Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Postby dinky on Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:25 pm

sorry for the new topic. quick search didn't turn up anything.

www.tvguide.com wrote:RATINGS HIKE: Will the sight of Anakin Skywalker morphing into Darth Vader be too intense for the kiddies? According to George Lucas, yes. The Star Wars mastermind is predicting that Revenge of the Sith, due out May 19, will get slapped with a PG-13 rating. All of the previous Star Wars films have been rated PG. "This is the darkest of them all," Lucas tells USA Today. "I don't think it's going to be rated like the other ones. It's just more emotionally intense." But will it be any good? Please, let this one be good</i>.

:rofl:
the reporter's last line was a riot.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby d0c on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:21 pm

hehehehe... good one 8)
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:25 pm

Then again, will it have indians in it singing "oh-munchie-bar" and pulling people's hearts out?

That started the hole flim-flam in the first place.

I think the chances of it being good aren't too hot, then again aotc was ok I suppose, wasn't particularly good though. Everything is too new, clean and plasticy... CGIs fault of course. Sometimes, a films better if you don't let the director do everything he wants... the limitations make it more realistic (even in scifi). Now he can add any old rubbish thx to ILM, and unfotunately thats what we see in the end.

The tone of AotC was a hell of a lot better of phantom menace, it was okay in places I guess. Maybe from these first three we can cut them up , stick them together and maybe get a full movie out of them.... :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby bobbystills on Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:47 pm

any1 know where to find a HQ version of this pic or any other grevious pics??
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby d0c on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:00 pm

and what is this picture of???
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby bobbystills on Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:15 pm

i hope he systematically kills all jedi, including old ass duku. everyone except mace, whom i just hope gets his legs seared off @ the knee w/ young boba lookin down. Blaster point blank to the 4head. :matrix:

yeah grevious should get to kill all the skilled jedi , they can leave the preteens 4 anikin/vader to slaughter. i hope we see yoda get punked too, that be great to see him an the sith lord going at it. and i think that would make up 4 that silly duku yoda brawl ant the end of aotc. sidius has to fight some time :evil:
w/ the characters that have to die.
this movie has to be good
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

04 Creating General Grievous.mov
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby mw2merc on Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:33 am

http://www.starwars.com/databank/charac ... lgrievous/

You missed a good one:

This one's only good to show using lightsabers:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 am

that chincy animation only works for me with the batman/sumperman shows and to a lesser extent on x-men: evolution. the prequels just don't need that additional level of cheese. obviously, I thought the robot looked stupid. but the stuff bobbystills linked look a lot more promising.

:matrix:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:08 am

i know what yr saying dinky. they say "thats how its stylized". this one guy i know even called it minimalist :lol: it just looks like crap laziness to me. hmmm let me see how many frames we can skip this second :twisted:
Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:04 pm

more fun at tvguide.com
[quote="tvguide.com"]PAGING DAPHNE ZUNIGA...: Mel Brooks is working on a sequel to his hilarious Star Wars spoof, Spaceballs. In an interview with Playbill.com, Brooks said he hopes to get the film in theaters around the same time as Star Wars: Episode III �?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby outofspace2000 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:53 pm

dinky wrote:more fun at tvguide.com
tvguide.com wrote:PAGING DAPHNE ZUNIGA...: Mel Brooks is working on a sequel to his hilarious Star Wars spoof, Spaceballs. In an interview with Playbill.com, Brooks said he hopes to get the film in theaters around the same time as Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith, which opens in May. Let's pray we can tell which one's the spoof.

:lol:

Thats the best news I've heard in ages :D
outofspace2000
Skutter

Postby Blade Runner on Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:36 am

Look what I've found

Star Wars Trailer :mrgreen:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:30 pm

yea the trailer is pretty cool I was impressed anyway.... wat can I say vader still pulls me strings
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:58 pm

omg, everything looks so tacky and plasticy :?

Was it just me or was nearly everything CGI'd to buggery. Looks very, very disturbing, even Vader looked CGI, but I don't think that was the case. :?

Its star wars, which I love, but that trailer makes me very nervous.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby outofspace2000 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:57 pm

Its still to early to draw any conclusions yet.

Until I've been to the cinema I feel I can't comment :wacky:
outofspace2000
Skutter

Postby dinky on Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:43 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:omg, everything looks so tacky and plasticy :?

Was it just me or was nearly everything CGI'd to buggery. Looks very, very disturbing, even Vader looked CGI, but I don't think that was the case. :?

Its star wars, which I love, but that trailer makes me very nervous.

like I said over at FH, I think it's the best piece of sw lucasfilm has churned out since the original trilogy. I can see your plasticy/super shiny complaint with vader (of course he just came out of the oven), and I'm kinda irked by the quick shot of another load of muppets myself. but I still think this is a good cut</i> - as opposed to "well, it's an improvement over eps 1 & 2.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:47 pm

One of the best aspects of the original trilogy is everything was dirty and used, it looked a damn sight more real. This entire new trilogy has been so fake, and detatched. Even tatooine looks like its from a 5 star holiday brochure!

Its mainly the CGI that does it (of course a director that uses cgi before he has a script is actually what does it), and the lack of decent textures. This just makes them feel so fake and detatched, even when you had a camera zooming at a bit of plastic in the originals, it looked a damn sight better.

To think, these were the set of films that helped influence ridley scott's Alien and Blade Runner :o

kinda irked by the quick shot of another load of muppets myself

There are no muppets anymore, they've all been replaced by CGI spyro the dragon look a likes :? The 'muppets' looked a damn sight better too and at least had the 'human element', so this is devolution in style.

but I still think this is a good cut - as opposed to "well, it's an improvement over eps 1 & 2.

The trailer? No way, episode ones trailer was perhaps the best trailer ever made for a film (or at least had the biggest impact). Because it showed snippets of cool scenes, and was much better paced.

I think you'll find if you go back and look at it, and think about how it was received, you'll find it was a better trailer and the movie wasn't exactly good in the end, despite the fact its trailer was ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:27 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:The trailer? No way, episode ones trailer was perhaps the best trailer ever made for a film (or at least had the biggest impact). Because it showed snippets of cool scenes, and was much better paced.

I think you'll find if you go back and look at it, and think about how it was received, you'll find it was a better trailer and the movie wasn't exactly good in the end, despite the fact its trailer was ;)

hmm...offhand, I can't think of one scene in TPM that wasn't complete cheese except when the two jedi are tearing it up onboard the trade federation ship. and even then, you can't help but see the asinine battle droids. still, you may have a point, I have a hard time separating anything I saw in the trailer(s) from the movie.

I still can't shake that look of anakin with a jedi (obi-wan?) in his clutches, holding the wrist of the hand that holds his lightsaber. and what I think</i> was another shot of anakin in the little hoodie with vampire lenses in his eyes. finally, something remotely serious to go with the badass potential of a jedi.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby mw2merc on Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:47 pm

Noone posted the link to the Exclusive HiRes MOV yet???

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/movief ... aol_dl.mov
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:46 pm

mw2merc wrote:Noone posted the link to the Exclusive HiRes MOV yet???

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/movief ... aol_dl.mov

nice!!! thx

anyone got all the 10 specials of episode 3?
I got them in 480x270 15fps
It's an hour worth of it. Too bad George Lucas is shown too much
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Next

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal