SW DVD: some points about the bonus disc

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

SW DVD: some points about the bonus disc

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:10 pm

I was watching the bonus disc and some things were funny.

The Light Saber documentary:
They showed the fight beween Darth Vader and Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan is cut in half with some sparks and fire... it looked cool. Didn't see it in the movie.

Also the endcredits of the same documentary showed a kid getting a lightsaber for christmas (or his birthday) and he chops his parent up
Was awesome... where can I find that clip.

In the Legacy of Star Wars documentary they interview Lawrence Kasdan and I see a Revenge of the Sith poster in the back. but just a tiny part of it. Would love to see how it looks.

And the most terrifying thing is that Hayden Christensen is in the suit, he's 6 inches smaller than the previous darth vader

At least they coloured Darth Vaders sword in episode IV :D
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:32 pm

In the Legacy of Star Wars documentary they interview Lawrence Kasdan and I see a Revenge of the Sith poster in the back. but just a tiny part of it. Would love to see how it looks.

I believe that was a much toated Revenge of the Jedi poster from before the name change wasn't it? I'll rewatch if need be, but I thought it was. Wasn't really watching the background though.

I thought it was this one:

but since he's just cashing in on the former poster anyway, the lettering is the same and everything :)

But the other released posters are all teasers like:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby El Mariachi on Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:16 am

you paid more attention to it then me hehehehe you are right it was revenge of the jedi
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:46 pm

its a cool poster never the less.... btw, did you feel sorry for the shit george gets by the end of that documentry? Its kind of a "look at all the shit that happened just to get the first one made", "look at the risk he took with spending his entire fortune on the gamble of empire making more than a new hope".... "if he wants to put teddy bears and rasters in his movies, let him"... okay that doesn't justify any of the changes, but it was constructed in a way that it seemed like he was really struggling.

Even if it was bull, I still thought it was a really good documentry, I love behind the scenes footage, there's a lot of great clips from the making of... I would have loved to have seen more!

Anyways, The name change of episode VI, according to his friends was to do with unofficial merchandise... he licensed it in a way, that only the official distributors put out the correct stuff, and the bootleggers spent a lot of money printing crap. Makes a lot more sense than his crummy jedis don't seek revenge line :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby d0c on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:24 pm

any news or roumers about the 7,8,9 episodes in the sw saga??
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:45 pm

just consistant quotes I can give you over the past 20 odd years that George wants to move star wars onto tv and hand it to some established and upcoming talent.

Sounds like he has something like Young Indy planned for star wars ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby d0c on Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:16 am

young indy tv?? that was bad..... so the 7,8 and 9 is going to be the ulimate crap of the crap sw, jesus christ he never know how to stop does he....
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:17 pm

My roomate insisted on renting this one. For me, it was really nothing I haven't seen. Nothing truely new to this disc, except maybe the X-Box demo. But nothing I can constitute renting it for.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal