Without Warning (meteors hitting Earth) (1994)

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Without Warning (meteors hitting Earth) (1994)

Postby red_gonzo on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:39 pm

This is the amazingly realistically done movie Without Warning (1994) which depicts intelligently guided meteors hitting our planet. When it was first broadcasted many viewers thought it was for real as back in Orson Wells' famous radio broadcast in 1938 of an alien invasion. This movie is yet another example of how powerful reaction can a well done movie produce on an unsuspecting audience. 90 min. long. A must see for everyone.

Plotline from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111735:
A television program is interupted by a news network announcing that three meteors have hit the United States, France and China. At first it seems natural but after interviews by scientists and eyewitness seems to suggest that it is not. Three more meteors are coming and the various Earth governments combine forces to stop them.
Presented in the format of a live TV-news broadcast, the film tells the story of three asteroids crashing in the Midwest, in France, and in the Gobi desert. When a fourth asteroid is sighted coming in over the North Pole the Air Force shoots it down, only to suddenly realize that three more fireballs are heading towards Washington D.C., Moscow and Beijing. As scientists speculate that the asteroids were intentionally sent by alien beings to communicate with earth, the military manages to shoot down the other three fireballs, only to discover that thousands more are now on their way...

ed2k: Without.Warning.(meteors.hitting.Earth).(1994).avi  [587.22 Mb] [Stats]

Please share this video with others, add links on other forums as I don't know many of them.
red_gonzo
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby d0c on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:30 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111735/ (working link)

what is the specs on this one?? its only a 587mb from a 90min tv sending.... so i just wondering if this is lowquality..
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby red_gonzo on Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:47 pm

can't open it with virtualdub, it's in xvid, good quality otherwise... :)
red_gonzo
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:17 pm

user GSPOT to gather infomation about a file..... even if you do not have the codec for it....

gSpot Homepage it even outputs nice little txt files of the data that you can cut and past into your posts :)
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby valja on Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:20 pm

Gspot shows codec as XviD, but it is not true - it is compressed by 3ivx and FourCC changed to xvid. So there are specs:

Video: 480x368, 25fps, 3ivx 849Kbps
Audio: MPEG-1 Layer3 (mp3), 22.05KHz, stereo, 64Kbps VBR
valja
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby Bassline on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:30 pm

*moved to low quality*
but give me a few days and i'll release my own rip :)
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Return to Lower Quality section