Gattaca (1997)

Verified - Quality retail DVDRips. Xvid or DivX. If its non-retail, poorly mastered or if the rip is low-q, please post in low-q section. Lower quality DVD-rips may be moved to ensure high quality in this section. No VCDs or unverified releases in this section please.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Gattaca (1997)

Postby Bassline on Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:43 pm

This movie is just a class act! no fancy cgi or action sequences just a great movie/storyline/cast if you haven't seen it then GET IT :D

Gattaca (1997)

IMDB

Plot:
Vincent is one of the last "natural" babies born into a sterile, genetically-enhanced world, where life expectancy and disease likelihood are ascertained at birth. Myopic and due to die at 30, he has no chance of a career in a society that now discriminates against your genes, instead of your gender, race or religion. Going underground, he assumes the identity of Jerome, crippled in an accident, and achieves prominence in the Gattaca Corporation, where he is selected for his lifelong desire: a manned mission to Titan. Constantly passing gene tests by diligently using samples of Jerome's hair, skin, blood and urine, his now-perfect world is thrown into increasing desperation, his dream within reach, when the mission director is killed - and he carelessly loses an eyelash at the scene! Certain that they know the murderer's ID, but unable to track down the former Vincent, the police start to close in, with extra searches, and new gene tests. With the once-in-a-lifetime launch only days away, Vincent must avoid arousing suspicion, while passing the tests, evading the police, and not knowing whom he can trust...

Gattaca.SBC.AC3.CD1.avi
Gattaca.SBC.AC3.CD2.avi

no stats on this but it's a well shared rip that had SR tags...i changed them back to the proper ones (i think)?

WAF RiP:
File Info
File Format: AVI
File Size: 700.63 MB
Play Time: 55:40 mins
Video Header Info
Video Codec: DX50 (DivX 5)
Video BitRate: 1368 kBit/s
Video Frames/Sec: 23.976
Width x Height: 800 x 336
Audio Header Info
Audio Codec: DVM (AC3-Digital) (FAST Multimedia AG)
Audio BitRate: 384 kBit/s
Audio Channels: 6
Audio SampleRate: 48.000 kHz

Links:
ed2k: Gattaca.1997.DivX5.AC3.5.1CH.CD2-WAF.avi  [700.63 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Gattaca.1997.DivX5.AC3.5.1CH.CD1-WAF.avi  [700.43 Mb] [Stats]

Enjoy
:beerchug:

[ Add all 4 links to your ed2k client ]
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:14 pm

Good film, but I fell asleep first time. Wasn't cos of the movie, I was just totally knackered.

I believe this ones a keeper and since I don't have it in my collection *click*
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Bassline on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:45 pm

this was one of the first movies i bought on DVD :D i was going to offer to rip it but found this release and thought it should be sufficient,but i can rip any extras or subtitles if anyone wants them :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:20 pm

v.good film. Got it though.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:48 am

Jynks wrote:v.good film. Got it though.
same here
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 28, 2004 5:59 pm

Files added to header :mrgreen:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine