Momo (1986)

Verified - Quality retail DVDRips. Xvid or DivX. If its non-retail, poorly mastered or if the rip is low-q, please post in low-q section. Lower quality DVD-rips may be moved to ensure high quality in this section. No VCDs or unverified releases in this section please.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Momo (1986)

Postby hagbard on Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:57 pm

Fansubbing finally completed. Ready for release:

IMDB

In the village of Momo the pace of time goes very slowly. Nobody is bothering about stress but everyone has time to chat and rest - until the day the grey men arrive. With a great selling strategy they offer the people an account to collect time. Now everybody is in stress in order to gain time for collecting, except for Momo who obviously is the only one without stress. Watching her former friends having no time at all for friendship and other social activities she deceides to fight the grey men. The story is a modern fairy tale about how to use time.

(based on a book written by Michael Ende, the German author who also wrote "The Neverending Story")

Filesize.....: 684 MB
Runtime......: 01:40:01
Video Codec..: DivX 5.0
Video Bitrate: 812 kb/s
Audio Codec..: ac3 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 137 kb/s (68/ch, stereo) VBR
Frame Size...: 576x336 (1.71:1) [=12:7]

ed2k: Momo.(german.-.deutsch).DVD-DivX-Rip.avi  [684.42 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Momo_English_Subtitles.srt  [90.3 Kb] [Stats]

Note: John had some problems converting the plain txt-doc of the subs. Where there were line-breaks, it wouldn´t show the 2nd line in his video player. I tried this srt-version and it worked fine, both in the Videolan Player and the Media Player Classic.

Screenshots:

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby John_Doe on Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:10 pm

and it's a friggin awesome film, that should've been much longer...
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:38 pm

greatness :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby John_Doe on Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:50 pm

hmm.. that last screenshot is obviously Matte, but can you clearly see where the screen is? I always love matte shots. looks so cool. I couldn't even understand how they'd made the colossal outside shot of the space-ship in The Thing, before I saw the making of.
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby d0c on Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:56 pm

ok gonna try this one....
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mxyzptlk on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:40 pm

just saw this,it's brilliant!!

kill feed repeat
mxyzptlk
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Some Random Dude on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:46 am

A movie not to miss apparently... let's see :mrgreen:
Some Random Dude
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:03 pm

Same release but some extra screenshots :)

ReleaseCandidate wrote:Found on the network:

IMDb

This film, based on a book written by Michael Ende (the German author who also wrote "The Neverending Story") takes place in a fictional, nameless town. The routine, slow-paced life of the townspeople is interrupted with the arrival of Momo, a seemingly orphaned girl without a past who quickly becomes a favorite of all of her neighbors. Among Momo's inexplainable gifts is her power of observation, with which she soon notices that something drastic is happening in the town. All of a sudden, the formerly kind, patient townspeople become obsessed with saving time and money and no longer have time for their friends, especially Momo. Momo soon finds out that those responsible for this are the "Grauen Herren", or the gray men, a group of ghost-like gentlemen who alienate Momo and her friends and are somehow stealing their saved-up time and using it to continue their own existence. After Momo tries to convince her friends of the existence of the gray men, she must flee from the town before she is abducted by the gray men. Momo finds protection in the mysterious home of Meister Hora, an old man who explains what exactly time is and confides in her that he is in control of time. After she realizes what a gift, as opposed to a chore, time is, Momo rushes home and attempts to gather what friends she has left together and convince them of the evil that the gray men are bringing to their quiet town.

Code: Select all
Filesize: 684 MB (or 700,850 KB or 717,670,400 bytes);
Codec: DivX 5.0;
Length 01:40:01;
Resolution: 576 x 336;
Video Bitrate: 436 kbps;
AR 1.714 (12:7) @ 25 FPS;
Audio Codec: 0x0055(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3;
Audio Bitrate: 44100Hz  137 kb/s total (2 chnls).

Sure not the greatest rip you have ever seen, but okay, in my opinion. Here's some random screenshots:

ED2K-Link:

ed2k: Momo.(german.-.deutsch).DVD-DivX-Rip.avi  [684.42 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Momo.English.Subtitles.srt  [90.3 Kb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby marxisdead on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:50 am

looks interesting
thanx
marxisdead
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:51 am

I've never seen this movie. On IMDB it says the language is english, this rip is in german. Does it mean this rip has the original language?
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby hagbard on Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:58 pm

The movie was a German-Italian co-production - with German and Italian actors. So yes, the rip has the original language, even I am not sure, if they maybe released it bi-lingual in the beginning (a German and an Italian version) ... ?

:)
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:25 pm

hagbard wrote:The movie was a German-Italian co-production - with German and Italian actors. So yes, the rip has the original language, even I am not sure, if they maybe released it bi-lingual in the beginning (a German and an Italian version) ... ?

:)

"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Return to High Quality Section