Matrix Trilogy 10 DVD Box Set Due For Xmas Release

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Matrix Trilogy 10 DVD Box Set Due For Xmas Release

Postby paul-scream22 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:16 pm

Taken from <a href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds14901.html" target=blank>Digital Spy</a>

[quote]The Matrix trilogy is to be released as part of a special ten-disc DVD boxset in time for Christmas, according to the DVD Times.

Out on December 12 and with an RRP of £44.99, the specs are as follows:

Disc One: The Matrix

All-new transfer supervised by the Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope
Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

Disc Two: The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes)

Same special features as previous release
Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy

Disc Three: Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes)

New cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' game
Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis and Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Disc Four: Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Five: Matrix Revolutions

Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Disc Six: Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Seven: The Animatrix

Same special features as previous release

Disc Eight: The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)

The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines the many influences of action cinema that make up The Matrix
Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, and Charlatans deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy
The Science Behind the Fiction – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of The Matrix

Disc Nine: The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)

The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human�
paul-scream22
Skutter

Postby El Mariachi on Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:22 pm

they always do that

but I'm happy with my 3 normal versions

and 55 minute more footage from the matrix game is not 55 minutes. It's way less. they screw you there
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby paul-scream22 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:29 pm

Still 10 discs for a Trilogy is impressive, as long as the price is right, I think it's a good buy.

But then I only have matrix on DVD :wink:
In Space, No One Can Hear You Post....But they might here you reply :P
paul-scream22
Skutter

Postby Bassline on Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:55 pm

i'll get it i think ;)...i did enjoy the first movie more than the other 2...also the animatrix was enjoyable for the most and i've only got the first movie on DVD so far anyhoo so would be good to get the definitive versions :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:00 pm

:roll: If its anything over £20 your getting raped
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:15 pm

If its anything over £20 your getting raped

LOL damn right!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:30 pm

I'm pretty sure it would have fit on 5 :wacky:
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:04 pm

I take your five and I subtract you 2. :mrgreen:

Extras for the matrix is like Critical Analysis of Barney :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:20 pm

iunno...there's been a lot done on those teletubbies. especially that tinky-winky one....
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:38 am

personally i think its all a waste of money bar possibly matrix 1 which is the only actually good matrix film the rest can go fester in a pot of scotch broth with the likes of lawrence llwellyn bowen
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:36 pm

The second half of the first Matrix is decent action packed (if you can stomach the crapness of the build up), but as said, its a total waste even buying the other two parts, let alone extra shit on them :spank:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby paul-scream22 on Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:18 pm

Yeah but lets pretend that some people actually like the matrix Trilogy :P

This boxset is pretty good going for them :wink:

You wouldn't be complaining if it was some sci-fi epic that deserved a boxset release or, going off topic to that other forum, say Friday 13th 10 disc Box Set for £40 or even better Evil Dead Trilogy :lol:

But again just proves how insane Hollywood is, they spend this on a film like matrix and they can't even produce good box sets of films that deserve 'em :roll: (Friday 13th, Indy Jones - where's the commentary???, etc etc)
In Space, No One Can Hear You Post....But they might here you reply :P
paul-scream22
Skutter

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:31 pm

paul-scream22 wrote:You wouldn't be complaining if it was some sci-fi epic that deserved a boxset release or, going off topic to that other forum, say Friday 13th 10 disc Box Set for £40 or even better Evil Dead Trilogy :lol:

Friday the 13th Boxed Set. they stopped at 8. :lol:

I know this isn't the place, but the idea's in me head for this diatribe here: Evil Dead stuff is always under-produced and in demand. Each movie has been through at least 3 production runs (4+ for AoD; the first 2 are extremely rare and quite the collector's item). The original production run of Friday the 13th are still on the shelves at Best Buy - for cheap! They can't give them away.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:52 pm

ive got every fri13th movie on original dvd, and ill tell you why 9 isnt in that box set...COZ ITS FUCKING SHIT, jason x is better then fri 13th 8 & 9 put together, one redeeming feature in 9 of course is erin gray getting possessed up her snatch (box, pussy, cunt, fanjita whatever u wanna call it)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:08 pm

watchu talkin' bout max, 9 was miles better than Jason X.... jason X was absolutely f*cking awful. I'd much rather watch Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday than that reject andromeda shit.... jason X was smeg awful indeed, number 9 was crap in its own right, but it was better than the tenth effort.

Jason goes to Hell was far more enjoyable than JasonX, no matter how crap it was. Plus its the first indication at Freddy vs. Jason, sticked to the formula and still wasn't half bad (after 9 efforts), and at least it had a good video cover :lol:. But JasonX was a f*clup of biblical proportions, even if we are talking about Friday the 13th which is an absolutely terrible franchise anyway.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:44 am

friday the 13th dumps all over nightmare on elm shite, jason a towering unstoppable killing machine who just stalks quietly in the night against michael jackson, i think we know whos better, f13th 8 shouldve been called Jason Takes MTV, and im sorry but jason x is miles better then f13th 9 if only for the babe count (albeit mostly silicone enhanced) and the scene where he swings the chicks round in teh sleeping bags and beats them agaisnt the tree made me laugh.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:11 am

maxpayne2409 wrote: nightmare on elm shite, jason a towering unstoppable killing machine who just stalks quietly in the night against michael jackson

:lol:
nice nickname. although there's a lot more to the nightmare franchise than Friday. it's just better material. saw some of the fx in one of the later nightmares and almost keeled over laughing. freddy does this serpent thing with his head or tongue or something. pretty much as stupid as the friday series past part 2 (although I do have a soft spot for the feldman one - was that 4? 6? whatever)

spudthedestroyer wrote: we are talking about Friday the 13th which is an absolutely terrible franchise anyway.

'nuff said
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:42 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
we are talking about Friday the 13th which is an absolutely terrible franchise anyway.

'nuff said

nuff said if you happen to be a deranged baboon with about as much intellect as an average texan (which we all know is the lowest form of life, yes even more then canadians :lol: )

the nightmare on elm street films are complete boring snoozeville, id rather watch something really bad (name to be phased in by 2008) then something utterly atrocious liike Elm St
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:55 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
dinky wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:we are talking about Friday the 13th which is an absolutely terrible franchise anyway.

'nuff said

nuff said if you happen to be a deranged baboon with about as much intellect as an average texan (which we all know is the lowest form of life, yes even more then canadians :lol: )

the nightmare on elm street films are complete boring snoozeville, id rather watch something really bad (name to be phased in by 2008) then something utterly atrocious liike Elm St

other way around. there's some pre-Matrix "welcome to the real world" shit going on in Nightmare, and there's some pre-Scream self-reflection on "scary movies." Friday is a straight slasher flick and a clone of Halloween. I'm with you on the better action sequences though, mainly cuz Jason's antics are easier to do in-camera. all you need is a lot of pigs' blood for sfx shots. Things that happen in Nightmare...well...happen in nightmares, and the fantasy element makes for many more complicated fx problems that look downright silly by today's standards. at least that's how I see it.

on the other hand...

maxpayne2409 wrote:OH YES YES YES OH GOD YES OOOOOH what more can i say, there is a god and his name is Dinky :beerchug:

all hail the baboon god-king of texas. :D
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:24 pm

lol, max never back someone like dinky to back up your arguements against me... he's a clown behind that skull... his loyalties lie with scat pr0n and no1 else. :mrgreen:

hmmm never said Nightmare was better/worse/similar to Friday but I will do now you've brought it up. In this case, I think dinky is right (*gasp*) there is a lot of material to go on in nightmare and sweet f-all in friday. It also has the advantage of having 3 semi-decent attempts at movies in the franchise, so its already... erm 3 ahead of Friday :lol: The first and second in the franchise are okay, probably the bettter Cravens, and even then going further than okay might be going too far. The other movie in the franchise is Wes Craven's New Nightmare... I thought that one was actually pretty decent and definitely very original in terms of Craven. One of the first self-reflective horror movies and an okay movie to boot. I prefer Wes Cravens New Nightmare over Scream in terms of self-reflection of the genre, and actually I think its a better film (but i get tired of the normal serial killer who-done it scenario very fast). Dinky seems to have said this first, but I'll have to back him up and say a lot of people think the same, me being one of them.

SFX aren't really that big an issue for me, but yes, johnny depp being eaten by a bed is always amusing :lol:

On a final note, JasonX is f*cking terrible... now go... 10 ninja flips :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal