Raping the STAR WARS movies again! :(

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby mw2merc on Mon May 31, 2004 7:10 am

Stupid Mother Fucking Shitheads!!! To any possible :matrix: ILM/Lucas paid buttnuggets, let Lucas know we'll burn in hell before buying this shit. So Spud, don't go buy this crap. Release the ORIGINALS with the THX audio, ALL 4 Making Ofs, and any additional cool bonus stuff, then we'll fork over our HARD EARNED cash. Till then, fuck off! :evil:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 31, 2004 7:58 am

There's a 1cd xvid rip over @ fh that's labbelled a DVDscr (apparantly the screener doesn't even have an AC3 track on it)... anyway, that is just the standard run of the mill 1997 version. Whether the group got it right or not and it is actually the DVDscr of the disc out this year is another question ;)

Anyway, here's a leaked screen from the cantina in Ep IV, neither han or greedo shoot first... Jar Jar does:
Image
:mrgreen: :lol: :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:47 pm
Location: Royal Britannia

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 31, 2004 7:59 am

Release the ORIGINALS with the THX audio, ALL 4 Making Ofs, and any additional cool bonus stuff, then we'll fork over our HARD EARNED cash. Till then, fuck off!


There's ten hours of bonus stuff in the current DVDs... I doubt that includes the commentries too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:47 pm
Location: Royal Britannia

Postby mw2merc on Mon May 31, 2004 8:10 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Anyway, here's a leaked screen from the cantina in Ep IV, neither han or greedo shoot first... Jar Jar does :mrgreen: :lol: :wacky:

OMFG!!! Well, hopefully Greedo does shoot first & shoot Jar Jar in the face.

spudthedestroyer wrote:There's ten hours of bonus stuff in the current DVDs... I doubt that includes the commentries too.

If it's anything like we're seeing in the 'edited' versions, it's just gonna be MORE crap. Any listing of what's supposedly on the DVDs from a RELIABLE source?
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby El Mariachi on Mon May 31, 2004 6:26 pm

I got some questions

Image

Darth Vader was old, he's dead and his "spirit" is young
Obi Wan was old, he's dead and his "spirit" is old?

WTF, why isn't Obi Wan replaced by Ewan... did they run out of money?

Either both stay old or both go young... this doesn't make any sense.

Also, anyone familiar with T2: Ultimate Edition? I have it.
It has T2 in 3 different versions on one disc + A LOT of extras.
Why can't Lucas do the same, have special editions + old versions on 1 DISC.

What a mofo
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
User avatar
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 7:29 am
Location: A galaxy far far away

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 31, 2004 7:14 pm

Well apparantly, if the picture is accurate, its reflecting the fact that the actor that played anakin has been totally removed, when vader's mask comes off its aparantly hayden too. It could be returning to a time when they were last on the light side (as sith can't come back) so you could read some sense into it at a stretch :lol:

lol, a read a thread (same forum as Obi-Wan having a drink before he uses his lightsaber) that anakin dies in episode 3 and the emporer not only 'saves' him but brings him back to life... yes they are nut cases :lol:

However, logic has long escaped Lucas' edits... even the 1997 ones make little sense!

I've read lots of fanboy analysis of that photoshop... is it fake, is it not, why's it real, why isn't it. Quite frankly no1 knows. Either way, its a good job in photoshop :lol:

And the old-new DVD thing is nothing new, Criterion Brazil has the version of brazil that's terrible and the director's cut, the alien Legacy has both, Wickerman has both, etc. Its just lucas being a tit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:47 pm
Location: Royal Britannia

Postby d0c on Mon May 31, 2004 10:56 pm

i am still shocked.... i am not gonna watch this crap and i am not gonna buy the new crap, thats for sure.. lucas aint getting my money. i hope he go bankrupt after this.... lucas kiss this -> :moon:
User avatar
d0c
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:23 am

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:21 am

lucas is a fucking dickfaced retard, what do i think to him?, i HATE HIM, i wish he was dead and would fall on a spike, now move out of my way otherwise georgey porgey Lucas will bum you both senseless :moon: , now move out of my way your in my way

do u know another gay thing (not lucas but still causes the public to be f'ed in the a) has anyone got terminator 3 ex rental and terminator 3 retail, notice any difference? nearly all the extras that were on the rental are removed for retail, aint that nice of them, i mean ok its not the same level as changing a all time classic movie but its kinda the same thing
User avatar
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:36 pm

weird. I've never noticed any difference in rentals from retail discs. that happen with anything else? :?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
User avatar
dinky
"Beyond Simple"
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:00 am

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:50 pm

seems to happen witha lot fo ex rentals, usually though its just the trailers on teh rental and not on teh retail but sometimes its something big like with T3, an instance of a small one, my tremors 3 ex rental has the trailer on and a few interviews and stuff, but my mates retail has trailer only
User avatar
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:08 pm

El Mariachi wrote:Darth Vader was old, he's dead and his "spirit" is young
Obi Wan was old, he's dead and his "spirit" is old?

WTF, why isn't Obi Wan replaced by Ewan... did they run out of money?

Either both stay old or both go young... this doesn't make any sense.

They should be the age where they died. Like in Highlander, the Immortals ALL remain the age wherer they died.

El Mariachi wrote:Also, anyone familiar with T2: Ultimate Edition? I have it.
It has T2 in 3 different versions on one disc + A LOT of extras.
Why can't Lucas do the same, have special editions + old versions on 1 DISC.

Yes, this has got to be one of the BEST made DVDs.

1 - Multiple versions
2 - Lots of GOOD extras
3 - Best Menu ever!!!

El Mariachi wrote:What a mofo

Yes, yes he is. Oh, did anyone here know that if you work for ILM, you're required to sign an agreement that ANYTHING you create, durring working for them even away from work, is owned by them? I wanted to work for them for some time till I found that out.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:22 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I've read lots of fanboy analysis of that photoshop... is it fake, is it not, why's it real, why isn't it. Quite frankly no1 knows. Either way, its a good job in photoshop :lol:

Like I said, any LEGIT info? I don't trust that picture anyways as it's NOT from StarWars.com.

spudthedestroyer wrote:And the old-new DVD thing is nothing new, Criterion Brazil has the version of brazil that's terrible and the director's cut, the alien Legacy has both, Wickerman has both, etc. Its just lucas being a tit.

Yeah, ALOT of DVDs are just so lame. Want really makes me laugh, are the ones that have a menu system just for the trailer & main movie. Plus all those stupid Disney/other kid related DVDs that have TONS of previews for other movies. My roomate pleaded with me to backup his Hulk w/ ONLY the main movie.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:23 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:do u know another gay thing (not lucas but still causes the public to be f'ed in the a) has anyone got terminator 3 ex rental and terminator 3 retail, notice any difference? nearly all the extras that were on the rental are removed for retail, aint that nice of them, i mean ok its not the same level as changing a all time classic movie but its kinda the same thing

Didn't know/haven't seen/heard about that. An interesting thing to look into.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby mw2merc on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:36 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:seems to happen witha lot fo ex rentals, usually though its just the trailers on teh rental and not on teh retail but sometimes its something big like with T3, an instance of a small one, my tremors 3 ex rental has the trailer on and a few interviews and stuff, but my mates retail has trailer only

Sounds similar to the LotR movie releases Theatrical & Extended Editions. Amazon lists T3 as:

DVD Features:

Commentary by actors Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl, Claire Danes, Kristanna Loken and Director Jonathan Mostow

Commentary by director Jonathan Mostow

Introduction by Arnold Schwarzenegger
"HBO First Look" Behind-the-scenes feature
On location feature
Sgt. Candy Scene: new footage
Visual Effects Lab: Build your own effect sequence
Sky Net Database: profiles of characters, weaponry and vehicles
Terminator Timeline
Terminal Flaws: Gag reel
Storyboard gallery
Costume [/b]feature[/b]
Trailers
Widescreen Anamorphic Edition OR Full Screen Edition

Number of discs: 2
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:23 pm

mw2merc wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:seems to happen witha lot fo ex rentals, usually though its just the trailers on teh rental and not on teh retail but sometimes its something big like with T3, an instance of a small one, my tremors 3 ex rental has the trailer on and a few interviews and stuff, but my mates retail has trailer only

Sounds similar to the LotR movie releases Theatrical & Extended Editions. Amazon lists T3 as:

DVD Features:

Commentary by actors Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl, Claire Danes, Kristanna Loken and Director Jonathan Mostow

Commentary by director Jonathan Mostow

Introduction by Arnold Schwarzenegger
"HBO First Look" Behind-the-scenes feature
On location feature
Sgt. Candy Scene: new footage
Visual Effects Lab: Build your own effect sequence
Sky Net Database: profiles of characters, weaponry and vehicles
Terminator Timeline
Terminal Flaws: Gag reel
Storyboard gallery
Costume [/b]feature[/b]
Trailers
Widescreen Anamorphic Edition OR Full Screen Edition

Number of discs: 2


hhmmmmm must just be a uk thing where they leave extras in rental and take them out of retail, figures :evil:
User avatar
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:55 pm

true. but you're a lot closer to the prime meridian.

:mrgreen:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
User avatar
dinky
"Beyond Simple"
 
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:00 am

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:16 pm

if by prime meridian you mean tony "my mum couldnt get no contraception" blair..... :lol:
User avatar
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe
 
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby mw2merc on Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:03 pm

Star Wars Trilogy (Widescreen Edition)
Image
DVD Features:

Episode IV, A New Hope - Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back - Commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Episode VI, Return of the Jedi - Commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher

Bonus disc: all-new bonus features, including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced on the Star Wars saga, and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films

Widescreen anamorphic format
Number of discs: 4

Availabile on September 21, 2004 for $41.99



Anyone else just want the Bonus Disc???
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:20 pm
Location: NOT Smog Capital, California, USA

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:22 am

Anyone else just want the Bonus Disc???


Nope I want them all. What ever they do to empire its still one of the best films ever made, dewbacks or not :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:47 pm
Location: Royal Britannia

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest