Let it be settled once and for all : Alien 3 or Alien 4 ?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:27 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:i'd trade in the xbox live and just download a series of pc games

imma console kinda guy. george costanza had 'friends world' and 'girlfriends world.' dinky has 'console world' and 'PC world.' :D
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:52 am

I'm very surprised to see Alien4 get so many votes

Ditto
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby KOSH on Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:07 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:hey jynks, you just levied the vote, now all we need are more rational people to vote :)

>>>>SSSHHHH>> NO !.....<<Hsssss <<<<

*hovers off *
KOSH
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mw2merc on Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:17 pm

I think someone's cheating.

Spud, is there a way to make phpbb keep track of people's votes? So the original poster & MODs can see who voted &/or keep people from voting 2x?
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:59 am

you can only vote once... there is a mod that will display who has voted for mods and admins but it kinda defeats the point of a anon voteing system
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:04 pm

that doesn't work for people with multiple accounts, and I know a few people do

For example KOSH is ohgo :roll: Way to null your own topic ohgo :eatthis: -2 votes from Alien: Resurrection... I really didn't think anyone would be that sad.

So I guess this topic is total frellbait, kind of defeats the point people, not if you can't take the result :matrix:

edit: another quick lookup and Max is slaphappy, although no foulplay there. BTW, there is a board rule against multiple accounts for this reason (unless its a mask for releasers, where its fair game). Please don't register more than one account, if you have something to say, don't hide behind a fake account and do it. I can't stand it when some loser do this over at fileheaven, its kind of sad actually, there are some unnamed people over there that use another account to backup their point of view :roll:
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:21 pm

okay checking the database, a certain ip userhash appears twice, the person who voted first and last (for alien4)... doesn't seem to be any foulplay elsewhere.

shame on you ohgo! :matrix:

Let it be settled once and for all : Alien 3 or Alien 4 ?

Yeah right, this is crooked as the Zimbabwe general elections :lol:

"fair"play would move this vote back to neck and neck, but even then, there's nothing to garantee that no1 else has been cheating... I would have thought no1 would do that but obviously, I was wrong :o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:18 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:that BTW, there is a board rule against multiple accounts for this reason (unless its a mask for releasers, where its fair game). Please don't register more than one account, if you have something to say, don't hide behind a fake account and do it. I can't stand it when some loser do this over at fileheaven, its kind of sad actually, there are some unnamed people over there that use another account to backup their point of view :roll:

aww c'mmon. who who who? just one of their nick's? I'll be your best friennnnnnnnnnnnd. :D
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:45 pm

edit: another quick lookup and Max is slaphappy, although no foulplay there

slaphappy was created as a joke cooked up by me and then d0c said i should make slap_happy a user account to bring a little humour to the board, certainly not for voting twice, i dont care about the alien movies enough to cheat :wacky:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby mw2merc on Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:17 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:that doesn't work for people with multiple accounts, and I know a few people do

For example KOSH is ohgo :roll: Way to null your own topic ohgo :eatthis: -2 votes from Alien: Resurrection... I really didn't think anyone would be that sad.

So I guess this topic is total frellbait, kind of defeats the point people, not if you can't take the result :matrix:

KOSH/ohgo, you suck!
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:46 pm

The benefit of the doubt could be given, if say, he has multiple personality disorder. But the law of averages says both of them aren't daft enough to vote for Alien: Ressurection :lol:

Anyway, at least it wasn't as crooked as the postal voting here in the uk was according to the papers :lol:

Not voting for Labour? These votes must be false! :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:50 pm

Note sure which is worse, voting & someone votes a second time, or like Florida, not being able to count the votes right.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:29 pm

hehe those postal votes were more crooked then the crooked man who won this years mr crooked of the united kingdom of crookedness competition in crookingdon wells

as far as florida is concerned, well dont be too harsh on them, after all bush was involved so naturally his party were let out of the retard clinic as a special election treat
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:46 pm

Major League Baseball fan balloting for all stars is worse. they allow everybody 25 votes, then encourage you to vote 25 times. wtf? to inflate the vote? So now a guy who hasn't played 5 games all year is going to start in the all star game cuz a buncha jerkoffs in boston stuffed 25 ballots per person for Nomar? wtf? does he have beer flavored sweat or something? I mean...at least in Florida something went wrong</i>. this shit is considered normal!
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:52 pm

thats way out of my (no pun intended) league over here in england hehe
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:26 pm

Ahh....shut up you tight arsed ant fuckers ! :P

The appearance of <Hummmmmm> KOSH </Hummmmm> was just a retaliation for spud's provocation of calling Alien 3 voters "rational" :P

You know I could have just voted twice from the start but I didn't ....

Just became weak and gave in to my passionate disgust of part 3 (TORCH IT :matrix: !)

I don't use the 2nd ID for racial/religious/political flaming....

And no I don't have a second ID at fileheaven , but I do have another on HHAH....

Regulars know it , I don't hide it , nor do I mention it....

If you still feel offended , feel free to swallow a hedgehog .....
For frankly I can only laugh at how heavy some people weigh this......
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:37 pm

heavy, tight arsed? :lol: You want to re-read em...

I think everyones laughing at you for getting rumbled or rolling the eyes at how retarded the poll is :lol: ;)

dinky, that does sound retarded :o or are their 25 people on a team or something? Maybe if it was one ballot paper to select a team or something.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:54 pm

here's a link to the story. the world seems to have temporarily righted - except Jeter isn't exactly the best SS this year either.

anyway, you're supposed to vote for one player at each position for both teams (one in National League, the other in the American League). So they expect 25 votes for each player. there's a link to the ballot on the page I linked to. organized idiocy. :matrix:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:04 pm

btw dinky, u said u bought the quad pack... got round to watching alien3 extended? would recommend it wahtever your thoughts of the 3rd. The power of editing... well editing and replacing 30mins of footage :)

there's even a multilated version of the fourth too with the worst ending i've seen for a while :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:05 am

nah. so far, I've read about all the changes. going to watch'em all in chronological order. if I ever get that damn projector mount! :evil:

btw: "rear admiral lietenant general"? I didn't realize you'd enlisted in FC's private army. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal