Farscape comic #1 sells out in 5 days

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Farscape comic #1 sells out in 5 days

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm not a comic person, but shit... news articles are reporting its shifted way beyond what was expected:

http://blog.boom-studios.net/2008/12/fa ... in-5-days/

[quote]After garnering near unanimous critical acclaim, BOOM! Studios announced today that FARSCAPE #1 is completely sold out.

Fans should keep in mind, while distributor Diamond Comics are completely sold out, Farscape #1 may still be found at direct market retailers across the country. BOOM! Studios is working closely with Diamond Comics Distributors and evaluating the demand for a second printing.
“We are tracking the unfilled re-orders carefully at the moment. But a second printing looks like it may just happen,??
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Re: Farscape comic #1 sells out in 5 days

Postby dinky on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I just checked Diamond. the 2nd printing is listed as "backordered not stocked" and shipped on 2/4/2009.

also found this, which hasn't shipped yet:

FARSCAPE: Strange Detractors #1
(W) Rockne S. O'Bannon, Keith R.A. DeCandido (A) Will Sliney
Television's science fiction masterpiece Farscape continues! After the events on Hyneria, the crew of Moya find themselves in the midst of a new, mysterious menace. But the crew will learn that their greatest enemies might just be themselves! With covers by Joe Corroney and Dennis Calero.

this isn't surprising. the DVDs are a hot commodity, and they've gone through a few releases - Starburst Editions being the most recent to be impossible to find.

edit: just realized there are 2 more comic series as well: DARGOS LAMENT and CHALLENGERS. both haven't shipped yet. to lazy to throw up covers & info.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Yeah, only part one of the first comic has been released and its been a mega-hit. They are scrambling to get some more pushed out.

Its written by the tv series writers so is considered cannon (Rockne is the show's creator).

They apparantly tie in with the webisodes scifi has commisioned.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:08 pm

bah. I hate all that shit. not that it's not cannon or quality or whatnot. but I refuse to chase after shit in 10 different mediums. capitalism 101: they compete for my business. not vice versa. don't even get me started on "easter eggs" in DVDs. :lol:

edit: unless you're a collector, wait for the TP.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:24 am

I don't really see the appeal of comics myself.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal