Resident Evil (2002)

Verified - Quality retail DVDRips. Xvid or DivX. If its non-retail, poorly mastered or if the rip is low-q, please post in low-q section. Lower quality DVD-rips may be moved to ensure high quality in this section. No VCDs or unverified releases in this section please.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Resident Evil (2002)

Postby Blade Runner on Tue May 25, 2004 4:18 am

Resident Evil (2002)

Genre: Action / Thriller / Horror / Sci-Fi

Directed by: Paul W.S. Anderson
Writing credits: Paul W.S. Anderson

Cast:
Milla Jovovich .... Alice
Michelle Rodriguez .... Rain Ocampo
Eric Mabius .... Matt Addison
James Purefoy .... Spence Parks
Martin Crewes .... Chad Kaplan
Colin Salmon .... One

Plot:
A Virus has scaped in a secret facility called "The Hive" turning all researchers into hungry zombies and releasing their mutated Lab "Animals" that they were studying. The Government sends in an elite military task force lead by Alice (Jovovich) and Rain (Rodriguez) to contain the virus in three hours before it escapes and infects the rest of the world. But all their training couldn't have prepared them for what they were going to encounter...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120804/

Links:

ZERO
Resident.Evil.2002.DVDRip.DivX.AC3-ZERO.CD1.avi
Resident.Evil.2002.DVDRip.DivX.AC3-ZERO.CD2.avi

ASKA
Resident.Evil.(2002).DVDRip.XViD.AC3-5.1.BivX.(Eng-Fre)-AsKA.avi

StinkyTofu
Resident.Evil.2002.AC3.CD1-Stinky-Tofu.avi
Resident.Evil.2002.AC3.CD2-Stinky-Tofu.avi

[ Add all 5 links to your ed2k client ]
Last edited by Blade Runner on Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby HateMachine on Thu May 27, 2004 4:48 pm

Thx - good movie...

Just finished D/Ling CD1 of the stinky-tofu rip...

Divx 3.11 - ok qual - but theres sync error - had to delay 80ms to get ok sync... Anybody else notice this???
HateMachine
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 28, 2004 7:34 pm

@hatemachine... thats a known problem with 3.11, el mariachis phantasm 2 rip, and a few other 3.11 rips ive got and otehr ppl i know have got have done this

@bladerunner... ok i let the other movie slide but resident evil??? u cant seriously beleive this ones scifi surely, dont make me set d0c on you :wacky:

i think u enjoy testing me :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 28, 2004 7:43 pm

Check out IMDB it has scifi in the Genre bit, thats why I put it up. So you cant really see any aspects of Sci-fi in this Film, if you removed the Zombies, would you be able to then?
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 28, 2004 7:47 pm

probably not hehe but thats coz its called resident evil and to me that is horror, i guess this is like spuds insistence that alien is horror when clearly its scifi hehe, but lets not go there :wacky: hehe who cares anyway, i suppose it bulks out the board more :) and thats what counts

nicidently the emails are working it seems
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 28, 2004 7:53 pm

I'd really put it down as a cross of Sci-fi because of the science behind the T-Virus and the red queen {i think) and horror because of what it creates. Sci-fi can be used with many other genres especially with fantasy, the line becomes very blurry at times.

daft example:
Wild Wild West = Sci-fi western :mrgreen:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 28, 2004 7:57 pm

wild wild west = crap :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Fri May 28, 2004 8:11 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:wild wild west = crap :lol:

no you got that wrong there buddy :wink:

wild wild west= a steaming pile of Image crap :beerchug:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 28, 2004 8:23 pm

hehe /me thinks bassline got a new image file lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Fri May 28, 2004 8:46 pm

nah...had that some time you Image idiot :lol:

btw i enjoyed this movie even though the boom gets in shot more times than the editors would be pleased about :wacky:

looking forward to the next one :D
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 28, 2004 8:49 pm

The trailer for the new one is the best one i've seen in ages
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 28, 2004 8:50 pm

The trailer for the new one is the best one i've seen in ages

hehe its done like an advert for umbrella beauty products isnt it? thats the one ive seen anyway
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 28, 2004 8:55 pm

yup that's the one :wink:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Bassline on Fri May 28, 2004 8:57 pm

didn't George Romero do that trailer?
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 28, 2004 9:27 pm

no i made it, duh lol (anyone who says i didnt shall be Image so beware :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 28, 2004 9:37 pm

Me, me, me, beam me up scotty :mrgreen:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Sat May 29, 2004 1:32 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:probably not hehe but thats coz its called resident evil and to me that is horror, i guess this is like spuds insistence that alien is horror when clearly its scifi hehe, but lets not go there
yes lets! Alien IS horror and so is this :D both are quality movies and i am way look foward to the next RE movie :)
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Blade Runner on Sat May 29, 2004 2:01 am

Umbrella says you will look good,... well for a while at least :wink:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat May 29, 2004 2:43 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:probably not hehe but thats coz its called resident evil and to me that is horror, i guess this is like spuds insistence that alien is horror when clearly its scifi hehe,

Hehe, the number of times we've discussed this and you still get my point wrong. No its nothing of the sort, infact, it takes your point of view not mine. My inisistance that alien is primarily a horror film is by its content, tone, atmosphere, script and the fact it is a horror film in every sense of the word, and that the insistance that its classed as a scifi merely because its set in space seems incredibly "disrespectful"/wrong [use of word is merely at pointing out that it misses the intention, not that its anything terrible] given everything that alien stood for and was about.

The determination of scifi for this, I would assume, comes from the fact it all revolves around an underground science facility that is creating bilogical agents that kill and reanimate the dead, creating genetic super soldiers. Which of course, does sound like a sci-fi (frankenstein on acid, another scifi, but quite clearly mainly a horror) and is in fact part of the genre, you can describe this as a sci-fi film... if you override the primary genre of the movie and take it as a scifi just because its set in a lab and involves a virus (sounds incredibly like the alien is a scifi because it has an alien in it and its set in space does it not). So infact, no its the complete opposite of my argument, it is infact more like your insistance that Alien isn't horror due to the scifi setting. ;) My arguement for alien is that its a horror because thats what it primarily is 'about'. I also say RE is a horror because that, to a lesser success, is what its 'about' (although I do question the success of its 'horror'). Both too can be described as sci-fi and clearly are, but imo, only as a subgenre.

As you obviously know, Resident Evil was, and is, designed to be a horror series. It quite clearly is meant to be a horror film (tbh, the games do a much better job at it than the movie), and its an enjoyable film, if not totally successfully. I'm eagery awaiting the sequel.

btw, that's the tryant in the box aint it? I was having a conversation with a geek, and he says "oh no, that's just the hunters in them cages"... however, although its a long time since I saw the movie, I'm almost certain the 'thing' in the box had a heart on its shoulder, which as every geek should know is trademark tyrant (is it the H strain in RE1, I forget?)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 29, 2004 5:35 pm

im also awaiting the sequel, which cages are you referring to? the movie or teh games? because in teh games the tyrants are normally in huge test cannisters, although in re2 they are released from a helicopter in scenario B in containers (T-90's), in re1 its the T-virus and in re2 and 3 the strain has moved on to the G-Virus, cant remember which it is in the movie tho, or even if its mentioned in the movie

altho the cage thing in re1 movie is a licker (if thats the cage ur referring to)

also in re apocalypse i hope they show that guy being turned into a nemesis because id like to see the transformation happening (am i sick? lol)

also a lot of ppl ask me "why is alice in the movie? who was she she isnt in any of the games, but alice was originally what turned into claire redfield in the scrapped version of resident evil 2 (game) (dubbed re 1.5 by the fanbase) when re2 was rewritten they removed alice altogether and replaced it with slutty redfield, but it is nice to see a lesser known re character getting to finally frontline something RE :)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Next

Return to High Quality Section