I hear that they are redoing the Obi Wan/ Darth Vader fight :o I hate those f*cking explosion rim thingys they put on the death star exploding! It's so retarded having those in a vacuum :roll:

Return had the ending total redone, as well as the bit in Flabba's palace.

Damn I hope he doesn't decide that there should be some ewoks on dagobah or something crazey! :o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby d0c on Wed May 26, 2004 9:47 pm

after i read what spud did type i am very angry :rage: :rage: :rage: my blood pump cant take it no more... we must beat some sence into this guy called george lucas, before its to late... he is going to fuck it up beyond repair... its to sad... now the next geneneration will not see what the starwars is all about... i will never buy this new starwars crap! then the idiot will think he has done a good work and thats why it sells... stuff the new trilogy up ur arse lucas!! :rage: :rage: :rage:
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Wed May 26, 2004 9:52 pm

Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Wed May 26, 2004 10:16 pm

I hate those f*cking explosion rim thingys they put on the death star exploding! It's so retarded having those in a vacuum

Ditto!!! that is SOOOOO crap.

its to sad... now the next geneneration will not see what the starwars is all about.

Well grab the emule dvdr files for the original UNEDITED trilogy and at least your courner of the universe can be pure!!

I mean I have always said "bring on sequals if you can't think of anything new, for no matter how bad a sequal is it dosn't ruin the original work" I'd rather see a crap re-animator 4 than some bollocks like Swimfan or the like. But the crapness of 3 dosn't ruin 1 in any way...

So after the initial shock and disgust about the ediits of these films I am al calm now cause i have a copy of the originals... if I didn't have them then it would be a diffrent story!!! (on dvd I mean got em on that last ever vhs release they did)

Empire Strikes Back was such a tight film

No question about it that that is the best film of the lot. I read a great artical in a movie mag when ep 1 was getting all that press prior to release. They re-interviewed all the old directors and Irvin Kershner said he really wanted to do jedi but had disagrements with lucus about the ending of the movie on the endor. He also said that when he saw it he was "mortified" that they showed darth's face... I can not rember the exact quote but he basicaly said it was a travisty to show the face in anyway.

PS - Interesting thing to note "ENDOR" is Sindarin (Language of the Gray Elves for "Middle Earth" (not that the starwars saga was inspired by lotrs or anything!!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Wed May 26, 2004 10:17 pm

has anyone got some links for the tarted up versions
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 10:40 pm

No question about it that that is the best film of the lot. I read a great artical in a movie mag when ep 1 was getting all that press prior to release. They re-interviewed all the old directors and Irvin Kershner said he really wanted to do jedi but had disagrements with lucus about the ending of the movie on the endor. He also said that when he saw it he was "mortified" that they showed darth's face... I can not rember the exact quote but he basicaly said it was a travisty to show the face in anyway.

That guy knew what he was talking about, although its an emotional moment and all, I would have thought it could have been handled better... although vader turning was just the biz @ the end of Jedi. To be honest I didn't mind Jedi as much as eveyone else seems to... I thought the editing between endor's moon and the light saber duel and space battle was excellent. Sure the ewoks suck, but that battle is the biz and vader and luke, although no overly acrobatic feat. of swordplay, hit the spot. It's always ragged on, but it wasn't that bad.

Empire is a clear best for me, some people hold onto anh, but I find that one doesn't settle right, and its story and scenes just aren't up to scratch on Empire.

(empire is my all time, all genre favourite :) the others don't fair quite so high, but they are still pretty high up) :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby d0c on Wed May 26, 2004 10:51 pm

look here another fuck up.... what have they done to the poor emporer in that shot :rage: this is the michael jackson face changes happening to star wars...

d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 26, 2004 11:05 pm

for the poor people who don't use IRC:

[23:34] <d0c> i was so angry after i read spuds last post about the starwars that i killed mu keyboard, thank god i have a spare
[23:35] <Jynks> lol
[23:35] <Jynks> Like I said in the post I have loast my agnst about it now i have my dvdrs of the original set
[23:36] <d0c> i am calm now but there is a mark in the wall where the keyboard hit the wall
[23:36] <d0c> i dont have dose yet
[23:36] <Jynks> I feel you pain then
[23:37] <d0c> ok
[23:37] <Jynks> I rember it well
[23:37] <d0c> ok
[23:37] <SpudTheDestroyer> was it the ewoks on dagobah comment? :D
[23:38] <d0c> i am not sure...
[23:38] <d0c> maybe both
[23:38] <Jynks> Spuds kiddn ya doc.. aint no woks on dagobah
[23:38] <Jynks> ... .. . I hope
[23:39] <SpudTheDestroyer> about the obi/vader fight
[23:39] <d0c> they are gonna put a new face on him
[23:39] <SpudTheDestroyer> unfortunately no, it was in the same rumour news I read with the Anakin being replaced
[23:39] <SpudTheDestroyer> and the vader's face replacement
[23:39] <SpudTheDestroyer> one sec i'll dig it up
[23:39] <d0c> yes
[23:39] <d0c> bloody asses
[23:39] <Jynks> wounder wat that is all about.. I mean how far can they tweak that? Hope it isn't a reshoot the fight
[23:40] <d0c> they cant
[23:40] <d0c> it will look crap anyway
[23:40] <Maxpayne2409> its george lucas he doesnt care
[23:40] <Maxpayne2409> he knows if its got star wars on teh box idiots will buy iy
[23:40] <Maxpayne2409> it*
[23:40] <d0c> but tight ass lucas dont under stand that
[23:40] <Maxpayne2409> so he can do what he likes to it
[23:40] *** Signoff: Falcon (Ping timeout)
[23:40] *** Bob is now known as Falcon
[23:40] <Maxpayne2409> nothing we can do
[23:40] <Maxpayne2409> unfortunately
[23:41] <d0c> yes your rigth max so i am not gonna buy it...
[23:41] <Maxpayne2409> im not gonna either
[23:41] <d0c> i am gonna download it
[23:41] <Maxpayne2409> ive never bought a star wars movie yet
[23:41] <d0c> onlu
[23:41] <d0c> only
[23:41] <Maxpayne2409> on dvd i mean
[23:41] <Maxpayne2409> naturally i ahve the originals on vhs
[23:42] <d0c> its the 3 oldest that is worth buying but they are not for sale on dvd with 5.1 sound
[23:42] *** Signoff: Paul-Scream22[STR] (Quit: —I-n-v-i-s-i-o-n— 2.0 Build 3515)
[23:42] <SpudTheDestroyer> http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/ ... patine.jpg what have they done to the poor emporer in that shot :(
[23:43] <d0c> the newest crap starwars lucas can put there the sun dont shine
[23:43] <Maxpayne2409> u know what i hate
[23:43] <Maxpayne2409> ppl who moan on and on about how crap teh new star wars are
[23:43] <Jynks> mabey in the ew jedi they replace the woman axillary balloon core with a legion of his best troops
[23:43] <Maxpayne2409> and then buy them both on dvd
[23:43] <Maxpayne2409> :@
[23:44] <d0c> is there more pictures?
[23:44] *** poop (~7sinz@sinner.7sinz.net) has joined channel #Horror_Has_A_Home
[23:44] *** Mode change "+v poop" for channel #Horror_Has_A_Home by HHAH-Imdb
[23:44] *** Signoff: caNcer_b0y (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by poop)))
[23:44] *** poop is now known as caNcer_b0y
[23:44] <Maxpayne2409> that new palpatine looks right gay
[23:45] <SpudTheDestroyer> hehe its Ian McDaddy though
[23:45] <SpudTheDestroyer> so at least he'll sound the same
[23:45] <SpudTheDestroyer> as he does in jedi
[23:45] <Maxpayne2409> it still doesnt cut it with me
[23:45] <Maxpayne2409> i used to have a computer teacher looked like teh emperor
[23:45] <SpudTheDestroyer> We've heard from a number of interesting (and we believe reliable) inside sources that Lucasfilm is currently making major new changes to the original Star Wars films - the kind of changes he began a few years ago with the theatrical "Special Edition" releases. These changes include new special effects, revised and updated shots and scenes, and new footage shot with actors Hayden Christensen (Anakin) and Ian McDiarmid (the Emperor) that would flesh out moments with their characters in the original films. For example, an aged and scarred Hayden now appears as Anakin at the end of Return of the Jedi when Luke removes Vader's helmet. Among the other changes reportedly being made are the restoration of the original "Han shoots first" moment from Star Wars and a revamped lightsaber fight between Obi-Wan and Vader
[23:45] <Maxpayne2409> hence y i used to call her emperor
[23:46] <SpudTheDestroyer> well at least han shoots first
[23:46] <Jynks> ??
[23:46] <Jynks> they have changed that back?
[23:46] <SpudTheDestroyer> http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=2412
[23:46] <SpudTheDestroyer> old article
[23:47] <SpudTheDestroyer> but it seems that the rumours were true
[23:47] <SpudTheDestroyer> and they came from the same source
[23:47] <SpudTheDestroyer> so it seems that han shoots first and Obi-wan and vader fight is reshot
[23:47] <SpudTheDestroyer> or redited
[23:48] <Jynks> nvr been t ocomingsoon site b4.. looks like a good one
[23:49] <SpudTheDestroyer> wat all this news fills me with is a concern for the extras on the DVD
[23:49] <SpudTheDestroyer> I really hope they aren't documentries about these new effects
[23:49] <d0c> this is the michal jackson face changes happening to star wars
[23:50] <SpudTheDestroyer> and how they were added]
[23:50] <SpudTheDestroyer> because no1 gives a toss
[23:50] <Jynks> I think that is wat a lot of it will be
[23:50] <Jynks> doc --> LOL
[23:50] <SpudTheDestroyer> :(
[23:50] <d0c> its going to be ugly
[23:50] <Maxpayne2409> i can jsut imagine the directors commentary now
[23:50] <d0c> hehe me to
[23:50] <SpudTheDestroyer> i haven't listened to the ones on the other starwars discs
[23:50] <SpudTheDestroyer> are they any good?
[23:51] <Maxpayne2409> "well in this scene i decided i could sponge more money out of ignorant pricks we call "mainstream customers" by changing scenes around to pour money straight into my bearded pocket
[23:51] <SpudTheDestroyer> at least carrie fisher might be able to talk about the originals
[23:51] <Jynks> My mate had a list of the extras (rummored list) do not have a link but said that there were special effect docs, added docs, new interviews with cast a "starwars pop culture" doco
[23:52] <Jynks> plus commentaries, though they focus on the edits
[23:52] <SpudTheDestroyer> Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy. This two-and-a-half hour documentary traces the evolution of the saga, from a low-budget labor-of-love space saga to the movie phenomenon that defied the odds and reinvented the rules.
[23:52] <Maxpayne2409> just wait till you see his new take on e.t where he turns e.t from an alien into an asylum seeker from iraq so it fits better into modern times :P
[23:52] <SpudTheDestroyer> Episode III Behind the Scenes Preview: The Return of Darth Vader:
[23:53] <SpudTheDestroyer> The Birth of the Lightsaber:
[23:53] <SpudTheDestroyer> The Characters of Star Wars
[23:53] <SpudTheDestroyer> The Force Is With Them: The Legacy of Star Wars: Star Wars opened up a galaxy of possibilities to a generation of filmmakers and creative talents. Hear from some of the most notable filmmakers of our time about how influential the Star Wars movies have been to their lives.
[23:53] <SpudTheDestroyer> and a demo of Starwars battlefront for the xbox
[23:53] <Jynks> doc Blue Murder ---> http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic. ... 8986#48986
[23:54] <SpudTheDestroyer> @max, et has been replaced by a walkie talkie
[23:54] <Jynks> hehe hehe.. lub games released on Xbox... just a trip to the vid store and you got em :)
[23:54] <Maxpayne2409> maybe he will be replaced with a nokia so he can phone home netime he wants with a variety of well advertised tarriffs
[23:54] <Maxpayne2409> in E.T 3210
[23:55] <Maxpayne2409> hehe
[23:55] <d0c> thanks jynks
[23:55] <Jynks> np
[23:55] <SpudTheDestroyer> @jynks, not worth paying for many games nowaday, rental price let alone retail
[23:55] <Jynks> I'll post part 2 when it is ready
[23:55] <Jynks> ditto
[23:55] <SpudTheDestroyer> but this star wars is meant to be starwars + battlefield 1942
[23:55] <SpudTheDestroyer> and aparantly there are like demi-gods
[23:56] <Maxpayne2409> lol
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> that are AI and enter the game randomly
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> like Vader
[23:56] <Maxpayne2409> demi moore is in it :P
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> or Luke
[23:56] <Jynks> fps shooter star wars ended with dark forces
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> and they kill everything then leave
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> Jedi Knight II ruled
[23:56] <Jynks> phffft
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> and Jedi Knight
[23:56] <Maxpayne2409> i also enjoyed jedi knight 2
[23:56] <SpudTheDestroyer> those games were so cool
[23:56] <Maxpayne2409> but jedi academy was gay
[23:57] <Maxpayne2409> it wouldnt even run
[23:57] <Maxpayne2409> as there was a bug
[23:57] <Maxpayne2409> which was nice
[23:57] <SpudTheDestroyer> Dark Forces 1 was so ropey lol
[23:57] <Maxpayne2409> i know the update fixed it but no1 released a crack
[23:57] <Maxpayne2409> lol
[23:57] <SpudTheDestroyer> Jedi Knight was top class when that came out
[23:57] <Maxpayne2409> plus by that time id lost interest
[23:57] <Jynks> yea but I PLAYED games all the time then.. now I sort just keep an ear to the ground and load em up to check the GFX...
[23:58] <Maxpayne2409> i have played loads of games since 87 i think
[23:58] <Maxpayne2409> somewhere around then
[23:58] <SpudTheDestroyer> hehe, okay I think i might let ewan off the hook (not for the accent though)
[23:58] <SpudTheDestroyer> http://www.supershadows.com/starwars/pi ... kenobi.jpg
[23:58] <SpudTheDestroyer> :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu May 27, 2004 3:52 am

it is frustrating that he can't just release the theatrical version on dvd. hell, make us buy the souped-up version and include the original instead of the obligatory FS version. clearly, the man is interested in what he</i> is interested in, and the rest of the world be damned. for most studio movies, I'd say great; wish more movies were made that way. but some of the shit he comes up with is too inane for my dog's chew toy. the only thing missing from TPM was a little yellow rubber ducky, which isn't very far off from the Naboo fighters. iunno. fuck'im. I'm over it.

:matrix:

*AWESOME emoticon!*
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal