Blade Runner (US) Theatrical Edition DVDR

Quality VCD and DVDr rips only please. Namely from a non-screener DVD source. Please state any re-encoding methods, particulary for DVDr

Moderator: Movie Mods

Blade Runner (US) Theatrical Edition DVDR

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:11 pm

the picture says DC but there isn't any other picture.
Some nice fellow on fileheaven posted this on FH

http://www.dvdr-core.org/download.php/6 ... er.torrent

It's a torrent and one seed, I just started it, so basicly this should go to unverified DVDR :D

Not sure how to post the specs, but it's NTSC, 16:9 (probably a letterboxed 2.35:1)

EDIT: I think this is not the same version as the european version. If that is true then I should cancel it. but I HAVE to find out by myself :D
It's from the Criterion Edition Laserdisc
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:42 pm

Doesn't this then only have that alternative ending ? : :wacky:
CLICK HERE for a instant IQ test...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby John_Doe on Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:54 am

Is this the new edition that has a 'Making of'?
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:03 pm

John_Doe wrote:Is this the new edition that has a 'Making of'?

not to my knowledge. I just checked the file structure, it's movie only, perhaps with a menu.

in a bit I can see if this is the uncut theatrical release, but I doubt it
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby esper on Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:32 pm

I think that it is a reencode of the avi-version.
Look at this topic for more information:
viewtopic.php?t=205

Rumours:
2004-04-12 17:39:27
An informed source tells me that Warner Bros have withdrawn "Blade Runner" on DVD and are no longer taking orders for it. This is, apparently, in preparation for the release of a 2 disk Special edition later in the year in anamorphic 2.40:1 and Dolby 5.1. Also included will be the documentary, "On The Edge of Blade Runner" . All this is of course unofficial at this point.
Source: http://w*w.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?secti ... cleId=6384

ca. December 2003
We may finally have some reason why Warner Bros' long-planned Blade Runner Special Edition has been put on an indefinite delay. An article in this past Sunday's New York Times Art and Leisure section focused on why some classic films can be delayed from ever reaching the DVD market. In some cases, it may be something as simple as film elements being stored in mismarked film cans. Other times, it may be that because of constant corporate mergers and turnarounds, many studios aren't always sure of what they own. Often, however, it's money squabbles and legal hurdles which can put the kibosh on new disc releases. And unfortunately, this seems to be the case with Ridley Scott's futuristic masterpiece.

The ownership issues with Blade Runner are long and confusing, so I'll spare you the ugly details. But, in a nutshell, Warner Bros only has theatrical and home video distribution rights for the 1992 "Director's Cut" version of the film. The elaborate three-disc special edition plans on including this version, as well as the original 1982 cut along with a new definitive Director's Recut. But producer Jerry Perenchio, who apparently controls the original negative, hasn't signed off on any of this. And until some agreement can be reached, we'll just have to keep waiting for our ultimate BR box set.
Source: http://w*w.davisdvd.com

The actual standing about the "ultimade edtion": http://w*w.brmovie.com/BR_Special_Edition.htm

cu
esper
esper
42?

Postby El Mariachi on Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:45 am

it's LD quality, it has endcredits (unlike a divx release that I had before), it's uncut. mods can decide where it goes
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:36 am

its the theatrical version then?

*moved to dvdr*
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby El Mariachi on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:02 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:its the theatrical version then?

*moved to dvdr*

yep, it seems there was a difference between the US and European theatrical version

This is the european :) Pris gets shot 3 times :D
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:05 pm

Thers even different versions of the directors cut, 2 versions dont even have the unicorn in.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:58 pm

Blade Runner wrote:Thers even different versions of the directors cut, 2 versions dont even have the unicorn in.

you should know best of all :)
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Return to VCD / SVCD / xVCD / DVDr