Scifi Movie you would most like to see made?

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby GingerWarrior on Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:46 pm

'Eon' (Greg Bear) would be an absolutely stunning book to turn into a movie. Enough backed-up science to keep the freaks (including myself here) happy, cold war politics, aliens, end of the world, bit of time travel (ish). Special effects are up to the job to do this book justice, plus the added bonus of an already written sequels 'Eternity' and 'Legacy'.

Events in Eon take place around the year 2000, when the USA and USSR are on the verge of nuclear war. An asteroid appears after an unusual supernova and settles into near Earth orbit . Both nations each try to claim this mysterious object which turns out to have been hollowed out, terraformed, and filled with cities that now sit empty by human beings who seemed to come from Earth's future. A team of scientists discovers the asteroid is bigger inside than outside and in particular the last chamber seems to stretch into infinitum.

Won't add any more in case you haven't read it yet, but definitely one of the best books around.

God knows who'd star in it though. You'd probably have to pick talented 'no marks' so as not to distract from the plot (eg. Contact - not saying Jodie Foster ruined a good book but...)
GingerWarrior
42?

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:26 pm

not only is there a movie of Johnny Mnemonic http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113481/ with spud's favourite actor in :mrgreen: but there is also a movie of his story New Rose Hotel http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133122/
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:35 pm

distract from the plot (eg. Contact - not saying Jodie Foster ruined a good book but...)

....but the film really was shit lol

@hagbard - someone had to like johnny Mnemonic i guess :o

id like to see a movie of seven days, or a new series, BRING IT BACK ITS GREAT,
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:03 am

oh Mr Understatement, meet my good friend Bob Sarcasm...

Not Contact surely? A film so awsome and with such a brilliant ending it didn't want to throw up your bowls violently in a non stop 1hr+ crap-athon...

:mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:41 am

didnt bob sarcasm climb to the top of bucks palace the other day as batman claiming it was harder to see a good film then ti was to get on buckingham palace :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby hagbard on Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:10 am

Thanks for the "New Rose Hotel". I wasn´t aware of that one. Any idea, where I could download it ?

I found "Johnny Mnemonic" here in the forum. And as I understood the comments: I am not the only one, who liked it ... :D

As I also just read in the forum: X-Men is supposed to be a trilogy ? Why the hell are they doing that ? They could easily throw out a dozen movies - and if they would keep up with the first ones, I would enjoy them all. Always was my favourite comic series ...

One more came to my mind: Actually I don´t know, how I could forget about it in the first place. Maybe, because I am not sure, if it really is Scifi: "The Illumnati" by Shea & Wilson.

There aren´t - by any chance - movies based on Bruce Sterling stories ?
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:51 pm

am @work atm but will post a link to a verified version of New Rose Hotel when i get home in the morning :)

Eon is a great book, would def like to see it on film too
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:20 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:
distract from the plot (eg. Contact - not saying Jodie Foster ruined a good book but...)

@hagbard - someone had to like johnny Mnemonic i guess :o

id like to see a movie of seven days, or a new series, BRING IT BACK ITS GREAT,

best part of Contact was the South Park spoof it enabled: "the alien was her father! her father!</i> - that one had me rollin'
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:59 pm

done, check out: viewtopic.php?p=7620#7620
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby lazarus on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:30 pm

would like to see what job they made of re-doing Sapphire and Steel, for its time that was a great series ...ohh btw spud did you know Sam Neills brother used to (or may still) work in one of the Leeds Hospitals. Just a bit of useless info :)
lazarus
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dario on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:20 pm

Dragons Of Heorot by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle and Steven Barnes would make a stunning movie. Think ALIENS told by the point of view of the terraformers. If you can, read it, yo won't be sorry.
dario
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:23 pm

part of me would love to see a blade runner sequel, but i also know it would be crap and i dont want to see one
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:07 am

Stuff that!!! Bladerunner should be left alone.. it is a travesdy that those books exist.... it is kinda like Those "new" dune books made by his son.... what gaul!! On a funny note those books are written from the original version of the movie.. NOT the directors cut.. so they can NOT be made into films as they would never make sence.... and when was the last time you saw a non directors cut dvd around for bladerunner?

I would really like to see some exploritive fiction get made into a flick. Mabey Rendezvous with Rama or Mabey Lord of light

Also I hear they are doing it so I do not have to wish for long.. but a live action g1 transformers movie.... or a live action Super Fortress Macross (Robotech in usa)

s I also just read in the forum: X-Men is supposed to be a trilogy ? Why the hell are they doing that ? They could easily throw out a dozen movies

As far as I know there is no plans for it to be only 3 flicks. I say they will make them for as long as they make box office cash-o-la. There is talk at upcomingcomics of a wolveriene spin off flick with just Logan. And I haev a interview on my dvd of xmen 2 a picard saying that he is signed for 10 films... though they kid from harry potter said the same.. mabey it is some kind of standard contract so they have acess to the actors if needed??

What would be cool is to start getting some cross overs. Start making the flicks all exist in the same univerce.. like in the comics... Now that would rule and ensure a nvr ending supply of comic book features. Also comic books flicks need to get more out there like the comics... super heros travel to other planets and dimentions, though time and space, build ships, sentient robots etc etc all the timein comics...

I mean take that storm charicter in the first xmen... she is a GOD precticaly... she could level that city with a wave of her hand.... and having trouble fighting that toad guy... did they even read the comics??

@GingerWarrior

Eon would rule as a flick.. but it would be a hard one to make.... you'd have to convince the producers that the audience has a brain.... quite a complicated story that one.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:54 am

Stuff that!!! Bladerunner should be left alone.. it is a travesdy that those books exist.... it is kinda like Those "new" dune books made by his son.... what gaul!! On a funny note those books are written from the original version of the movie.. NOT the directors cut.. so they can NOT be made into films as they would never make sence.... and when was the last time you saw a non directors cut dvd around for bladerunner?

lilke i said also it would probably suck so i also dont want it to be made
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Black on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:33 am

I quess the films I'd like made are mostly based on comics so:

Marshall Law (got canned after Judge Dredd Bombed)
Super Patriot
The Last Amarican

As for books:

Glory Road
The Galatic Warlord books read them as a kid, could see it as a Jet Li film 8)
And a new version of Logan's Run (darker and grittier)
[]
Black
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:46 am

Id quite like to see the pc game Fahrenheit (indigo prophecy to yanks) made into a film, it would make a pretty good one if done right
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Black on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:38 am

Wasn't Fahrenheit almost a movie? Certainly got that vibe from the director's intro, a very cinematic game (in a good way) maybe they couldn't get in made as a film in the first place, dunno.
[]
Black
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:44 am

yeah it is very movie like from the intro to the set peices etc etc
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:08 am

screw that, they should stop pissing around and make Nomad Soul 2 the game, farenheit was good, but it was no where near as good as nomad soul :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:51 am

never played nomad soul
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal