Scifi Movie you would most like to see made?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:21 pm

omg, then your not allowed to talk about the same companies lesser projects until you do!

it even had David Bowie in it :lol:

edit:
you seem to have posted in the freakin release thread for it though mr:
viewtopic.php?t=393

twice infact :outsider:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:42 pm

oooh that one, see if you had said omikron lol, i always call it omikron and compeltely forgot about the nomad soul part

/me wipes egg from face
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:25 pm

If i'd have called it omikron then i'd not have played it.

note: omikron is just something they appended later, dunno why... check it out...
/me scans in his game cover

Just for geek conversations later, don't refer to it as omikron. You will end up with a major geek serving, and we all know that can be disasterous for your rep... just check out dink after the RE revelation. Nobody will even look at him anymore.. then again, few could before anyway :googley:

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:10 pm

ah yes the old geek servings, dished out by leonard nimoy and his all powerful geekoscope, poor dinky, the butt of everybodys jokes :lol: :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm

plebeian rabble, the lot of you. :matrix:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:14 pm

ooooh plebian someones being posh :roll: yes away from my door you dirty dirty plebs

sorry dinky i just cant see you as the anti pleb type :lol:

incidently i think they added he omikron bit for the console release, having looked around a bit
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Black on Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:31 am

It was released on the Dreamcast as The Nomad Soul in the UK, though it was a fairly lazy port which spoilt it a bit, I'm sure the PC version was a lot more fluid. I'd like to see a decent live action Mech film; Robotjox was good as was Gunhead but thats pretty much it...
[]
Black
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:13 am

it was released as omikron nomad soul on psx in uk
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:15 am

na, it was just nomad soul on the psx too, same cover pretty much... know that for a fact cos my mate has a copy (legitmate copy amazingly). it was totally wank on the psx, like most ports. Ruined the game. I'm with black on my recall of this, Dreamcast version wasn't bad was also launched as "the nomad soul", but the psx was totally shit... reminded me of the shadowman port, the psx was such a shit console all the port were always terrible for it.

omikron was leaked in as a subtitle more than anything, but still it did mention it when you booted the game iirc.
*memories...*
:lol:

did anyone else read dinkys post like "buh... i suck ass, ignore me"? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:23 am

I'd like to see a decent live action Mech film; Robotjox was good as was Gunhead but thats pretty much it...

Well you are in luck. There are three jap cartoons getting made in live action hollywood madness that have what you are looking for....

Battle Ange - James Camron (Live acton remake of Gunnm)
Transformers - Michale bay (Live action remake of Transformers G1 cartoon[/url]
Neo Evangelion - Live action.... this was one of the first I eard about but couldn't find any IMDB links .. so mabey not still I hear that it is in the works.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:04 am

yeah but james camerons projects have been utterly, utterly terrible since terminator 2, and micahel bay is a complete fuck, i mean look at the utter shite he's made.... he's disgraceful.

Hardly lucky, you'd be extremely lucky if either were remotely good. I'd prefer if both projects were cancelled and the directors were instead publically flogged for crimes against humanity.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:43 am

james camerons the moron who made that titanic bullshit isnt he? god i have a great time alughing at my sister when she watches it, 10 mins in shes in tears all the way through haha stupid tool
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Black on Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:26 pm

Thanks for the info Jynks, I seem to have forgot about Gundam Savior, but it is completey awfull on every level :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198123/

As for James Cameron that bloke has some serious issues.
[]
Black

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:03 pm

I'd like to see a decent live action Mech film; Robotjox was good as was Gunhead but thats pretty much it...
wasn't robotjox the stv "mechwarrior" thing? thought it was terrible. an eye-candy movie w/o the eye-candy. like the idea though. I'd rather give this one to michael bay. he'll at least throw a lot of money at it and make it look good.

Jynks wrote:Transformers - Michale bay (Live action remake of Transformers G1 cartoon.

nnnnnnnnnoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

that's really depressing. bad boys was a decent buddy comedy (2, less so), the rock was decent but kinda silly now, and the island was not horrible, but...pearl harbor...armageddon.... there's absolutely no way this guy is going to make a good movie out of my beloved transformers</i>. he sucks the plot out and replaces it with explosions with material that has it to begin with. wtf is he going to do with an 80s cartoon?
:evil:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:08 pm

robot jox is an 80s movie about war being banned so countries fight it out in mech suits or something along those lines, it was released dvdrip recently on the forum, but i cant be bothered to find it for a non re fanboy such as yourself, so go find it in hq movies yourself :lol:

personally i liked the rock (if you mean the one with nic cage and sean "i'll only star in movies if i can wear a kilt" connery) and the island was really good, and theres precious few movies i could say that about these days, unlike one of my friends (yes shes blonde, shes got breast implants, shes a slut) who said to me once "i justy watched dukes of hazzard, what an amazing film, loved every second it rules" to which i just had to recheck to make sure she wasnt being possessed by dinky. I mean im an 80s zealot but i draw the line somewhere
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:39 pm

Hardly lucky, you'd be extremely lucky if either were remotely good. I'd prefer if both projects were cancelled and the directors were instead publically flogged for crimes against humanity.

But compared to the live action mech stuff from the states that is already about.. like robot jox and crash and burn... well .. lets just say that anything is going to be better.

I would like to see a full on live action robotech.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Black on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:57 pm

I like Robotjox it is of it's time and the concpt isn't that far from Mobile Fighter G Gundam; but I like it. Crash and Burn is mostly ok even if it lifts stuff from The Thing and doesn't have the big robot in till the end.
[]
Black

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:19 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:but i cant be bothered to find it for a non re fanboy such as yourself, so go find it in hq movies yourself :lol:

like I'd down it. once is enough for that crap. (it was on USA Up All Night if anyone in the states remembers that...with gilbert godfrey and big titted chick - good times. good times.)

I think something like that is right up cameron's alley. not sure what gundam fans will think of it, but I'd bet it's a decent movie.

the more I see the rock, the less I like it. all the stupid, nonsensical michael bay logic wells up in the back of my throat and the suspension of disbelief goes out the window. mb ruined the island, btw. turned it into another edition of bad boys. it was a "really good" (if stock) story, though. you got a jones for scarlett?

but...no accounting for taste.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:25 pm

im guessing a jones is some sort of american slang for a knob-on :lol: but i wouldn't kick her out of bed for making crumbs

amusingly i cant sit through bad boys at all because i utterly despise martin lawrence's supposed "acting" ability, its all a load of whimpering and making whining noises like a little she bitch
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Lord Kromdar on Thu May 11, 2006 5:16 pm

I'd like to see "The Sheep Look Up" by John Brunner......it jumps about from character to examples of media of the period so much that I think JB must have been thinking in very visual terms when he wrote it......
Lord Kromdar
Red Shirted Trekker

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal