The Stepford Wives (1975)

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Postby Gem]n[ on Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:16 pm

IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073747/

PLOT:
Stepford Wives is about a small suburb where the women happily go about their housework - cleaning, doing laundry, and cooking gourmet meals - to please their husbands. Unfortunately, Bobbie and Joanna discover that the village's wives have been replaced with robots, and Joanna'a husband wants in on the action.

USER COMMENTS:
I'll admit I saw the 2004 remake which starred Nicole Kidman and Bette Midler, when it was first released in cinemas simply because I was intrigued by the good cast. I'd never been that keen on comedy thriller but fell in love with and bought it when it came out in December.

Having heard it was a remake from a 1975 sinister thriller; which starred Katherine Ross and Paula Prentiss, and from a novel by Ira Levin – the same man who wrote the menacing Rosemary's Baby, I decided to give it a chance and rent in May this year.

VERIFIED ... good quality ... WideScreen ... Source: DVD ...

VIDEO (GSPOT):
Codec : DivX 5.0
Bitrate : 765 kbs
Size : 448x240
FPS : 23.976
NVOP : No
BVOP : No
QPEL: No

SOUND (GSPOT):
Codec : MP3
Bitrate : 102 kbs
Fs : 48000Hz

ED2K Link:
ed2k: The.Stepford.Wives.(1975).avi  [700.94 Mb] [Stats]

SUBTITLES:
None

This should replace the old .OGM version that was out there ... Also there's a 2CD version out there by PoD ... I will add this when I get file details ...
Last edited by Gem]n[ on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maryjay on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:19 pm

thnx! Loved the one with Nicole, curious about this one.
*sanksallot*
maryjay
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to Lower Quality section