Blade Trinity (2004)

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Blade Trinity (2004)

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:31 pm

Blade Trinity (2004)

Directed by: David S. Goyer
Writing credits: Marv Wolfman (character) & Gene Colan (character) ...

Cast:
Wesley Snipes .... Blade
Kris Kristofferson .... Abraham Whistler
Ryan Reynolds .... Hannibal King
Jessica Biel .... Abigail Whistler
Parker Posey .... Danica
Cascy Beddow .... Flick

Plot:
The storyline for the third film finds Blade joining forces with two vampire hunters, part of a group called the Nightstalkers, as they tackle the powerful and ruthless villain Danica Talos. After harvesting the superior blood of the ancestor of all modern vampires, Talos has resurrected the man now known as "Drake" (notice the modernization of the Dracula name) from a century-long sleep in the hopes of finally getting world control for all vampires. Blade, along with the Nightstalkers must unleash a virus that will kill all vamps-- but only are given one chance to make it work.

IMDB

Click for trailer
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:07 am

I would have put it in here but IMDB say

Genre: Action / Adventure / Horror / Thriller / Fantasy
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:58 am

imdb is the whore of babylon, any movie, tv or game news is a cabal/art disccussion.

To be honest, I've not been that impressed by Blade. The first one was okay, the second one had Danny John-Jules in.... but I have a 3rd might stink up the place.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:13 pm

ryan reynolds in a dramatic role and jessica biel in any</i> role will tend to do that. snipes, however, is at least properly cast - say what you will about him as an actor; all he needs to do here is look cool in black and bust some martial arts moves.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:39 am

Plot flaw/spoiler:
How can they have Whistler's daughter in #3 when in #1 he states that Frost killed his family & left him for dead.
End

I'll go see it just in hopes of seeing JB show some skin. :twisted:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:22 pm

mw2merc wrote:Plot flaw/spoiler:
How can they have Whistler's daughter in #3 when in #1 he states that Frost killed his family & left him for dead.
End

that's too obvious. I did a "huh?" when I heard that too. but I'm sure</i> that's part of the plot - not sure how it can be explained well</i> or why god</i> goyer would want to go there. but I'm confident that will be explained; you're supposed to think that and then go see. kinda like the main plot device for the village in reverse...except hopefully a LOT more exciting...and not the center of the $%^& movie.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Blade Runner on Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:51 pm

Maybe she ended up as a Vampire, the equivalent of death to Whistler
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:33 pm

Being dead and becoming an undead are 2 different things. Let alone she showed no signs of being a Vamp.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:21 am

I'll end up buying the DVD to complete my trilogy

Which probably will be sold too as a 6disc or something
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:28 pm

lol its not really a 'trilogy', it just so happens to have 2 seqeuls atm before the next crapfest comes out :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:39 pm

no. it's a "trilogy." they followed the Scream formula. david goyer said as much somewhere. it might be on the original new line platinum dvd. anyway, the forumula is one fairly original hit and then pretending like they wanted to do a series of three from the start cuz in process of creating one workable story they made many others and created pasts and futures for their characters with the hope that they'll have a franchise to write for in the future. which, btw, is what I think was the case for the original SW trilogy. so if that's a trilogy, this is...for now.

but like you, I'm sure they'll find an excuse to pump out more if it's a success (gulp) ...like any other franchise. they didn't have to worry about that with scream, cuz by the time scream 3 came around, nobody</i> cared anymore.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:11 pm

you got to be shitting me? you mean they had this crap planned? That's terrible :o

I'm sorry but selling it as a trilogy is laughable, he has no clue what he's talking about.

Star wars was written has a long thing, and he trimmed out the crap and chose the one that would work best. He didn't expect to make any more than the first though, but there's some rough notes about the whole thing, so there's some credibility about it.... of course he hadn't written the whole thing and of course it shows since the first 2 are crap in contrast... still though, blade was just mediocre and the sequel pretty wank, so saying its a trilogy is bs there just happens to be 3 of them at the moment. Star Wars was never a trilogy though, it was 1 film, then 9 and may end up as just 6 :lol:

I don't think any of them are pre-planned lotr trilogy, as said, there just happens to be 3 of them.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:29 pm

heh. the funny thing is that of the prequels, original SW trilogy, and blade, the one that's most</i> a trilogy is the prequels. :lol:

...no wait. that's sad. :(

but yes. he did *say* that he planned 3 (after the first one was a success - this is the writer, goyer, not the directors or snipes, who produced it). I hate it when writers talk that kinda shit. it's like 'look. you hit the mark. don't milk it. write your sequel. we know damn well you didn't write this thing as a trilogy from the get go.' I mean honestly, what writer sits down to write a sci-fi/fantasy FRANCHISE movie and doesn't want</i> to write a sequel? :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:49 pm

Its the arragance I hate... "I'm so fucking deep and thoughtful, look I've sat down and planned this epic 3 part story..."

No mate, your films stupid, and your stupid! There's nothing deep and meaningful about it to warrant a trilogy. Blade was dumb, a sequel was warranted and made, but the fact its played out as 'an intended trilogy' is just stupid imo, its like why 3? Why not 4? Why not 51 so you can dump all the unsold copies in 51 landfills in 51 states.... what a tit!

But every hollywood hack thinks 'yes i'm sooooo deep, look I've written 3 scripts instead of one", just because some great writers have written some great trilogies/epics in the past. Sad really.

Perhaps, and rightfully reserved, a trilogy must mean 3 continuous and clear part movie franchises. IMO. Alien is a trilogy, it sure wasn't planned that way, but the 3 movies in their own right showed a full cycle of a character which is much deeper and the films are clearly linked. That's trilogy worthy. The original Star Wars films, that did a full story, a full circle, a begining, middle and an end. LOTR is a trilogy (of six books but its the clear, 3 parts).

Then again, the Matrix is unworthy of being a trilogy... it just so happened their were 3 instead of the 2 there should have been. The first was 'great', so a sequel was warranted.... but there should have only been one. Then if that was successful, another. Austin Powers isn't a trilogy... there's just three of them made. At least they don't claim its a trilogy.

Nowadays everythings got to be a f*cking trilogy and its pissing me off, Xmen... oh no its another freakin' trilogy.

It's just arrogance of the film makers, they want to appear all big and clever... I think that's what it boils down to. Hollywood has always been like this though... just something that pisses me off. Oh and if trilogy isn't enough to make people feel big and important, despite the lack of talent, now Fox has invented some crappy Quadrilogy word. No Mr Murdoch, there's just four of them... and your a tit.

:eatthis:
:mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:57 pm

I was wondering if you were going to acknowledge Resurrection in that diatribe. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:33 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Its the arragance I hate... "I'm so fucking deep and thoughtful, look I've sat down and planned this epic 3 part story..."

Nowadays everythings got to be a f*cking trilogy and its pissing me off, Xmen... oh no its another freakin' trilogy.

You're going to far. HollyCrap is just going off the statement "Trilogys sell better". It's all a fucking scam these days.

LotR is a good trilogy cause it's always been that way. I agree on The Matrix. 2&3 should've been just 1 movie. As for Blade 3? It's just an excuse to use the name.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:58 pm

dinky wrote:I was wondering if you were going to acknowledge Resurrection in that diatribe. :lol:

na there just so happens to be 4 of them at that point. Ripley had gone full cycle at that point, and the ripley story was better left dead. Then they dug her up and made another sequel. That's the way I see it anyway.

@mw2merc, that's the studios thinking that 3 sell better; I'm talking about when the writer takes it upon themselves to think they are epic worthy like matrix, or here with blade. It's nothing but arrogance.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:32 pm

I was always partial to the Jersey Trilogy. then Dogma happened...then the hemp knight strikes back... :o

hey! speaking of vampire sequels...mmm...kate beckinsale.

/me drools
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby knokk turnoo on Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm

funny... i agree with most things spud mentions, but while he dislikes the blade-series (initial conceptional thoughts or not, to me it aint a "trilogy" either), i love them for exact those reasons.

the most competent and entertaining way to sell a mindless piece of genre popcorn cinema to the people that desire it from time to time.
thumbs up, looking forward to the 3rd (and if its about the same quality as 1 and 2, i wouldnt mind a 4th one :P )
knokk turnoo
Skutter

Postby dinky on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:36 pm

news on the Trinity and the whole trilogy thing from Entertainment Weekly:
Will Frodo make it to Mount Doom? Is Gandalf...oh, waite, wrong trilogy from New Line. For the third and presumably final intallment of Blade, sreenwriter Goyer, who also penned Bland and Blade II (which earned a cmbined $152 million), steps behind the camera to complete what he hopes could be "the Star Wars of vampire films," he says, "a whole Wagnerian epic."

In Trinity, Snipes returns as the half-vampire, half-mortal Blade, and Krstofferson is back as his mentor, Whistler. To stop the vampire kingdom from taking over the world, they team with the Nightstalkers, a group of human vampire hunters led by Whistler's illegitimate daughter (Biel) and the ruffian Hannibal King (Reynolds).

So what's new? This one's funny. "It's not Airplane! or anything like that," says Goyer of the roughly $60 million production. "It vacillates between being really funny, but then in the course of a single scene, it gets dark and serious." Also serious was Renols, who packed on 20 pounds of vampire-slaying muscle, thanks to a personal trainer. Says Reynolds: The "just kicked my ass into fin cottage cheese pudding for about six months."

I don't know whether to :lol: or :cry: - but I'll see it the night it opens anyway. :twisted:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal