Blade Runner (1982) "International Cut"

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Blade Runner (1982) "International Cut"

Postby esper on Sun May 02, 2004 12:54 pm

Hi,

this is a delicacy for fans:

sharereactor wrote:Length: 1:54:11
Framerate: 23.976 fps
Resolution: 720x306 (2.353:1)
Videocodec: DivX 5
Videobitrate: 1566 kbps (average)
Audio: MP3, stereo, 131 kbps VBR, 48 kHz

Note: This was ripped from the Criterion Laserdisc, meaning it is the original European theatrical release, which is more explicit/violent than the original American version and features the narrative voice-over by Deckard

ed2k: Blade.Runner.(1982).CD1.International.Cut.(Criterion.LDRip).avi  [690.89 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Blade.Runner.(1982).CD2.International.Cut.(Criterion.LDRip).avi  [700.95 Mb] [Stats]

This release-links are taken from sharereactor. There it was named "Original Cut", but I renamed it in "International Cut". The reason is the BR-FAQ (see below)!!!

BR-FAQ Version 4.2 wrote:How many versions of BR are there?

In Future Noir, in a re-working of his article for Video Watchdog #20 (Nov/Dec 1993), "The 7 faces of Blade Runner", Paul M. Sammon counts 5 different versions:

The Workprint / US Denver/Dallas Sneak Preview (1982)
US San Diego Sneak Preview (June 1982)
US Domestic Cut (US Theatrical Release - 1982)
International Cut (European/Asian Theatrical Release - 1982)
The Director's Cut (BRDC) (1992)
A new version is now being prepared (2002/3?) - The Blade Runner Special Edition
The Workprint is the most different from what we know and is also the version shown at the Fairfax, UCLA, NuArt & Castro confidential screenings (where it was known as "The BLADE RUNNER Director's Cut") in 1991 and thus spawned the actual Director's Cut which ended up being a confused and rushed process.

The San Diego Sneak was very close to the US Domestic Theatrical Cut. But most people have never seen this version! The US Theatrical Release was never put on commercial video, but did appear on a laserdisc.

The International Theatrical Release is the one on which most of the videos, laserdiscs and released versions in the US and around the world are based. There is a version of this cut where some of the graphic scenes have about 15 seconds of extra violence - of Roy gouging Tyrell's eyes, of Pris beating up Deckard and Deckard firing another shot and the close-up special effect of Roy piercing his hand with the nail. The "extra violence" version is the Embassy Tenth anniversary release and is also on laserdisc. But we stress again, apart from these tiny bits, the rest of the film is the same on all OV videos.

In his original Video Watchdog article, Sammon refers to the Criterion Laserdisc Special Edition separately as it includes extras on the disc, like the Syd Mead gallery. (Hopefully these extras will appear on the BR:SE.) He also listed the Workprint showings in 1991 separately to the 1982 showings for reasons of timing, but notes they are all probably The Workprint. So in this article, it was in fact clear that there were only five actual cuts, though some people seem to have been confused with the listing of different showings/releases of these.

The "real" Director's Cut, which will appear on the Blade Runner Special Edition DVD set is likely to be much closer to the original Workprint version. Thus, criticisms that some Directors get of constantly recutting their films to new sensibilities is not really true here as all Ridley Scott is doing is taking it back to what it was supposed to be before the studios interfered. So, the BR:SE will become the sixth version, but is intended to be the "definitive cut" as it was always meant to be.
Source: h**p://w*w.brmovie.com/FAQs/index.htm

see and enjoy
cu
esper

PS: an article about the workprints:
h**p://w*w.bladezone.com/contents/film/workprint/

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
esper
42?

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Sun May 02, 2004 6:09 pm

I didn't find the narration/voice over too bad....

It was cynical , depressed in tone, much in line with the visuals...
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Tue May 04, 2004 12:51 pm

......interesting
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Blade Runner on Tue May 04, 2004 3:15 pm

O.G.N.A.N.O. wrote:I didn't find the narration/voice over too bad....

Harrison Ford dissagreed with the voice over so he made it sound as bad as possible thinking they wouldnt use it. :?
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue May 04, 2004 3:24 pm

Blade Runner wrote:
O.G.N.A.N.O. wrote:I didn't find the narration/voice over too bad....

Harrison Ford dissagreed with the voice over so he made it sound as bad as possible thinking they wouldnt use it. :?

? :wacky: ?

LOL - Well you some of the most ingenious of creations were concieved by accident....

We should start a " Blade runner discussion" thread somewhere.....

Like , was Ridley scott really aware of putting in these deeper meanings or does he just he claim he did after fans pointed out certain things could be interpretated certain ways ?
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Blade Runner on Tue May 04, 2004 3:31 pm

Blade Runner has been my number one film since its release and though I'd seen all the versions i.e. Theatrical release and Directors Cut, I have recently found another one that includes the Unicorn dream sequence, I already knew Deckard was a replicant but this extra scene changes the whole outcome of the film. Just how many versions are there?
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby John_Doe on Tue May 04, 2004 5:30 pm

and why were Harrison Ford and Sean Young so pissed at eachother during the filming?
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue May 04, 2004 6:37 pm

Here that's what I mean -

So start a seperate discussion thread about this flick in general then ? :lol:
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to Lower Quality section